Blocks & Decoration Hallowed furniture set

a light switch

Terrarian
Well, if crimson has the flesh furniture set, and corruption is very likely to get it's own furniture set in a later update (1.3.6 or 1.4) I figured why not give the hallow a furniture set?

Crafting will be as basic as possible. Pearlstone blocks can be transformed into Shiny Pearls from the Rainbow Purifier, a crafting station from the Steampunker. They work like basic furniture stuff and have basic functions.

The looks should be coloured pink and blue,and here's what I think for all the furniture.
Workbench - Bright blue.
Table - Bright blue with a hint of purple.
Chair - Pink.
Door - Dark blue with purple stained glass.
Walls - Each wall tile with have 2 corners blue, 2 corners pink in a checkerboard pattern.
Sofa - Pink cushions with blue couch.
I don't know for the clock and bed, maybe people could leave suggestions for them items.

Well, if crimson has the flesh furniture set, and corruption is very likely to get it's own furniture set in a later update (1.3.6 or 1.4) I figured why not give the hallow a furniture set?
You're right! Every evil has a furniture set from its underground. If only there was a set based around the hallow. Something to capture its main theme. Crystals? Yes! A crystal furniture set! Jokes aside, paint exists, so I'd encourage focusing more on shape. Unique sizes or distinctive curves can take a set to the next level.

Your idea honestly doesn't sound like it differentiates all that much from the already existing crystal furniture set, but I appreciate the angle you're going for. Crystals are a different kind of resource, especially where they're grown and collected. If we were to regard the crystal furniture as a special 'luxury' furniture set (think gold furniture from pirates, or martian furniture that can't be crafted until late in the game) then I think there could be room to complete the triad of crimstone -> flesh block -> flesh furniture, ebonstone -> corruption block -> corruption furniture, pearlstone -> shiny pearl block -> shiny pearl furniture.

Although I would consider some minor changes to the kind of block and the furniture itself, making sure to differentiate it enough from crystal furniture. I think it would be neat if the light sources could have the same kind of pink glow that's given off by the illuminant mobs in the underground hallow. The furniture itself would probably look really neat with more rainbows and pastels, similar to the backgrounds of the hallowed surface.

I do understand that crystals exist, however the crystal furniture set just feels kinda off to me, I'm not sure why.
(forgot to quote but yeah, I do like the idea of the Illuminant light, although for me it kinda fits for torches aswell.)

I am might be late for my opinion but I will say no. As you said it, sadly Crystal furniture is halloweed furniture because it is crafted from crystals found from Hallow.
+ That won't change a fact that Hallowed Crate actually look like it's made from crystals.

Crimson/Corruption have two sets of furniture, one made from wood and the other one from crafted from their perspective building material like Flesh Block (Corruption will recieve their own set of furniture in the next update.)

I would simply change recipe for Crytsal Blocks to Pearlstone Blocks and Crystal Shard so it would make better sense.

It kinda bothers me that you don't craft 5 Crimtane Bricks from 5 Cristone Blocsk and 1 Crimtane Ore, something very similiar to the Demonite Bricks to balance out uses of natural blocks you will mine.

Back
Top Bottom