Game Mechanics Hallowed Islands: The Harpy and Wyvern solution

What d'you mean? The Dryad sells Purification Powder in pre-Hardmode already, so I'm not sure what you're saying. >_>

I meant a more final solution I guess. To me, using Purification Powder is more so just trying to push against it. When The Hallows comes into existence, you finally have a way to fight back. Overtake the dark land and replace it with light as opposed to trying to push it off a bit.

That's just me though.

I meant a more final solution I guess. To me, using Purification Powder is more so just trying to push against it. When The Hallows comes into existence, you finally have a way to fight back. Overtake the dark land and replace it with light as opposed to trying to push it off a bit.

That's just me though.
To me, the only light is purity. Hallow spawns more evil organisms than it. Hallow can't spread into corruption either, so you aren't pushing it back even. It doesn't fight it, it just blocks it. Same can be said for the mushroom biome in the jungle, but people always complain about the monsters there.

I was led here by @SzGamer227 's post on the "one small thing" thread. I freakin love it. There would obviously need to be some adjustments, like others said (balloon slime please?) but the concept would make life so much easier.

As one small change, I would make te hallow unable to spread below a certain height before hardmode, so that people can't grow Crystal shards or encase their jungle with hallow before the WoF is defeated. It should be purely a sky biome until Hardmode.

I was led here by @SzGamer227 's post on the "one small thing" thread. I freakin love it. There would obviously need to be some adjustments, like others said (balloon slime please?) but the concept would make life so much easier.

As one small change, I would make te hallow unable to spread below a certain height before hardmode, so that people can't grow Crystal shards or encase their jungle with hallow before the WoF is defeated. It should be purely a sky biome until Hardmode.
Right, I completely forgot about crystal shards. Though no spread wouldn't work as you could take the pearlstone down deep. Luckily though, I think all the items made from crystals are locked away until you gain access to a hardmode anvil? But, I guess that's slightly problematic as a player can farm the crystals in an easier state of the game and gain access to crystal stuff without having to survive the underground Hallow.

I guess.. crystals just won't grow in pre-hardmode? Just as souls and key molds won't drop before hardmode.

Right, I completely forgot about crystal shards. Though no spread wouldn't work as you could take the pearlstone down deep. Luckily though, I think all the items made from crystals are locked away until you gain access to a hardmode anvil? But, I guess that's slightly problematic as a player can farm the crystals in an easier state of the game and gain access to crystal stuff without having to survive the underground Hallow.

I guess.. crystals just won't grow in pre-hardmode? Just as souls and key molds won't drop before hardmode.
Not that easy to stop things from growing. They do grow, even before hardmode, as long as you take a bit of pearlstone to a pre-HM world. That would take some pretty tricky coding.

This is a pretty good idea, it fixes a number of problems and it seems to fit in well with Terraria mythos. My only concern is that there might not be enough convertible blocks on floating islands to make a stable hallowed biome, though that could be solved by making cloud blocks convertible or having normal cloud blocks count as hallowed blocks. (Also, the crystal shard problem can easily be fixed by making sure floating islands never spawn with pearlstone)

"Let's get on a minecart on a skybridge and ride to the dungeon!"
*ten Wyverns later*
"Alright, well I'm almost halfway to the dungeon!"
The only word for this suggestion is yes.

Not that easy to stop things from growing. They do grow, even before hardmode, as long as you take a bit of pearlstone to a pre-HM world. That would take some pretty tricky coding.
The coding wouldn't be too hard, otherwise we'd see Chlorophyte spawning the first time we go to the jungle.

Perfect idea! I love it! All of my sky bases either aren't high enough, or get sieged by enemies 24/7
Pulling this from page 1
This would allow me to build spaceship fleets IN SPACE!?

Support.

My god, we need this now. Although it would take one unfortunate soul to pillar up with dirt pre-HM to hallow his whole world.
The corruption spreads in the game, but not until hardmode, when the spirits of light and dark are released. This would make perfect sense, and the hallow would exist before hand, like the corruption, and then be given power to spread.

(Also, the crystal shard problem can easily be fixed by making sure floating islands never spawn with pearlstone)
You coup still make a dirt pillar down to the ground for it to grow down. This is a sandbox game after all. Thus, it needs to not spread below sky level until hardmode.

The corruption spreads in the game, but not until hardmode, when the spirits of light and dark are released. This would make perfect sense, and the hallow would exist before hand, like the corruption, and then be given power to spread.
It does spread, just not over stone, and can't get past sunflowers.

You coup still make a dirt pillar down to the ground for it to grow down. This is a sandbox game after all. Thus, it needs to not spread below sky level until hardmode.
Actually, pre-hardmode corruption, crimson and hallow only spreads across grass, so it wouldn't make any new pearlstone. It looks like it doesn't spread at all because it will be blocked by pretty much anything that isn't dirt.

This is wrong. Literally, it would just require them to put a check of whether the world is in hardmode and only grow them if that's the case. It might take 5 extra lines of code at most.

This is wrong. Literally, it would just require them to put a check of whether the world is in hardmode and only grow them if that's the case. It might take 5 extra lines of code at most.
I agree. They were able to make chlorophyte not grow until hardmode, how is this any different?

Really though, the reason I think it shouldn't be able to spread below sky level PreHM is that there would be no mobs. Unless they want to add other PreHM hallow mobs, the only ones would be harpies, which only spawn in the sky. If you made a dirt pillar or something to get the hallow down to ground level, it would be very empty.

So now I've said this like three times, but if the hallow is added to the sky PreHM, it should stay there, and not spread at any lower level.

Back
Top Bottom