Game Mechanics Hallowed Islands: The Harpy and Wyvern solution

This needs to be in the game yesterday. It's a simple fix for quite a few problems that people generally have with Space. This gets my support.

I agree. They were able to make chlorophyte not grow until hardmode, how is this any different?

Really though, the reason I think it shouldn't be able to spread below sky level PreHM is that there would be no mobs. Unless they want to add other PreHM hallow mobs, the only ones would be harpies, which only spawn in the sky. If you made a dirt pillar or something to get the hallow down to ground level, it would be very empty.

So now I've said this like three times, but if the hallow is added to the sky PreHM, it should stay there, and not spread at any lower level.
They could just let normal non-hallow mobs spawn (if that doesn't happen already)

This gets my new approval seal. Yay.
output_jGMqXZ.gif

Terraria could just generate normal floating islands until HM and then generate additional already hallowed islands like I did in my mod ...
Or you could simply convert the normal islands to hallow when you activate HM.

[edited, was too unclear]

Terraria could just generate normal floating islands until HM and then convert them yourself (or automatically), or spawn additional already hallowed islands like I did in my mod ...
Spawning additional territory is not possible. Generating normal floating islands and relying on self-conversion is unfair to those who don't read the wiki to find out that a Hallowed biome is needed to spawn Wyverns, which drop the ingredients to a very important hardmode item.

Even if its possible, we generally prefer not to have map additions outside the player's control, since it might override something the player has already built, and we definitely don't want that to happen. Even meteorites simply convert blocks instead of creating them.
Still can be avoided, but yeah, anyway I was just giving a proposition, nothing special.
+ conversion of normal islands can be made automatic.

btw is it just me or the terraria forum really freezes every now and then tonight ?

Still can be avoided, but yeah, anyway I was just giving a proposition, nothing special.
+ conversion of normal islands can be made automatic.

btw is it just me or the terraria forum really freezes every now and then tonight ?
Yea it's freezing on mine too

Back
Top Bottom