Mobile Guide to: Hallow, Crimson, Corruption!

Was this guide helpful?

• Yeah, it helped me understand the main biomes. Thanks!

• I'm already a master, or I found it lacking info.

• Somewhere in between those...hm....

Results are only viewable after voting.

Err0r Terror

Spazmatism
FIRST OFF: What to expect. NOT WIP ANYMORES!!!
1.The Corruption.
BiomeBannerCorruption.png

This isn't some representation of society's sins, this is one of the major biomes and what is by far, the BIGGEST threat to Terraria, except the Crimson, equally and dangerous. Why so dangerous, you might ask? Well...

For newbies: The numerous chasms can be near or impossible to get through when you fall into them, and there are few ways to get over it without falling. Plus, corruption enemies aren't easy to beat in general, so stay away! Plus, it's usually near the dungeon and ebonstone isn't mineable right now which is most of the chasms.

For Veterans: You should be heading here to face Etaer of Worlds, right? Have your silver armor and potions ready. He may seem easy, but once he starts separating like life doesn't matter, you gonna have a bad time fighting him. Plus, Shadow Orbs spawn Meteorites (occasionally) which can land on your base, WRECKING your world.

Hardmode+:Now, here's the hard part: The Corruption will actually start SPREADING now, and at a faster rate, too. It can take over Sky Islands, forests and jungles, not to mention caves, mini-biomes and deserts. Plus, the V-shape will make it have a GREAT start. The enemies are more dangerous now, and it's just....UHH!

So, how can you deal with it? Newbies should generally avoid it, unless doing a boss. Veterans should stay away unless trying to reach the dungeon or farm the bosses (and if you want to stall the Corruption early, recommended!) which is nice. Hardmode players should be in contact with it a lot, to destroy demon Altars, to get Corruption-specifc ores, and to seal or cleans your world of Corruption.

That's the Corruption for ya. Cleansed using 4-block gaps, cleantanimators or seeds, and can become ANNOYING as hell and a major threat.

2.The Crimson.
BiomeBannerCrimson.png

If you have no Corruption, you got Crimson instead, i.e. gore land. And, it's ONLY redeeming quality is that it's not WORSE than the Corruption, heck, it's enemies are slightly weaker. Hurrah! Problems...

For Newbies: Those chasms ate goddamn worse than ever. Not only are the initial gaps bigger, now they're in the shape of hands that go real deep underground. WOW. Not that creepy, the Underground enemies are numerous.

For Veterans: Without a huge lot of ropes or Magic Mirror, then you're absolutely screwd if you fall into those holes, though fortunately, they're actually more sloped and 'I'm right here', reducing accidental fall chance. The boss is definitely harder AND trickier than Eater of Worlds, and it's BRAIN of Cthulhu!

Hardmode+: Apart from the fact that the Crimson is life-threateningly hard to traverse, apart from ores and (maybe) farming a bit, no other reason to have this around. Cleanse it!

That's the Crimson, down to a pixel. A gore-themed land that functions very similar to Corruption, at least it's got a WAYYYY harder boss to date. Well, you'll get either Corruption or Crimson. But after WoF, you get the net biome.

3.The Hallow. PLAYERS WHO HAVEN'T BEATEN WALL OF LFLESH, SKIP THIS AND ALLOW HALLOW RELATED CONTENT.
BiomeBannerHallow.png

Looks like a fairytale, have pastel-colored enemies, multi-colored trees, purple water, awesome background music, AND A UNICORN. OMG, what could be wrong about this region? Find out...

For New Hardmode Players: This can be susceptible to misjudgment over it's cosmetic features, however, the enemies are more than enough to take you down, especially, the unicorn, sadly. A safe haven if needed.

Experienced Hardmode Players: Well boys, if you're too stinking lazy to take care of the corruption, OR you have really solid gear, the Hallow basically replaces the Forest. (In my Add to dictionary, my forest was literally wiped away.). Well, it's just a safe, awesome haven. With Unicorns.

NOTE: It spreads just as fast as the corruption/crimson, is in EVERY world, and has some tough enemies, however, I love it!

Second Off(and hopefully last) How YOU, the player, can stop them! And save these cute NPC emoticons! ;):dryadwink::merchantcry::nursewink:~;)`;):pinky:

Step 1: Cleantanimator. If you get the Steampunk, and have a :red:load of money to spare, then USE THIS. With the correct ammo, it can easily replace your entire world with Forest (get dem platinum coins ready for that though!). Even if only a few blasts, it still clears out MASSIVE parts.

Step 2: Place a six-block gap between the biome(s) and the other biome you want to protect. Four if not hardmode. It works, honest! It also must be filled with some non-corruptible material (Wood, Clay, etc)!

Step 3: Place a sunflower next to the biome pre-hardmode and it won't spread, no really, this :red:ing works man. On all platforms too. Unfrotunately, after after Hardmode, it stops working.

Last edited:
Thanks Terra Nova for actual constructive criticism.
[doublepost=1477127677,1477127641][/doublepost]Also, smh, I know where your sit comes from. Another Machinima fan....

>Living Tree
That doesn't usually work for me.

>3 block gap
Bigger' Better.

>Non-Corruptible Blocks
That's actually a good point,

My house is on a floating island, doesn't really matter to me.
Edit:I personally prefer corruption other than crimson(unless I really need some stuff from that biome, other than that, no crimson please.), due to the fact that:corruption is the first/second 'evil' biome(other being the underworld.) And I've been playing terraria ever since 1.0,so memories.... Yea. Also, I think EOW is technically harder than BOC, despite BOC is a bit trickier than EOW, however, since they both drops a tons of heart, they are still pretty easy, but, since the hearts that EOW drops is a bit harder to get to, EOW does kills you a bit easier, especially when it's late fight, you will be forced to Dodge muitlple enemies at the same time, while BOC is easier to be dealt with in late-fight.

Last edited:
This thread is old, but hopefully I’ll get some needed advise.

The three block rule (or maybe 5 for safety?) does that include vertical? Or should vertical gaps be bigger?

Also, how does one cleans the world of corruption/crimson pre-Hardmode? Destroy all the (cores?) or do I need to use that powder/holy grenades like they’re going out of style?

Thanks for any help I may receive. :sigh:

Back
Top Bottom