tAPI Grox The Great's Mods o' Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I think there is an error in this mod that causes A LOT of molten golems EVERYWHERE.
In the earthengolem.cs file there is a line in the spawn conditions:
Code:
if (golemType == 0 ? (Main.rand.Next(5) != 0) : golemType == 7 ? (Main.rand.Next(10) == 0) : (Main.rand.Next(20) != 0)) { return false; } //1/5 chance to spawn before calculations
I think it should be:
Code:
if (golemType == 0 ? (Main.rand.Next(5) != 0) : golemType == 7 ? (Main.rand.Next(10) != 0) : (Main.rand.Next(20) != 0)) { return false; } //1/5 chance to spawn before calculations

So far it has stopped the parade of molten golems in my game but I literally knew nothing on how to even work on a mod earlier this evening and just self taught myself enough to fix this problem that at least I was having. Basically I could be dead wrong and it was designed that way or I am fixing it wrong.

***EDIT***
So after some testing that little fix definitely decreased the amount of molten golems in the world but they still appear all over the place when they should only be appearing in Hell. The spawn conditions for them seem correct but I know almost nothing about coding and am basically just using context clues as to figure out what I think I am looking at. Is anyone else having this issue?

Last edited:
I'm at a loss at how to make the Arcane Welding Station.

How do you obtain the Welding Arm? The rest of it I can figure out but according to Neo's Recipe Book, there doesn't seem to be a recipe for the Welding Arm.

I'm at a loss at how to make the Arcane Welding Station.

How do you obtain the Welding Arm? The rest of it I can figure out but according to Neo's Recipe Book, there doesn't seem to be a recipe for the Welding Arm.
well its quite stupid actually: they are a drop from zombinators during the horde...BUT ONLY AFTER YOU'VE BEATEN THE GOLEM!!...yes..you have wasted so much of your time :3

Ummm...no. I haven't even fought the Horde yet.
ooohhh...I assume since you were only looking for the welding arm you must have given up trying to get it from the horde and came here...well you ruined my joke..thanks for that :naughty:

ooohhh...I assume since you were only looking for the welding arm you must have given up trying to get it from the horde and came here...well you ruined my joke..thanks for that :naughty:
Thanks. I got the Welding Arm from the Horde.

I just crafted a Static Cannon. What does it need for ammo?

I just crafted a Static Cannon. What does it need for ammo?
10 crystalline batteries (Voltarcer/Static Cannon ammo) needs 10 empty canisters (you get 5 for an iron or lead bar, i think it was at an anvil), 2 pixie dust and 5 crystal shards at a mythril/orichalcum anvil.

I don't know..try grovite??? or any other random item into the guides crafting menu?
You can make grovite tracers with it. They are like chlorophyte bullets but with higher dmg.

Last edited:
Attempting to start a new world, and darned if I remember how to make Poison's Grip. Yes, I tried adding one already made to the guide.

Attempting to start a new world, and darned if I remember how to make Poison's Grip. Yes, I tried adding one already made to the guide.
actually..ive played through with this mod about 5 times over..and I don't think ive EVER heard of that item...its probably melee though..and I don't do melee...until my melee playthrough that im on right now..i just got acess to the dungeon in it..but if I find anything about it I shall tell you!..yay teamwork? :D

those golems are still drunk nuisances
so a golem walks into a bar...and the bartender...alerts the local police that there is a giant rock monster on the loose and should be taken down before it disturbs the peace.

this has been: your anti-joke of the day
[DOUBLEPOST=1434977605,1434977545][/DOUBLEPOST]
20 Rich Mahogany and 15 Corpsethorn. I think the coprsethorn was from the horde when summoned in the jungle, and i think it was in hardmode. Could be wrong though.

It`s a fishing pole ;)
pretty sure corpsethorns drop from folivine..also I thought it was some sort of venomus claw item :p

Haha:D
pretty sure corpsethorns drop from folivine..also I thought it was some sort of venomus claw item :p
That`s the Golden Thorn;)

Just tested on my hm-world (all bosses down) so i can`t tell his spawn requirements. Corpsethorn drops from a horde enemy in the jungle. It is the gardener. He also drops the Ravager Seed for the Pendant of Pain.

Edit: Plantera has to be downed for the Gardener to spawn. I knew someone wrote it somewhere.

I still wonder where i would get the Volcanic Shard though:confused:

Last edited:
so a golem walks into a bar...and the bartender...alerts the local police that there is a giant rock monster on the loose and should be taken down before it disturbs the peace.

this has been: your anti-joke of the day
[DOUBLEPOST=1434977605,1434977545][/DOUBLEPOST]

Well they are clearly drunk, if they were sober golems, they would realise they are a hostile enemy and not a friendly animal. :p

Also the earthen golems always stumble their way into my lava moat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom