Votes: 3 33.3%
  • You should continue this, I want better gardening

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • I think they could use some work

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

652Graystripe

Plantera
I present to you a quick little piece about gardening. Oh, and I finally figured out how to sprite cones. It looks okay, if you ask me.

This little thing is the Grow Light.

Grow_Light.png Grow_Light_on.png
Grow Light
Sold by the Dryad for 1 GoldCoin_old.png
Can be crafted with 2 Torches and 1 of any gem at a Workbench
Comes in different colors too! The one you see here is Ruby.
Can be toggled off and on with wire, or just by right-clicking.

Grow_Light_diamond.pngGrow_Light.png Grow_Light_emerald.png Grow_Light_sapphire.png Grow_Light_amethyst.png Grow_Light_topaz.png
From left to right: Diamond, Ruby, Emerald, Sapphire, Amethyst and Topaz grow lights, all turned off.
If you place them so that they're illuminating any planter or pot, that planter will grow stuff 1.5x as fast, even if they normally wouldn't grow under the conditions. Harvests will also have a 50% chance to grant 1-2 extra seeds (stacks with Staff of Regrowth).

As a little bonus, the Dryad also sells a sword. For 15 GoldCoin_old.png, no less.
Stone_Orchid.png
Stone Orchid
-13 summoning damage
-20 usetime
-2 knockback
-On hit: homing vines fly out from the enemy hit (think a starburst), potentially damaging 3-5 more enemies
Since it's a bonus item, I'd prefer if you don't base your support on it, just telling me whether it's cool or no. It's a spinoff of @Pinelord and his summoner weapons concept, used for early-game medium-ranged damage.

Summoning associates... @Brick Creeper @Darthwikia25 @Buggsy1O1 @Hunited @crackshotCerberus

Your alive?

I think it would be a nice touch to the gardening aspect of terraria, which needs to be fleshed out more if you ask me. I might consider making it a little harder to craft. Maybe add a iron/lead bar. So in all, good. :)

Your alive?

I think it would be a nice touch to the gardening aspect of terraria, which needs to be fleshed out more if you ask me. I might consider making it a little harder to craft. Maybe add a iron/lead bar. So in all, good. :)
Possibly alive.

A side note: I've thought about making it have different effects based on gem, but decided that was too convoluted. Different intensities, maybe, but the gems aren't all that far apart in tiering. Thoughts, anyone?

I'm probably a bit too late, but I think the ideas and sprites are really great. Not really sure about the different intensities though.

Back
Top Bottom