tAPI Grox The Great's Mods o' Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
So something interesting happened.

I had a Bug Catcher named Buggart in my town before. I defeated the Goblin Army, and shortly after another Bug Catcher named Isaac appeared.
So now I have 2 Bug Catchers.

PWdQ3Ec.png

Quite frustrating, because now I have an useless NPC taking up space in my town.

EDIT: Oh cool, now I have 2 Miners as well.

bE1vN7D.png

Seems like if an NPC added by GRealms gets new items added to its inventory, a duplicate arrives.

I'm actually thinking about building a rundown town far away named "Doppelganger Town", and placing all of the duplicates there.

I use this emote way too often, but

o_O

I'll look into this, lol.

Also, If you do make a town i'd love a screenshot of it on the map. XD

I think Golems should get a significant nerf to either their health, or defense.
The ones that are underground are a massive pain in the :red:, and not fun to fight at all.
Trenchers are also a pain in the :red:, but not as much.

A creative fix would be making them neutral enemies and giving them buffs to their attack. It would provide an interesting "Don't startle the witch" mechanic.

Also, it seems like Folivine does not seem to have a "Folivine has been defeated!" message.
A minor thing, but still.

Yeah, I am kind of surprised noone pointed out that the prehardmode metal golems were ridiculously powerful. I remember testing them but I must not have used the proper tools of the tier because you should not need to spend 5 minutes to kill a tungsten golem with a gold pickaxe.

As stated by Ersatz, leeches, but also flesh rippers (hardmode leeches that have a chance of splitting into several smaller ones when killed.) Appear underground sometimes but are very common in the jungle.

Anyways, to the point of my post:
DQPAHOb.png

Long story short, the Gamma blade does not phase through tiles.

You mean you can't hit npcs with the sword through tiles? Since that's what 'phases through tiles' means when applied to my swords. If so i'll look into it.

o_O

Yeah, I am kind of surprised noone pointed out that the prehardmode metal golems were ridiculously powerful. I remember testing them but I must not have used the proper tools of the tier because you should not need to spend 5 minutes to kill a tungsten golem with a gold pickaxe.

You mean you can't hit npcs with the sword through tiles? Since that's what 'phases through tiles' means when applied to my swords. If so i'll look into it.
I figured it was intended behaviour. High effort for a modest reward.

As stated by Ersatz, leeches, but also flesh rippers (hardmode leeches that have a chance of splitting into several smaller ones when killed.) Appear underground sometimes but are very common in the jungle.

Anyways, to the point of my post:
DQPAHOb.png

Long story short, the Gamma blade does not phase through tiles.
Sword phases through tiles but the projectile doesn't

o_O

Welp, now I have 3 Bug Catchers.
tAPI 2014-11-30 13-02-24-12.png

Doppelganger Town might have to cover the entire snow biome soon.
Until then, I will keep killing them with boulders.

Use Nuclear Boulders *Kappa* :naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty:
I actually modded in a weapon that fires spikes capable of killing NPCs.
Helps a bit. ;)
It does damage you once you fire it though.
I figured it was intended behaviour. High effort for a modest reward.
It's not really effort, it's tediousness.
Anything you have will deal 1 to 5 damage to them, and most of them have over 150 HP.
It's just boring to fight them, might as well ignore all but Gold Golems.

Last edited:
Is there a Hardmode version of the Logzooka? Because there really needs to be one. That weapon amuses me far more than it should.

I'm digging this mod. Everything so far seems to fit neatly into Terraria without feeling really out of place. Even if making fish rain from the sky does feel a little OP at times...

Sword phases through tiles but the projectile doesn't

For me it doesn't, I tested it.

EDIT: Omni Blade is fine. Just the Gamma Blade.

how do you get the arcane welding table ????

(3? Not sure) Advanced Circuitry + 20 of each mechanical boss soul + 20 pixie dust + a welding arm

Advanced Circuitry and the Welding arm are both drops from the Zombinator in the Hardmode Horde (I assume after you've beaten either one or all mechanical bosses)

Is there a Hardmode version of the Logzooka? Because there really needs to be one. That weapon amuses me far more than it should.

I'm digging this mod. Everything so far seems to fit neatly into Terraria without feeling really out of place. Even if making fish rain from the sky does feel a little OP at times...
Reminds me, I think there should be an NPC that sells wood.
With items like the Woodchipper and Logzooka, you run out of it pretty quickly.

It doesn't even have to be a new NPC, it may be an existing one.
I have this problem as well, when I try to equip a Bug Satchel.

Last edited:
Reminds me, I think there should be an NPC that sells wood.
With items like the Woodchipper and Logzooka, you run out of it pretty quickly.

It doesn't even have to be a new NPC, it may be an existing one.

I have this problem as well, when I try to equip a Bug Satchel.
Kinda your fault for not planting new trees :S

Also, don't double-post. Edit your post instead.

Kinda your fault for not planting new trees :S

Also, don't double-post. Edit your post instead.
It takes too much time damn it!
First world problems, too lazy to plant trees in a virtual world.
Seriously though, an NPC that sells wood would not be bad in my opinion.

But I did edit my post...

They for some reason never work for me.... YES. I build them correctly
atleast three blocks wide space for sapling to grow, no torches 2 blocks to the right or left of the sapling and atleast 30 blocks high free space?

found a error in grealm when activating it in the mod menu
TAPI.Mods+LoadException: GRealm.tapi: System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: No key "GRealm:Sundisk" found
at TAPI.WrapperDictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
at GRealm.MBase.OnLoad() in c:\Users\Daemonic\Documents\My Games\Terraria\tAPI\Mods\Sources\GRealm\GRealm\MBase.cs:line 94
at TAPI.Mod.<Load>b__0(BinBuffer bb)
at TAPI.Mods.HandleTapiModFile(FPath path, Action`1 action)
at TAPI.Mods.HandleModFile(FPath path, Action`1 action)
at TAPI.Mod.Load()
at TAPI.Mods.Load()
at TAPI.Mods.Load()
Despite the error it still seems to load not sure yet if it effect the game will update if i notice anything big next one i recieved when creating a new character
System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: No key "GRealm:GroviteShell" found
at TAPI.WrapperDictionary`2.get_Item( key)
at GRealm.Items.ShroomShell.GetActiveShell(Terraria.Player player, System.Boolean visual = False) in \GRealm\GRealm\Items\accessories\shells\ShroomShell.cs at line 26
at GRealm.MPlayer.<.ctor>b__7(TAPI.PlayerLayer layer, Terraria.Player drawPlayer, Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch sb) in \GRealm\GRealm\MPlayer.cs at line 676
at TAPI.PlayerLayer+Action.OnDraw(Terraria.Player drawPlayer, Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch sb)
at TAPI.PlayerLayer.Draw(Terraria.Player drawPlayer, Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch sb)
at Terraria.Main.DrawPlayer(Terraria.Player drawPlayer, Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Vector2 Position, System.Single rotation, Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Vector2 rotationOrigin, System.Single shadow = 0)
at TAPI.MenuButtonDrawPlayer.Draw(Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch SP, System.Boolean mouseOver)
at TAPI.MenuPage.Draw(Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch SP)
at TAPI.Menu.DrawMenu()
at Terraria.Main.Draw(Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameTime gameTime)
also error 1 repeats while loading mods at startup

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom