Console Hallowed and Corrupt achievements/trophies

Armand

Steampunker
For console players who are attempting this trophy, I'd like ya'll to use this thread for information.
There is very little information on these forums for these trophies, so anybody who has these achievements please tell me what you know!
I have gotten the corrupt trophy, and i am also willing to share what i know. Please don't spam this thread. I think we all know what a clentaminator is, right?

*assumes old man voice*

Back in my day, we did dat der Hellorwed and Cerrupt achievmnts with our own two durn hands! And we did it in our bare feet, uphill in the snow, both ways!

More seriously though, I did both of these achievements before Clentaminator was out, and the real secret isn't about creating more biome, but removing neutral biome. For instance, mining out tens of thousands of blocks of ash, or in the case of the Hallowed, tens of thousands of blocks of Jungle mud. There is simply too much dirt, mud and ash in the world to easily get to 50% hallow OR corrupt, and the secret is removing those neutral blocks.

In the case of dirt, you can do one better. When tackling massive levels of surface dirt, you can carve it out like this:

Dirt row
Air row
Air row
Air row
Dirt Row
Air row
Air row
Air row
Dirt Row

You then let corrupt/hallow grass grow on the dirt rows. For every thousand blocks of dirt, this removes 750 blocks from the equation, and adds 250 blocks to your "biome" type for the sake of the achievement. It is a net gain over an otherwise neutral mass of blocks. That is how I got both of mine . . . without the Clentaminator.

Awesome. Thank you Leinfors, I really appreciate this advice. So removing a ton of neutral blocks on the map can help. (Rockets were also introduced along with the clentaminator in the 1.2 update, which also makes demolition for this trophy easier) Some of my favorite things to demolish are :
The Jungle
The Dungeon
The Underworld
Floating Islands
Lizhard Temple.
Do we know if lava or water or spiderwebs count as blocks towards the percentage?

I don't believe water or lava do. I wouldn't be so sure about spiderwebs though. That said, there aren't that many spiderwebs in the game. There is more than enough mud, dirt, and ash to remove from a world to get to 50% corrupt/hallow on the stone and grass.

Word. So for those reading this thread, actually converting all the stone in the world is really only the first step of the trophy. I found that once all stone is converted, the dryad would give a status of only about 35%. Meaning the next 15% has to be achieved through demolition of neutral blocks. This is where grinding for this trophy really begins. Leinfors, did you also have to add any converted blocks to your world? For my corrupt trophy i threw about two chestfuls of ebonsand in my underworld, but truthfully i maybe could have done a better job demolishing my neutral blocks

I have another question. About the trees, they are convertible like stone and grass, would these also count towards the percentage? I do not think a converted tree farm would actually make a huge impact but now that i'm grinding my last five percent, well.. I'm open to anything

Well actually, if they DO count, and i planted 1000 trees, and they grew to max height then im looking at about 16000 newly converted blocks,which actually doesn't sound that bad. IF they count.

I'm not a console player, but that would be interesting to know.
Also, try to plant grass with seeds or Staff of Regrowth and corrupt it.

Don't forget to corrupt world borders, as it won't spray without the clentaminator.

I don't know if trees count. You COULD add corrupt/hallow blocks from another world, but I suspect tearing out thousands of dirt and ash is more efficient.

I suppose somebody could test it in a new, small world with a dryad. Say if a skybridge of hallowed dirt were built. Then plant a massive amount of trees (at least 2500), and wait till they reach they're max growth height. I would double check with the dryad before the trees are planted and after they reach full height, then look for a change in percentage. If there is a difference, then we'd know for sure. To keep the test controlled, there has to be absolutely no mining and we'd have to make sure the dryad statuses are fully updated. I will test this some other time.

I don't know if trees count. You COULD add corrupt/hallow blocks from another world, but I suspect tearing out thousands of dirt and ash is more efficient.
To those reading, Leinfors is absolutely right. Mathematically, adding converted blocks to the world would increase the number of blocks, however it would also increase the grand total of blocks in the world. In effect, each percentage gets more and more harder to gain as the total number of blocks in the world increases. Also, since there is no item to increase tile placement speed in the console version, an endgame pickaxe can easily remove blocks from the world much faster than a player can add blocks to the world. My intuition also tells me that time is definitely better spent demolishing.

I will say this; when I did my Corrupt achievement, getting from about 30% to 40% was MUCH harder than going from 40% to 50%, which gradually got faster and faster as I approached 50%.

This makes sense, as the total number of blocks decreases, it makes it easier to have an impact on it. For instance, removing 1000 blocks from a 10000 block world is only 1% difference, but by the time that world Is down to 5000 blocks, its a 2% difference. It will continue to speed up until you hit the goal. So keep that in mind when you are in the mid-40%s.

With the adding of converted blocks, progression is easy at first but then grinds to a halt when you hit around 40%. With demolition of neutral blocks its slow going at first, but progress picks up after the initial 30-40 grind (also there is alot of loot to be gained using this method). Balancing both tasks would probably result in steady progress

Last edited:
After doing the entire Corruption, then moving onto the Hallow, I really did find the most efficient thing to do for the time invested was the "rows of dirt with grass growing on them" method, carving out surface dirt and ensuring that they become covered with biome grass. You can even add additional rows with the dirt you gather, if you want to "add beneficial blocks", since for every 1000 grass you leave, you end up with 3000 blocks of dirt.

I just made a small world and used my op character with thousands of corrupt Solution and sprayed the whole place. I dug hell holes everywhere to get it more corrupt, and that's it. I obviously made houses to get the dryad to see my status.

I remember when I first saw these achievements on the xbox version, back in 1.1. I immediately said to myself, "Nope, there is no way I'm going to do those!"

I remember when I first saw these achievements on the xbox version, back in 1.1. I immediately said to myself, "Nope, there is no way I'm going to do those!"
Dude, I don't think I would've done it in 1.1. A world without Clentaminators and rocket iv's seems dark and frightening. But there is an easier way to get this trophy as of 1.2. And that is to join another's world that meets the requirements for the achievement/trophy. I know for a fact that this is possible, at least from my PS Vita console, If the other player spends at least 24 minutes (or one game day) within the world. The first person I shared these trophies with was my kid brother. He was a big help with this trophy. I dedicate this thread to him and his many grotesque rocket deaths.

Last edited:
Just completed these trophies today, finally. Destroyed every single block in a small world/expert mode and then made a sky bridge of the required blocks. I didn't see a direct confirmation but I can confirm lava and water space do not count.

I will keep the map in case anyone needs the achievements. Guess if I'm bored I could always start removing the walls...:eek:

Okay, so all this seems confusing so I'm just removing every block in my small world. But how does it work exactly? Do Wals count as non crimson blocks? And how many blocks need to be built to count as crimson world 100%

Back
Top Bottom