NPCs & Enemies guard/turret

is this a good idea?

• good idea

• ok

• too op

• just plain no

• i dont really care if this is a good idea or not

Results are only viewable after voting.
my idea is simple it would basicly be turrets would be crafted by any bar, an ammo box, and wires will give you an empty turret to load it you would just go to a tinkerers table and use the turret and the kind of bullets you want to load.
turrets would shoot any enemie in sight with the kind of bullets they had in them and would have 150 shots. you would also not be able to place turrets within 28 blocks of each other and they would have a range of 20 blocks. the same goes for guards except range varies with different guards
guards would look like or except they would look like humans the best one you can get would be a human version of this guy.
they would be hired by the guard who would move in after the wall of flesh but you cant hire the human paladin till you defeat 3 paladin the normal guys cost 25 gold and the human paladin would cost 75 gold.
they would all have health and can be killed but there would also the healer who would look like a human version of and would heal other guards.

i have been wishing they had this kind of thing for a long time

Last edited:
my idea is simple it would basicly be turrets would be crafted by any bar, an ammo box, and wires will give you an empty turret to load it you would just go to a tinkerers table and use the turret and the kind of bullets you want to load.
turrets would shoot any enemie in sight with the kind of bullets they had in them and would have 150 shots.
guards would look like or except they would look like humans the best one you can get would be a human version of this guy.
they would be hired by the guard who would move in after the wall of flesh but you cant hire the human paladin till you defeat 3 paladin the normal guys cost 25 gold and the human paladin would cost 75 gold.
they would all have health and can be killed but there would also the healer who would look like a human version of and would heal other guards.

i have been wishing they had this kind of thing for a long time
Turrets? Sounds cool. Guards? Maybe as a spawnable NPC, that you provide with equipment that defend Town NPCs. Although using the armored skeleton sprites might get you criticized

We have at least two suggestions for guards.

EDIT: Ninja'd

Turrets... Not a TERRIBLE idea but we already have the Summoner turrets, which IMO are more balanced since you can only have two of them.

I think you would get more understanding if you start talking about:
And then just say you want to see full-on turrets and guards that work sorta like they do. I think it would also be balancing to claim that such turrets/guards could only exist within a limited distance of a valid home, and in a limited number depending on how many NPCs are nearby. If those two conditions are broken, the turret goes offline and becomes a regular tile, while the guards respawn at a related NPC's new home's location (or simply vanish until the NPC respawns). Such limitations should balance this idea out completely.

That's basically what summoner turrets do. They autofire at enemies. The problem with yours, as Lecic described, is that I could plant fifty of them and basically shred through everything, while with Summoner turrets, there is literally no way for one person to have more than two at a time.
didn't somebody build an afk frostmoon farm using darts?

didn't somebody build an afk frostmoon farm using darts?
Traps can damage the players, at double the damage, usually. The OP was left vague, but I am inclined to believe they will be functionally the same as traps, but won't hurt the players. Imagine having spear traps every which way in your arena, and none hitting you while you pass through, but only the enemies.

thats what i just said
Then you should edit your OP to make your meaning clearer. As you can see, it's already caused several confusions.

there i edited my OP. i hope its a little less confusing now. also this is just a thing i've wanted for ages so my npcs dont keep gitting killed by wraiths or stuff that somehow gets in my house during blood moons

Back
Top Bottom