PS4 Hack or Exploit?

Sockmonkey367

Official Terrarian
Story is that i was playing some terraria and someone dropped TONS of stuff. it was ML and expert and expert ML. though, some of the wepons were strange. there was a solar eruption that fired multiple at a time, and 2 beaters that also shot stardust dragon heads and meowmere cats. i asked him/her how he/she did that. he/she then said it was an exploit, and i also asked if it was hacking. he/she claimed it was not. now i wouldn't consider this worthy of the consle support thread, so im putting it here. if i need to move it to x i can copy paste it to there

Story is that i was playing some terraria and someone dropped TONS of stuff. it was ML and expert and expert ML. though, some of the wepons were strange. there was a solar eruption that fired multiple at a time, and 2 beaters that also shot stardust dragon heads and meowmere cats. i asked him/her how he/she did that. he/she then said it was an exploit, and i also asked if it was hacking. he/she claimed it was not. now i wouldn't consider this worthy of the consle support thread, so im putting it here. if i need to move it to x i can copy paste it to there
Sounds like a hack to me. I've never heard of such an exploit. Btw, you can simply report a thread and ask for it to be moved and one of us staff will gladly do so. :)

It is an exploit with the Vortex Beater, not a hack. If you bind a weapon to the D-pad and switch to that weapon with the D-pad while the Vortex is still firing(the trigger is held down), then the weapon you switch to will continue to fire at the same speed of the Vortex Beater. Be sure to keep holding the trigger down and if you let go, you must switch back to the Vortex Beater and perform the glitch again.

This has several different effects depending on the weapon. Yo-yos fire a new, individual yo-yo each time the gun itself fires. Meowmere shoots cats repeatedly, and the Stardust Dragon Staff fires a new dragon head each time the weapon itself fires.

It's a really fun exploit, so be sure to experiment with it while you can! You may even discover new things while using it.

so op. put stardust drag in first slot and do the glitch with u switching to anything, and CHAOS!!! i spawned so many once that it took up the entity firing limit. also it's not the one you switch to, enless it's a bow.

Yeah, there's so many uses with this weapon.
Use it with a dirt rod for infinite dirt!
Use it with a Terrarian to get a bombardment of yo-yos.
Use it with sentries to make infinite sentries.
Using it with ranged weapons with the correct ammo will have weird results, depending upon the ammo. I'd have to look more into depth with this, as different ammo types when using other ranged weapons have special effects. If you do this with the Clentaminator and Crimson(or Corruption? I can't quite remember) solution then it would repeatedly shoot other Shadow Orbs. Crazy, right? Just don't use Luminite Arrows in the meanwhile, it causes the current session to softlock!
Using this with pets will spawn multiple copies of that pet. Hoard of TEOC!

I could list more, but I'd think it be more fun for you to experiment on your own. Have fun! :)

No. However, if you are using a weapon that does consume ammo, it will use the ammo that said weapon uses. If you have no ammo for the weapon, it acts strange and shoots normal, stationary bullets that do nothing for about 3 seconds. The same thing happens with things that aren't weapons or usuable items, so be careful about that.

so THATS why all my influx's projectiles stayed still with the ice mirror. it's not THAT bad with stardust, because it's a minion

Educate the slow guy in the group. How do you bind a weapon to the D-pad? I have the life regen and the potion buff bound but cannot figure out how to do the weapon. Does it go in the auto select spot?

Educate the slow guy in the group. How do you bind a weapon to the D-pad? I have the life regen and the potion buff bound but cannot figure out how to do the weapon. Does it go in the auto select spot?
Assuming you have turned on "D-pad Hotbar" under Controls->Quick Navigation:
  • Open the Inventory screen (Y/Triangle).
  • Hilight the item you wish to bind, then press desired direction on the D-pad.
The item is now bound.

NOTE: You will have to do this everytime you load a new map.

Back
Top Bottom