Group Guidelines and Suggestions

ZeroGravitas

The Destroyer
  • Please come and join this group if you have any interest in the geekier end of Terraria!
  • Invite anyone else who might also be interested.
  • Make new threads!
  • Don't be afraid to ask simple questions! (Although by all means check for past instances first.)
  • Post the mechanical builds you are proud of, invite others to beat your boss, event or mob grinding figures, etc.
  • Ideas posted here are essentially fair game, but please try to ask permission first and collaborate rather than just taking. Passing off someone else's design(s) as your own will be frowned upon...
  • Link to references - if you talk about something in another thread, or your old work, etc, please, please also provide a URL link, so others stand a fair chance of easily getting up to speed.
  • Regular forum etiquette applies, as always - be nice! :happy:
  • Do not post game source code or links to de-compiled code (without express permission).
This group is a total experiment, so any and all suggestions on what might be added or re-worded are welcome! Alternatively, just tell us (below, or privately) what you like or dislike of the current setup...

Last edited:
Thread Titles:

Please put careful thought into picking your thread title so that it will be as informative and easy to find as possible. The search capabilities on the forum are rather clunky (although Google works surprisingly well instead.)

Try to include the key works of which devices are involved and what concepts are on show.

Preface you title with one of the following labels (or decide on a better one of your own, if none really fit):

[Showcase]
- A statement of your work, implicitly inviting friendly critique.

[Question] - For soliciting help on a specific topic. Try to be as specific and details as possible about what you have and what you want to know.

[Tutorial], [Guide] - dispensed advice, coming from a position of topical experience (and possibly general expertise).

[Project] - When you are inviting group participation, or you have a continually updated work in progress. First post is likely to be updated as work progressed, to present a summary of findings/contributions in entire thread.

[Challenge] - Lay down the gauntlet for other members, create an imaginative challenge, or simple say "beat this!" achievement.

[Social] - Somewhat off-topic (though vaguely relevant) talk or chat between members - meta. Possibly arranging in-game meetups or something, who knows. Hopefully not tooo many threads of this type cluttering the place.

[Personal Profile], {Personal Profile} - These have faded from use since the very early days, but you are still welcome to create one for yourself. Use it post a little bit of information about yourself and why you like these aspects of the game. Others might come in and say "hi" or ask what you're up to.

An ideal place to make a link reference repository to all your builds and threads. Or just publish builds you are proud of but (for whatever reason) don't think are worthy of a whole thread to themselves.

{Personal Profile} - Your own wall, where you can talk about yourself, your builds or whatever. And where other's can easily drop by to say "hi".

[Projects] - When you are inviting group participation, or you have a continually updated work in progress. First post is likely to be updated as work progressed, to present a summary of findings/contributions in entire thread.

<Links> - Threads primarily linking to outside content and/or compiling references (possibly internal only).

[Showcase], [Walkthrough] - A statement of your work and/or advice, optionally inviting critique.

?Question?, [Question] - For soliciting help on a specific topic.

!Challenge!, [Challenge] - Lay down the gauntlet for other members, create an imaginative challenge, or simple say "beat this!" achievement.

After specifying the type of thread, describe it's content as succinctly as possible. Then, in the post itself, try and be as specific as possible about what you would, and would not, like from the group on this topic. As always, these are not strict rules, and suggestions to reform these guide lines are more than welcome!

Note: No one is going to get hung drawn and quartered for not following conventions, especially if/when they honestly feel them inappropriate. :)
[doublepost=1464151246,1416731551][/doublepost]Pictures:

Yes please! These are often essential. Little animations ('Gifs') can be even better. To see what your problems are or appreciate your awesome creations or just to clarify quickly and definitely what you're talking about.

Please:
  • Crop your pictures - either by using the frame function with the in-game camera mode, or via a screen clipper (like Cropper - recommended), or in an editor afterwards. Very worthwhile to avoid distraction, unnecessary bulky posts and extra data transfer.
  • Avoid unnecessary 'spoiler' usage - display your pics proudly, they are often more important that the words. But hide supplemental or excessive content to streamline your posts, by all means.
  • Host images/animations externally (when possible) - then embed them via the 'image' button at the top of the post editor. This is because imagine in discussion posts don't currently show up for visitors who are not logged into the forum. Use Imgur, or some other reliable site. If this is too much trouble, don't worry, just drag and drop them into the post editor, as normal.
Some helpful links:

Screen Image Capture - Cropper (full screen or selection straight to desktop file, "png" format recommended) | Picasa (crop image before export) | Etc?
Video Capture - OBS (free, open source video capture) | Fraps (free with limited capabilities or £24) | Bandicam (10min & small watermark or $39).
Gif Capture - ScreenToGif (simple but flexible, with some edit control) | Gyazo (even quicker, simpler, no options, but auto-uploads).
Image Hosting - Imgur (tills & gifs, Reddit's default) | Gfycat (bonus - has embeded playback contrls here).

Note: when embedding animated Gifs from Gfycat, used the 'Media' button at top of post editor, paste in the provided URL and then remove the "s" from it (in "https:\") if it won't work.

Last edited:
Hi,

I just downloaded OBS, and everything in it is a foreign language to me. I have no idea how to use it. I pressed start recording and stop recording and all I get is a video of a black screen with no sound. Can't find any instructions for it on the website either, as everyone there is talking in a foreign language too! Can anyone explain how to use this program? Or if there is a simpler video recording program I can use?

Thanks!

There should be a Discord Server for this Forum! I can make it and setup roles and rooms if you want to make one.

I have a question. First, can I be in this group if I’m a Mobile player? And second, how do I add the T-MEC to my signature? (If the answer to the first question is “Yes”)

I have a question. First, can I be in this group if I’m a Mobile player?
Yes, of course! Currently the mobile version is somewhat limited in terms of wiring, but there have been same pretty cool discoveries lately about mobile hoiks. New members are always welcome! :)
And second, how do I add the T-MEC to my signature?
You can find the different logo designs here: https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/t-mec-logos-alternatives-etc.5685/
To edit your signature, mouse over your name in the top left and click "Signature". Copy/paste the logo into your signature, and maybe add a link as well.

Back
Top Bottom