NPCs & Enemies Guide Revamp + Boss Weakpoints

wadda ya think?

• Total voters

willsp

Skeletron Prime
now while I love terraria there are a few things that I, among others notice it lacks. the 3 major things I notice is that

A) though it has a plethora of bosses and events how to activate those events and why exactly you do so is often a complete mystery (the mechanical trio) or is only vaguely hinted at (WOF) leading to newer players to have to look up the wiki or just plain assume that they've finished the game

B) apart from the occasional time when you forget a crafting recipe the guide is practically useless after the first hour of gameplay

C) most hardmode bosses are REALY frustrating to beat. especially if its your first time playing

My suggestion to solve these problems is a revamped guide npc who has a new quest like feature along with his current uses. when the quest button is selected from his main menu (similar to that of the fisherman npc) the guide would tell you the next boss to beat, why to do it, and how. he would also give you a hint towards a weakspot that deals more damage and more knockback than usual (EOC's pupal, Duke Fishron's mouth,EOW's head etc.) as a way to make bosses a teenie bit easier for newer players as well as a way to make boss fights more interesting for more advanced players
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
basic example:

(the mechanical bosses) "mechanic's name"'s cousin "steampunker's name" has been working on creating cyborgs out of some of your old enemies in an attempt to make them into robotic guards for the town!...unfortunately she forgot erase there memories and now they may or may not be coming to kill us all. Yeah sucks I know, luckily they should still have similar weakness to there fleshy counterparts. Beat them and "steampunkers name" might pay us a visit as a thank you.

the're also light sensitive for whatever reason so they will only come out at night, so if you notice anything strange at night you best prepare for the worst.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

upon completing a quest the guide will give you a random reward. most likely gold or a rare non-combat based item like the binoculars or one of the many info accessories used in the cell phone. he might also offer you a special thank you from the townsfolk by lowering shop prices or giving you one of their weapons.(after beating moon lord he might ask you to beat a random boss or just give you a prize for no reason other than a thank you)

one final change I'd like to make is to simple make him carry a book under his arm. just a simple way of separating him from looking like a standard avatar while also providing his with a more scholarly appearance

The mechs are SUPPOSED to be hard. Just get better gear and arena, friends, etc. But the hinting at bosses would be nice via the help function, like for queen bee: "Deep in the jungle, there are some giant beehives. If you attract the attention of a queen bee, defeat it and a witch doctor may join your town." (After EoW/BoC)
and for the mechanicals: "It seems as if some of your old enemies are seeking revenge. They've doubled their ante, so you must get the best setup you can."

Back
Top Bottom