Items Guns that shoot high velocity bullets shouldn't replace the shot bullet

Daiyousei.

Terrarian
There are guns out there that says "shoots a high velocity bullet" yeah, sure, but here's a problem. They convert regular bullets to high velocity bullets(the same ones you can craft). I think rather than replacing bullets, it should instead shoot the bullets at a high velocity like how some bows shoot arrows at different velocities.

In case you're confused, basically those guns should boost the velocity of shot bullets and not convert regular ones into high velocity bullets. This could make those guns work better with the bullets it wouldn't normally replace such as Ichor and chlorophyte bullets.

This change would actually make the weapons you're mentioning worse. As of 1.4.1, High Velocity Bullets pierce two enemies, which the Uzi/Venus Magnum/Sniper Rifle get for free. Plus, those guns have higer bullet velocity than average alread, regardless of the bullet. I don't think slightly faster bullets is worth losing crowd control for.
Besides, it's not like the extra bullet speed was ever useful in PvE. I guess they could buff the default velocity of these guns though.

This change would actually make the weapons you're mentioning worse. As of 1.4.1, High Velocity Bullets pierce two enemies, which the Uzi/Venus Magnum/Sniper Rifle get for free. Plus, those guns have higer bullet velocity than average alread, regardless of the bullet. I don't think slightly faster bullets is worth losing crowd control for.
Besides, it's not like the extra bullet speed was ever useful in PvE. I guess they could buff the default velocity of these guns though.
Umm, that's what I'm trying to say, buff the default velocity provided by the guns

Umm, that's what I'm trying to say, buff the default velocity provided by the guns
That's fair. I think I got tripped up with this part here
In case you're confused, basically those guns should boost the velocity of shot bullets and not convert regular ones into high velocity bullets.
I got the implication you wanted to remove the High Velocity bullet effect on regular musket balls, rather than a simple speed increase.

How much of a velocity increase are we talking? I’m pretty sure the sniper rifle already has the highest velocity out of all the guns and the uzi/magnum aren’t too shabby.

Back
Top Bottom