Xbox One Hallow is suddenly very laggy

Cubic.

The Destroyer
This may be our console because it needs to update and our wifi doesn't do updates, but the Hallow suddenly began to lag just today. Our console is not connected to the Internet. Both me and my little brother have experienced it. I was chilling in the Underground Hallow in my new playthrough, mining, killing for souls, that kind of stuff, and I was fighting a Chaos Elemental (using a Fiery Greatsword because the transition into Hardmode is what always gets me but I'm doing good so far) and, out of nowhere, LAAAAAAG. The HUD continuously dissapeared and reappeared, the game repeatedly froze and unfroze, that kind of stuff. It doesn't lag in my surface forest spawn, but it does lag in my little brother's surface hallow spawn, so I'm pretty sure it's either our console or the Hallow.

This may be our console because it needs to update and our wifi doesn't do updates, but the Hallow suddenly began to lag just today. Our console is not connected to the Internet. Both me and my little brother have experienced it. I was chilling in the Underground Hallow in my new playthrough, mining, killing for souls, that kind of stuff, and I was fighting a Chaos Elemental (using a Fiery Greatsword because the transition into Hardmode is what always gets me but I'm doing good so far) and, out of nowhere, LAAAAAAG. The HUD continuously dissapeared and reappeared, the game repeatedly froze and unfroze, that kind of stuff. It doesn't lag in my surface forest spawn, but it does lag in my little brother's surface hallow spawn, so I'm pretty sure it's either our console or the Hallow.
What version of the game are you on? If your console doesn’t update then your console itself may need to be updated, and if you haven’t updated the game then there may have been recent updates that have altered any performance issues you may experience.

What version of the game are you on? If your console doesn’t update then your console itself may need to be updated, and if you haven’t updated the game then there may have been recent updates that have altered any performance issues you may experience.
I specified that the console itself needs to be updated, not the game.

I already did so, shortly after making this thread. My little brother says it's not as laggy anymore but I haven't played since I made the original post so I can't confirm.

This is happening to me too. It seems to be mostly triggered by sandstorms and sand elementals, but it happens seemingly randomly too. Usually the game comes back after freezing for a few seconds but a few times now it’s completely crashed. I lost incredible loot I was grinding for each time. Insanely frustrating. We need a fix for this.

Back
Top Bottom