tModLoader Grox The Great's Mods O' Magic Revamped

Only played a bit, but I have noticed that the Logzooka is even more ludicrously OP than I remember.

I am running an RPG class mod that overpowers characters somewhat, but the Logzooka was able to easily shred Skeletron to pieces in Expert Mode, while he had a 25% health bonus, on top of his Expert health. This was with a +20% modifier to ranged damage and a +15% crit mod, as well as an ability which increases crit rate even more, which I only used once. I'm not sure how it is with vanilla values, but perhaps that's worth looking at.

Hey Grox!Are you have plans for this mod?I mean adding more content,cool stuff, And more mobs and bosses?

Of course there's going to be more content! I wouldn't bring it back without adding more to it.

Only played a bit, but I have noticed that the Logzooka is even more ludicrously OP than I remember.

I am running an RPG class mod that overpowers characters somewhat, but the Logzooka was able to easily shred Skeletron to pieces in Expert Mode, while he had a 25% health bonus, on top of his Expert health. This was with a +20% modifier to ranged damage and a +15% crit mod, as well as an ability which increases crit rate even more, which I only used once. I'm not sure how it is with vanilla values, but perhaps that's worth looking at.

I'll look into this, but I don't think logzooka is crazy overpowered since it's default damage is 35. Which shotshell were you using? Even the splitting shotshell shouldn't be so strong as to shred Skeletron.

I'd recommend putting some info on how to summon the invasion and maybe some info on progression on the OP.
Seems interesting sadly there is not much info on it.

This is partly because I am a very busy guy and as a result I don't tend to have time to work on a wiki or something like that. I do think I'll make time to put together a comprehensive guide on the Horde if only because it's so complicated to figure out otherwise.

I'll look into this, but I don't think logzooka is crazy overpowered since it's default damage is 35. Which shotshell were you using? Even the splitting shotshell shouldn't be so strong as to shred Skeletron.
It was the default shotshell. I thought they all worked the same way- the bomb one destroyed tiles, so I didn't want to use that. The default one splits into like about eight shrapnel. I was doing about 260 damage to Skeletron with every shot. I did the math, too- though I don't remember exactly how much it was.

EDIT: I tested it without the class mod or any other modifiers. The Logzooka deals about 200 damage to Skeletron's hands per hit, and it fires fairly quickly.
The only damage modifiers active here are Crimson Armor, which boosts its 35 base damage to 37, and the Shotshells remain at 10.

Shrapnel splits off from the main projectile into eight, and seems to deal about half the damage of the main projectile, giving it roughly 175 potential total base damage, or 225 with the Shotshell damage added.
The shrapnel seems to be almost entirely absorbed by bosses, meaning they take full potential damage.

EDIT 2: I also tested the biome shotshells, albeit in a new world. They don't convert any blocks on hit, nor do they split into shrapnel.

Last edited:
Are the grovite legguards supposed to be dropping from those small stone mobs in the desert during prehardmode? It's 22 defense and really easy to get.

A few thoughts on the new Grealm here.

-Affluent Ingots should not be sold by the travelling merchant prehardmode, affluent armor has way too high defense to be prehardmode, a player could easilly farm BoC or EoW for enough money to get enough ingots for a set, and considering it's rediculous defense for prehardmode... Either reduce the defense of affluent armor, or make the travelling merchant not sell affluent ingots randomly until hardmode, I'd prefer the latter personally.
-I feel Golems shouldn't be able to break blocks, this makes them a griefer enemy, remember the old 1.1 clowns and how everyone hated them? I'd hate to see an enemy like that again, I know some golems like the earthen ones don't do that, but what if someone wanted to build something underground or in the underworld? Well these golems would be there to ruin their hard work.
-It's a little weird to be seeing golems spawning in the dungeon, the regular underground or even the underground jungle is fine, but seeing golems in the dungeon randomly is a tad weird, unless some new necro golem was added that would drop bones, then it would be fitting for the dungeon.

That's all my feedback for now, I'll leave more as I play through the game.

Back
Top Bottom