tModLoader Grox The Great's Mods O' Magic Revamped

I think there might be some balancing issues with Folivine- either that, or I'm not fighting him right.

He takes forever to kill! Folly has a ton of HP compared to most prehardmode bosses- admittedly, I was fighting him in Expert Mode with an additional 30% HP, but that's there to balance out the class mod I'm using that adds about 14% extra ranged damage at this point, and this was after clearing the Aquatic Depths, fighting Skeletron, and clearing the Dungeon. Even with Necro Armor, he took about an entire ingame day to kill, and I think the culprit is his grabbers.

They seem to be intended to provide an extra damage source, and with the massive clouds of seedlings in mind, I think the point is to use piercing weapons against him, which I was. I had a Shark Storm with Meteor Bullets, but their defense was so high I was only doing 1 damage to them with it. I think if you toned down the grabbers' defense it would be a much quicker fight. If the intent is to use piercing weapons against them, it's important to bear in mind that many weapons good at crowd control don't tend to perform very well against enemies with high defense, since their damage values are low- they get their damage from hitting multiple parts of an enemy, or from high firing speed.

I also think I was a tad overequipped to fight him on account of the fact that despite taking tons of hits, he never really brought me to low life.

The seedlings also had maybe a bit more health than perhaps they should, but that could simply be because of the Expert Mode double and having about 25% extra health. With the buffs, they had about 74 health, I think, which was a bit much for the massive quantities they spawned in. The health scaling is still a bit weird, but I haven't really had much trouble with most other boss minions, so that might be worth a look.

I think there might be some balancing issues with Folivine- either that, or I'm not fighting him right.

He takes forever to kill! Folly has a ton of HP compared to most prehardmode bosses- admittedly, I was fighting him in Expert Mode with an additional 30% HP, but that's there to balance out the class mod I'm using that adds about 14% extra ranged damage at this point, and this was after clearing the Aquatic Depths, fighting Skeletron, and clearing the Dungeon. Even with Necro Armor, he took about an entire ingame day to kill, and I think the culprit is his grabbers.

They seem to be intended to provide an extra damage source, and with the massive clouds of seedlings in mind, I think the point is to use piercing weapons against him, which I was. I had a Shark Storm with Meteor Bullets, but their defense was so high I was only doing 1 damage to them with it. I think if you toned down the grabbers' defense it would be a much quicker fight. If the intent is to use piercing weapons against them, it's important to bear in mind that many weapons good at crowd control don't tend to perform very well against enemies with high defense, since their damage values are low- they get their damage from hitting multiple parts of an enemy, or from high firing speed.

I also think I was a tad overequipped to fight him on account of the fact that despite taking tons of hits, he never really brought me to low life.

The seedlings also had maybe a bit more health than perhaps they should, but that could simply be because of the Expert Mode double and having about 25% extra health. With the buffs, they had about 74 health, I think, which was a bit much for the massive quantities they spawned in. The health scaling is still a bit weird, but I haven't really had much trouble with most other boss minions, so that might be worth a look.
I've fought him as a summoner when I was doing more Terraria a while ago, and if you get hit by one of Folvine's slowdown puffs you can easily grow slower and thus become a much more vulnerable target. Add in that if you don't bring anything with piercing to deal with the Seedlings they can quickly combo you up when slowdown. Add in Expert where he won't get the same damage on his outer limbs as the inner head, and it becomes a bit tougher.

Then again, he IS only around Dungeon level last I knew, so who knows, maybe he needs a bit of tweaks. Certainly wasn't a difficulty spike like Granite Energy Storm turned out to be.

Kinda cool mod. But new town NPC don't defend themselves, they just trying to run away. And bug catcher talks about Perforators from calamity mod, when i have Corruption in the world.

Kinda cool mod. But new town NPC don't defend themselves, they just trying to run away. And bug catcher talks about Perforators from calamity mod, when i have Corruption in the world.

You can still summon Perforators even if the world is corrupt, but I can have this little detail only show up on crimson worlds.

Folivine i've been having issues properly balancing because it keeps going from 'too hard' to 'too easy' and back again. The grippers originally had *less* defense then the body, but then it became *too* easy to kill him, so I upped the defense and made their purpose an extra damage source from buffs (ie you can light all the grippers AND the body on fire for 5x the fire damage) and greatly buffed his damage and seedling count, but this proved to be too much as people were complaining the swarms of seedlings were soaking up hits meant for the boss (which was kind of the point, but not to such an extreme degree) so I once again reduced seedling count while keeping the buffed damage.

One major flaw with Folivine is it cannot go much faster then what it currently is doing, as it will break the AI in Multiplayer. I've tried multiple times to rework the AI to circumvent this, but to no avail. It's one of the reasons Pollen came into existence - to force you to slow down and deal with the boss on it's own turf.

What I think i'll try next is this: reducing the defense of the grippers, but also causing buffs inflicted to them to die out twice as fast. This is because having both will definitely make the fight too easy, but lowered defense should make the grippers better targets to hit. Seedlings i'm gonna remove the expert health buff (but not the damage buff), that's actually not really intentional lol.

I somehow got Crimson seeds, probably drop from some enemy, but i didn't see, who exactly drop them.
----------------------------------
First post says, full changelog on discord channel, but there no link.
----------------------------------
Nevermind, it's there.

Last edited:
Where do I get ancient bone fragments? Also, Grox, could you quickly write what monsters drop your modded materials on this thread?

Where do I get ancient bone fragments? Also, Grox, could you quickly write what monsters drop your modded materials on this thread?
Ancient bone fragments drop from Ancient Dragon Skulls in the hardmode underworld.
Also, I want to ask anyone reading this, how might I get Advanced Circuits?
EDIT: Nevermind, found em.

I'm unable to host this mod on my linux server
Code:
Reading: BaseMod
Missing method .ctor in assembly data-0xe2965a0, type System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ExtensionAttribute
Can't find custom attr constructor image: data-0xe2965a0 mtoken: 0x0a00011a
* Assertion at class.c:5597, condition `!mono_loader_get_last_error ()' not met

Stacktrace:

at <unknown> <0xffffffff>
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoCMethod.InternalInvoke (System.Reflection.MonoCMethod,object,object[],System.Exception&) <0xffffffff>
  at System.Reflection.MonoCMethod.InternalInvoke (object,object[]) <0x0003f>
  at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type,bool) <0x00163>
  at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type) <0x00013>
  at Terraria.ModLoader.AssemblyManager.InstantiateMods (System.Collections.Generic.List`1<Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader/LoadingMod>) <0x006a3>
  at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.LoadMods () <0x0045f>
  at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load (object) <0x00067>
  at Terraria.Main.DedServ () <0x0026b>
  at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame (string[]) <0x00263>
  at Terraria.LinuxLaunch.Main (string[]) <0x00037>
  at (wrapper runtime-invoke) <Module>.runtime_invoke_void_object (object,intptr,intptr,intptr) <0xffffffff>

Native stacktrace:

/home/ds2012/tmodloader/lib64/libmonosgen-2.0.so.0(+0xcd18a) [0x7f1766d4718a]
        /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(+0x354b0) [0x7f17668e64b0]
        /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(gsignal+0x38) [0x7f17668e6428]
        /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(abort+0x16a) [0x7f17668e802a]
        /home/ds2012/tmodloader/lib64/libmonosgen-2.0.so.0(+0x263af5) [0x7f1766eddaf5]
        /home/ds2012/tmodloader/lib64/libmonosgen-2.0.so.0(+0x263c63) [0x7f1766eddc63]
        /home/ds2012/tmodloader/lib64/libmonosgen-2.0.so.0(+0x1458b4) [0x7f1766dbf8b4]
        /home/ds2012/tmodloader/lib64/libmonosgen-2.0.so.0(mono_class_get_full+0xed) [0x7f1766dc0b0d]
        /home/ds2012/tmodloader/lib64/libmonosgen-2.0.so.0(mono_class_from_name+0xfd) [0x7f1766dc0f3d]
        /home/ds2012/tmodloader/lib64/libmonosgen-2.0.so.0(mono_class_from_typeref+0x17f) [0x7f1766dc071f]
        /home/ds2012/tmodloader/lib64/libmonosgen-2.0.so.0(mono_class_get_full+0x155) [0x7f1766dc0b75]
        /home/ds2012/tmodloader/lib64/libmonosgen-2.0.so.0(+0x1914aa) [0x7f1766e0b4aa]
        /home/ds2012/tmodloader/lib64/libmonosgen-2.0.so.0(mono_metadata_parse_mh_full+0x370) [0x7f1766e0c0c0]
        /home/ds2012/tmodloader/lib64/libmonosgen-2.0.so.0(+0x512aa) [0x7f1766ccb2aa]
        /home/ds2012/tmodloader/lib64/libmonosgen-2.0.so.0(+0x36e89) [0x7f1766cb0e89]
        /home/ds2012/tmodloader/lib64/libmonosgen-2.0.so.0(+0x3a871) [0x7f1766cb4871]
        /home/ds2012/tmodloader/lib64/libmonosgen-2.0.so.0(+0x3b8d1) [0x7f1766cb58d1]
        /home/ds2012/tmodloader/lib64/libmonosgen-2.0.so.0(mono_runtime_invoke+0x3d) [0x7f1766e5869d]
        /home/ds2012/tmodloader/lib64/libmonosgen-2.0.so.0(mono_runtime_invoke_array+0x69f) [0x7f1766e5f00f]
        /home/ds2012/tmodloader/lib64/libmonosgen-2.0.so.0(+0x15e776) [0x7f1766dd8776]
        [0x41ba0938]

Debug info from gdb:

=================================================================
Got a SIGABRT while executing native code. This usually indicates
a fatal error in the mono runtime or one of the native libraries
used by your application.
=================================================================

Back
Top Bottom