tAPI Grox The Great's Mods o' Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dat Barbarian =0 Your my new hero Grox <3
I looked at the sprite sheet, then to the code briefly, back to the sprite sheet, and lastly fixate on the code.
Visceral clean up needed post brainsplosion...
Very innovative work, great job!

I had to do that (split the Barbarian's spritesheet in two) because it appears that after a certain size the game fails to draw things properly. When it was all one sheet he began to get blurry and offset incorrectly. So I just split it in two and drew which texture based on his current frame! :p

You can thank Zero-Exodus for making the spritesheet itself, he has some impressive drawing skills!

Is the Grovite (SP) armor's visual effect supposed to show through vanity? Because it does.

It's supposed to show up if you have any grovite armor showing through, and even then only on those parts. (for example, if you have the full set and then put on a vanity helmet, the hood's eyeglow won't draw but everything else will)

EDIT: On the AccessorySlots+ bug: I think I know the problem, but unfortunately it's not something I can fix, but Shockah. I'll tell him and see what can be done.

Last edited:
It's supposed to show up if you have any grovite armor showing through, and even then only on those parts. (for example, if you have the full set and then put on a vanity helmet, the hood's eyeglow won't draw but everything else will)

EDIT: On the AccessorySlots+ bug: I think I know the problem, but unfortunately it's not something I can fix, but Shockah. I'll tell him and see what can be done.
Shockah already told two people it was a problem on your end. Maybe you should talk to each other instead?

This mod is awesome. All these new items :D A few questions: Is it intended that there are no Red Devils and Lava Bats spawning in hardmode underworld? Do u plan adding an alternate ore (pal,ori,tita) receipe for the Talus Armor? Same for the Horde Staff. Alternate receipe for the others woods? TerrarianElite wrote that Zombinator is a mob in the Horde Invasion. I Summoned the last 10 hordes after Golem was killed and there was no Zombinator. And Grox wrote he is a mob of the Zombi invasion. Is that something different? Maybe like an eclipse event?

edit: Zombinator spawned. rare dude

Last edited:
It's showing up even if I have vanity in all slots. Or at least some of it is, I can't see the eyeglow effect (or maybe I'm just not noticing it).

Do you mean when you hit them, they dissapear? That sounds like a syncing issue, but i've tested golems on servers before without any backlash problems. Do other npcs do this?
I was playing for some time on sever today with this, me and my 2 other friends had all golems sans the earth ones vanish on hit as well as the eater of worlds if you hit its head. so basically unfightable.

Uh, Grox, I don't know if you're aware of this, but with Crimson Armor, an Unreal Chain Launcher firing grenades does 73 damage per shot at a speed of Very Fast, with at least Strong knockback. It also does splash damage and has the same blast radius as the Grenades it fires.

This means that a weapon obtainable after beating at least one Goblin Invasion is capable of killing Skeletron in less than 20 seconds.

Doesn't that seem just a little overpowered?

Grox, I had to use Shockah's cheat menu to find this out, but it appears that the Alpha Blade, Beta Blade, Gamma Blade, and Omni Blade can only be crafted using swords that have no prefixes or suffixes. Can you fix this, please? It makes it really annoying to craft them.

Uh, Grox, I don't know if you're aware of this, but with Crimson Armor, an Unreal Chain Launcher firing grenades does 73 damage per shot at a speed of Very Fast, with at least Strong knockback. It also does splash damage and has the same blast radius as the Grenades it fires.

This means that a weapon obtainable after beating at least one Goblin Invasion is capable of killing Skeletron in less than 20 seconds.

Grenades are expensive, and possess the threat of blowing you up. Just from a peek at the damage, it certainly seems overpowered, but I think the threat of self-damage is a sufficient counter.
But that's just my opinion, man.

ok so i made the golden thorn scythe weapon, i feel like the animation is supposed to go fully just like the other scythe type weapons/tools, and yet it cocks back and then goes forward. ignore this if the animation was intentional but it just felt off to me

Holy moley, lots of posts!

It's showing up even if I have vanity in all slots. Or at least some of it is, I can't see the eyeglow effect (or maybe I'm just not noticing it).

This sounds like it's doing what it's supposed to. The actual light occurs regardless of vanity, the torch-like glow only happens if there isn't a vanity in the same slot. If there IS a vanity in the same slot, and it still happens, then it's a bug.

I was playing for some time on sever today with this, me and my 2 other friends had all golems sans the earth ones vanish on hit as well as the eater of worlds if you hit its head. so basically unfightable.

