Xbox One Half of world gone

I loaded up my world this morning to discover that I was falling. It said on the bottom left "impending doom approaching" and I allowed myself to fall to the bottom and i figured nothing was loaded in so I exited and re loaded. Same result. I looked on the map to find that a bit over half my world was just. Gone. I flew around, finding that it was impossible to open any chests now, and that all my npc's had despawned, even the ones that had not been on the side that was gone. I had not closed the game fighting the moon lord so I'm not sure why it said impending doom approaching, and neither of the two towers that had been there last night were there. It was a legacy world, almost 3 years old

Attachments

• 20180909_185756(0).jpg
    20180909_185756(0).jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 185
  • 20180909_185817.jpg
    20180909_185817.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 177
  • 20180909_185921.jpg
    20180909_185921.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 194
I loaded up my world this morning to discover that I was falling. It said on the bottom left "impending doom approaching" and I allowed myself to fall to the bottom and i figured nothing was loaded in so I exited and re loaded. Same result. I looked on the map to find that a bit over half my world was just. Gone. I flew around, finding that it was impossible to open any chests now, and that all my npc's had despawned, even the ones that had not been on the side that was gone. I had not closed the game fighting the moon lord so I'm not sure why it said impending doom approaching, and neither of the two towers that had been there last night were there. It was a legacy world, almost 3 years old
Hi @EclipseWildeCat, that looks like a corrupted world file to me, I’m sorry to say. One of the most common causes of corrupted world files is interrupting the save process. I don’t know if that’s the case here or not.

I know that Microsoft has made backing up character and world files to external devices (like a usb drive) impossible on the Xbox One, which is a shame because normally you could just restore the world from a backup.

I’m not sure that there’s anything to that can be done to get your world back. If it was a Xbox 360 world, you could transfer it over to the X1 again.

Hi @EclipseWildeCat, that looks like a corrupted world file to me, I’m sorry to say. One of the most common causes of corrupted world files is interrupting the save process. I don’t know if that’s the case here or not.

I know that Microsoft has made backing up character and world files to external devices (like a usb drive) impossible on the Xbox One, which is a shame because normally you could just restore the world from a backup.

I’m not sure that there’s anything to that can be done to get your world back. If it was a Xbox 360 world, you could transfer it over to the X1 again.

It was a 360 world, but after uploading the original world on 360 it will not download the world on xbox one now. I know I uploaded it, but nothing happens when I try to download one from the cloud. It says downloading but the world doesn't appear

Last edited:
It was a 360 world, but after uploading the original world on 360 it will not download the world on xbox one now. I know I uploaded it, but nothing happens when I try to download one from the cloud. It says downloading but the world doesn't appear
Sorry to hear that @EclipseWildeCat. I have seen other reports from X1 users say they are experiencing something similar. A workaround for the PS4 is to re-upload the PS3 file again, then try downloading onto PS4, but that doesn't seem to make a difference for the 360>X1.

If you have a moment, I would suggest sending in your information for all of this to 505 Games and Pipeworks. I know that Pipeworks is working on a patch that may fix a lot of issues, but I'm not sure if this one will be included or not. Here is the form: https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form15/index.html

To put in my 2 cents, it might be because it's a legacy world. they were never made in 1.3, so there might have been an error somewhere.

Or Arcues just hates you, i dunno.

I havent had the issue with data corruption but i have had the same issue with importing legacy worlds, is it crimson or corruption? I gave up and have yet to test it since the new patch but i seemed to have no problem importing corruption worlds, but crimson worlds would not appear on my list after the "download"
Ive reported it too so hopefully it is resolved soonish.
[doublepost=1539350127,1539349618][/doublepost]
Hi @EclipseWildeCat
I know that Microsoft has made backing up character and world files to external devices (like a usb drive) impossible on the Xbox One, which is a shame because normally you could just restore the world from a backup
I did notice that my local save files seemed odd, but are they stored on pipeworks servers as well? I had to format my xbox after my game stopped working and reinstalling it failed, and i was fuming because of the hundreds of hours i had put into a couple of worlds. I was pleasantly surprised when i loaded the game everything was still there bar one world, the last one i had played in, reverting to an earlier save.

I havent had the issue with data corruption but i have had the same issue with importing legacy worlds, is it crimson or corruption? I gave up and have yet to test it since the new patch but i seemed to have no problem importing corruption worlds, but crimson worlds would not appear on my list after the "download"
Ive reported it too so hopefully it is resolved soonish.
[doublepost=1539350127,1539349618][/doublepost]
I did notice that my local save files seemed odd, but are they stored on pipeworks servers as well? I had to format my xbox after my game stopped working and reinstalling it failed, and i was fuming because of the hundreds of hours i had put into a couple of worlds. I was pleasantly surprised when i loaded the game everything was still there bar one world, the last one i had played in, reverting to an earlier save.
Thanks for sharing your info here @LT Jackson. Interesting that your Corruption worlds come over, but not Crimson worlds.

Pipeworks does not store your files on any servers, no.

Thanks for sharing your info here @LT Jackson.
Pipeworks does not store your files on any servers, no.
It was a full format that I preformed on the system so everything on local storage was wiped, and it was "synching with Terraria" when I first reloaded the game afterwards so i figured it was something like that.

It was a full format that I preformed on the system so everything on local storage was wiped, and it was "synching with Terraria" when I first reloaded the game afterwards so i figured it was something like that.
As long as your Xbox One is connected to Xbox Live, it will sync your saves to the cloud. If you have to perform a full factory reset or simply sign in on another Xbox, your saves will be restored when you play a game.

Btw was it 3 days ago that your Xbox stopped working? Microsoft released a new system update then. I had to reset my console as well due to some things not working properly.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom