Weapons & Equip Gun Accessory - Bayonet

Flashstriker

Plantera
Right, so this is the start of my idea spree. the bayonet is a accessory that gives guns melee damage. i think we've all had the time when and enemy gets past our guns, and there's nothing we can do. so i think that this would be perfect. it would do half (?) of the guns damage, not including bullet damage. that's about it for this suggestion, what do you guys think?

How exactly would you use the melee attack? Plus, why not just use a melee weapon instead of wasting a precious accessory slot just so you can use a melee? How do you obtain this item? Not only that, but if an enemy gets close to you, you can still shoot them! It's not like you can't use guns at close range. Instead of going on an "idea spree", make one good suggestion, instead of a bunch of rushed and bad suggestions.

It is kind of illogical to have the damage of the bayonet be half of the gun damage. Look at the chain gun for example, it is a large and likely heavy gun. Adding a spike onto that should cause massive damage. Also look at the sniper rifle, it would deal over 60 damage with the bayonet.

I propose it go off of the base DPS of the weapon or having it be a flat damage.

How exactly would you use the melee attack? Plus, why not just use a melee weapon instead of wasting a precious accessory slot just so you can use a melee? How do you obtain this item? Not only that, but if an enemy gets close to you, you can still shoot them! It's not like you can't use guns at close range. Instead of going on an "idea spree", make one good suggestion, instead of a bunch of rushed and bad suggestions.

Alright, so you have a point, but my few suggestions haven't been on accessories so i didn't know what to do. also, i think you may have been a bit harsh. anyway, any ranged enemies can drop this item (12.5%?) the melee damage would happen when an enemy runs into your held gun, and have no knockback (as that would make rangers next to invincible) Happy now?

Alright, so you have a point, but my few suggestions haven't been on accessories so i didn't know what to do. also, i think you may have been a bit harsh. anyway, any ranged enemies can drop this item (12.5%?) the melee damage would happen when an enemy runs into your held gun, and have no knockback (as that would make rangers next to invincible) Happy now?
This is much better. It's a lot less vague, and is actually kind of useful.

Back
Top Bottom