If the Eater of Worlds was freaking out, this sounds less like a GRealm bug and more like a tAPI bug. Can you retry killing him (The Eater of Worlds I mean), but without GRealm?

Grox, I had to use Shockah's cheat menu to find this out, but it appears that the Alpha Blade, Beta Blade, Gamma Blade, and Omni Blade can only be crafted using swords that have no prefixes or suffixes. Can you fix this, please? It makes it really annoying to craft them.

o_O

This...is a bit odd. It's definitely tAPI related, i'll look into fixing this.

so folivine.....jittery as all hell, and smaller than i expected. also, why can i target his grippers?

Define 'jittery' - his movement is not really fluid (as his center moves with the gripper positions), but if he's teleporting then it's bugged.
The grippers are targetable because early on not being able to target them turned out to make him too hard, as he'd often move so erratically that you'd rarely get a hit in with melee.

ok so i made the golden thorn scythe weapon, i feel like the animation is supposed to go fully just like the other scythe type weapons/tools, and yet it cocks back and then goes forward. ignore this if the animation was intentional but it just felt off to me

The thorn scythe is actually in a subgroup of weapons I have that use that usestyle, it's entirely intentional. The idea is you bring it over your head before slicing your enemy with it.

This mod is awesome. All these new items :D A few questions: Is it intended that there are no Red Devils and Lava Bats spawning in hardmode underworld? Do u plan adding an alternate ore (pal,ori,tita) receipe for the Talus Armor? Same for the Horde Staff. Alternate receipe for the others woods? TerrarianElite wrote that Zombinator is a mob in the Horde Invasion. I Summoned the last 10 hordes after Golem was killed and there was no Zombinator. And Grox wrote he is a mob of the Zombi invasion. Is that something different? Maybe like an eclipse event?

edit: Zombinator spawned. rare dude

Red Devils and Lava Bats should still spawn; do they spawn without GRealm?
Talus Armor is actually something that isn't finished and might not ever be finished, it depends on where things go with it. I'd be less vague, but it's kind of a surprise :)
Horde Staff I can make use any wood if it's inconvenient for it to just use normal wood.

And yh zombinator is a wildcard, you can have either a ton in a horde or 3, need to figure out a way to balance that. A way to improve his chances is to go to a forest biome, so biome-specific zombies do not take up spawn slots.

I knew this weapon was gonna be a problem child when I added grenade support. :p In fact, this is partly why the chain launcher's default damage is so low.
I think I'll clip grenade damage by half; the convenience and fast firing would balance out with lower damage and it would still retain it's splash damage.

Grenades are expensive, and possess the threat of blowing you up. Just from a peek at the damage, it certainly seems overpowered, but I think the threat of self-damage is a sufficient counter.
But that's just my opinion, man.

It does self-balance to a point, but Lithium is correct in that that can only go so far. Killing skeletron in 20 seconds is a little rediculous. :p

To be fair though, Grenades in general are already OP, lol.

Last edited:
I can second the guy that said Zombinator tends to not spawn. 5 hordes in a row, not even one. I don't know what the dude looks like...

I did kill like 80 barbarians tho. Dat splinter selling cash.

Last edited:
Thirding the bit about Zombinator not spawning.
I've done at least 4 hordes and it just hasn't spawned.

I dont know if it does not work with suffixes but it works with prefixes for me. For me suffixes dont work at all on weapons. But i dont want to use it anyways.
With 15 acc slots (works perfect) i dont feel a need for more op-nes :D

Red Devils and Lava Bats should still spawn; do they spawn without GRealm?

If u mean only with your basemod then no. In vanilla they do spawn.

Talus Armor is actually something that isn't finished and might not ever be finished, it depends on where things go with it. I'd be less vague, but it's kind of a surprise :)

Looking forward to it if u finish it :D Was Kinda hard getting it with only one of the old ores ^_^ Good to have those golems :D

Horde Staff I can make use any wood if it's inconvenient for it to just use normal wood.

I realised it uses only normal wood, when i had no normal left.Now after a while in hardmode i have no normal forest left on my first map, even on skyislands, shame on me xD Should terraform a bit ^_^

And yh zombinator is a wildcard, you can have either a ton in a horde or 3, need to figure out a way to balance that. A way to improve his chances is to go to a forest biome, so biome-specific zombies do not take up spawn slots.

Most atempts were in the hallowed forest. Got him in the jungle in one invasion so far and there were exactly 3 ^^ But no welding arm :/ A bit more farming ^_^

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom