Linux Hallowed Crimson

David P

Terrarian
Firstly apologies if this in the wrong section - please feel free to move to the correct thread.

I've just loaded up an old world (created back in 2014 and not been touched since today) into Terraria 1.3.0.8 (Steam edition) and come across something really strange. I found a huge area of Hallow as overwritten a mass of Crimson (without my intervention). I know smashing altars spawns a sole block of both, but as I understood it, Hallow and Crimson/Corruption can't overwrite each other - and that BoC and EoW can only spawn in their respective biomes, regardless of the method used.

Screenshot from 2016-01-19 14:16:32.png

First image (should be in here), shows me arranging for Brain of Cthulhu to arrive the natural way in Hallow style Crimson.
Second attached image shows a pixie in the 'Hallowed Crimson'.

On another note, I also noticed (again, on an older map) that bodies of water were appearing much further down than they should - ie on border with the Underworld. I've not set about with any map editors or anything like that - just loaded up worlds created in older versions of Terraria and stumbled across these things of note. Could this be a possible side effect of using really old maps in newer builds?

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2016-01-19 14:14:55.png
    Screenshot from 2016-01-19 14:14:55.png
    401.7 KB · Views: 181
The Hallow can overwrite the Crimson/Corruption in only one situation; when the Hallow generates in the first place. After that, it cannot overwrite them. Also, smashing hearts/orbs will always summon the Brain/Eater as far as I know.

Also, smashing hearts/orbs will always summon the Brain/Eater as far as I know.
With one small caveat -- the EoW will only appear in Corruption and will flee if summoned in other areas. If the Hallow overwrites the Corruption, the EoW flees immediately after being summoned by smashing Shadow Orbs.

Something like that happened to me in my mobile terraria world and a bit in Pc. In pc, corruption and hallow collided and stopped spreading , but in my mobile, since the worlds are so small, my whole underground corruption became hallowed

I've had this happen before. I think it's normal for the Hallow to overwrite the Crimson, and I don't think it's because the world is old. But really, it seems counter intuitive that the hallow could do that. :)

An update based on some experience in 1.3: I've observed Hallowed grass naturally taking over Corrupt grass. I've never seen this before. It was in Expert Mode, but not sure if that's relevant.
I haven't seen it take over Crimson grass, nor have I seen it take over sand, rock or ice.

Back
Top Bottom