NPCs & Enemies Hairdresser for old worlds FINALLY plz!

Lakmoots

Terrarian
One of the things about Terraria is that it has many players using old worlds from older versions of the game. People have been playing in these worlds for *years*...

Sadly, the Hairdresser NPC is the only NPC that is not available to older worlds, because the Spider Mini-Biome does not exist.

I think it is time that this issue is fixed, it would be an immensely gratifying step.

There are too many times that an update to Terraria invalidates old worlds, this would be a step in the right direction.

Suggestion: A ''Bound NPC" statue that is one-use but teleports any bound NPC (stylist, tinker, wizard, mechanic) to the characters world where they are not present. Such an item would be rare, but as a one use item would not be game breaking. This would not allow a hardmode NPC to a world not qualified to have it, of course.

It’s not the devs fault that people want to use old worlds, they shouldn’t need to fix anything.

If people wanna fix this themselves, spawn in stylist. (Stylist, not hairdresser.)

It’s not the devs fault that people want to use old worlds, they shouldn’t need to fix anything.

If people wanna fix this themselves, spawn in stylist. (Stylist, not hairdresser.)
I don't think it's fair for the player if their world they probably have arduously worked on to be invalidated by something they could not control. This suggestion is taking a step in the right direction; it would allow for the older worlds to have some of the luxuries of newer worlds without being invasive to normal play. Of course, some things like the Jungle Temple would be a stretch to implement one way or another in older worlds, but simple things such as an NPC should be able to work their way into our older, cherished builds.

Alternatively, they could make an item that spawns some spider biomes. They have the groundwork to do it (Hallow spawning after killing WoF, HM ores for smashing Demon Alters). Perhaps a rare drop in the dungeon?

Alternatively, they could make an item that spawns some spider biomes. They have the groundwork to do it (Hallow spawning after killing WoF, HM ores for smashing Demon Alters). Perhaps a rare drop in the dungeon?
They could also make the walls harvestable and placed in another world, in the case that an item like the one you proposed does not work. This would make it similar to how you can transfer items such as the Golem Altar to an older world that does not have it.

Hence:
If you want the npc, hack/cheat/summon it.
Again, it’s not really the devs problem if ur playing on a world that’s over five years old.
It does become their problem if it invalidates a world we have worked hard on. Telling someone to resort to using external software or modding is not a good compromise. They could easily add something like harvestation of Spider Walls so we can easily recreate missing walls in our old worlds that we cherish without the need of something external. If I want the Stylist for a build in one of my old worlds, then I should be able to procure her in some fashion without the requirement of such, do I not?

Hence:
If you want the npc, hack/cheat/summon it.
Again, it’s not really the devs problem if ur playing on a world that’s over five years old.

I don't think supporting Terraria for so long should be considered a bad thing...

Many people thoroughly dislike the idea that every patch makes your world invalid, people love to bring new elements to older worlds, this would simply allow that.

In other sandbox-style games like Minecraft, this problem can easily be avoided because the world can generate new chunks. As that is not the case in Terraria, I think having an item that either:
A) Spawns the NPC
or
B) Creates the mini-biome
Would be a suitable compromise. As people have stated in the forum post, it's not the job of the devs to continue supporting older versions in this sense, but I lean more towards the nostalgic crowd who love to see worlds built up over the span of years, and not having that option available due to limited worldgen kinda sucks. It doesn't affect new worlds, and is just a neat little QoL addition. `:D

One of the things about Terraria is that it has many players using old worlds from older versions of the game. People have been playing in these worlds for *years*...

Sadly, the Hairdresser NPC is the only NPC that is not available to older worlds, because the Spider Mini-Biome does not exist.

I think it is time that this issue is fixed, it would be an immensely gratifying step.

There are too many times that an update to Terraria invalidates old worlds, this would be a step in the right direction.

Suggestion: A ''Bound NPC" statue that is one-use but teleports any bound NPC (stylist, tinker, wizard, mechanic) to the characters world where they are not present. Such an item would be rare, but as a one use item would not be game breaking. This would not allow a hardmode NPC to a world not qualified to have it, of course.
Does it really matter...? Literally all of her services affect the player, which applies to all worlds anyway...

Back
Top Bottom