Halocaster's Custom Controller Button Styles (PlayStation, Xbox and Nintendo Switch)

Do you like the texture pack?

• No. It looks weird/unappealing/ugly.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Halocaster

Official Terrarian
Halocaster's Custom Controller Button Styles for PlayStation, Xbox and Nintendo Switch!

index.php

Greetings, my fellow Terrarians! I am Halocaster, an experienced Terrarian.
I made a texture pack to replace Terraria's normal and old controller button hints.

This texture pack is kind of a remake of SpartanGerousia's texture pack that also replaces Terraria's controller button hints to PlayStation's controller buttons. The download link of his texture pack is expired, and he uses .xnb files to re-texture UI sprites from Terraria. He is not also active anymore (or he just abandoned his texture pack), so I made a new (and might be better) version of his texture pack (I made the texture pack from scratch so it is completely original!) because I really need it too.

Here is a link to his forum thread about his texture pack:
PC - Playstation Buttons

index.php

Information:
This texture pack replaces Terraria's old controller button hints to support most controllers. I made three versions of the texture pack: The first one is PlayStation's DualShock 4 controller (do not worry, it obviously supports all PlayStation controllers), the second one is Xbox One's Wireless Controller (like the PS version, it also supports all Xbox controller like the Elite controller), and the third one is Nintendo Switch's Pro Controller.

There are (also) two versions of the PS and Xbox controller button styles: The original and simple versions. The only difference between the original and simple versions is: The original version is colored, and the simple version's colors are only gray and white.

I will likely change the icon of the texture pack because it is ugly (I think) so expect a new minor update of the texture pack :<

Difference between the texture pack and the original vanilla texture/sprite (for the PS version):

preview-animated.gif

Here's a preview of the texture packs:
preview-v1-0-resized.png

Download Links:
Original PS4 Controller Button Style
Current Version - 1.2
Download Link

Simple PS4 Controller Button Style
Current Version - 1.2
Download Link

Original Xbox One Wireless Controller Button Style
Current Version - 1.0
Download Link

Simple Xbox One Wireless Controller Button Style
Current Version - 1.0
Download Link

Nintendo Switch Pro Controller Button Style
Current Version - 1.0
Download Link

Installation Guide:
After downloading the texture pack, place it on:​
  • Windows: %USERPROFILE%\Documents\My Games\Terraria\Resource Packs
  • Mac: ~/Library/Application support/Terraria/Resource Packs
  • Linux: ~/.local/share/Terraria/Resource Packs

It should now appear in the Texture Pack menu in the game!

index.php

Please "watch" this thread to receive news and announcements about the texture pack.

Changelog:
1.2 - Now supports the Journey' End (1.4) update of Terraria!
1.1 - Tweaked/changed some of the controller buttons
1.0 - Initial release
1.0 - Initial release (supports the 1.4 update of Terraria)
1.0 - Initial release (supports the 1.4 update of Terraria)

List of controllers that will be supported soon:
- Xbox Elite Controller
- to suggest controllers that you would like to be supported, please comment here in this forum thread so I'll be informed immediately.

After I make all of the different versions of this texture pack, I will work on my second project (which is also a texture pack for Terraria) which will replace the whole User Interface of Terraria :>.

I am really sorry if you see grammatical errors/mistakes in this forum thread :> I am from the Philippines so... oof

Additional Reminder
The 1.4 update (or the later minor updates of 1.4) might add custom controller button styles like the ones from the Controller Support Update in the mobile version of Terraria. If that happens (that's a big "if"), I will stop working on this texture pack.​

Last edited:
Version 1.1 released for both original and simple PS4 controller button styles!
- tweaked/changed some of the button designs

The Xbox Elite Controller button style is currently being made so watch out!

Turns out that making the Xbox Elite Controller button style is hard (because of the weird D-Pad I guess) so I will make the Xbox One Wireless Controller button style first.

Sorry for the delay guys :< Will release the Xbox One Wireless Controller this week :>

im playing terraria 1.4 right now so obviously i stopped working on the texture pack for a moment sowwy

Hey guys! All of you might know already that the 1.4 update of Terraria "officially" introduced Texture Packs! Because it is now fully implemented, we do not need to use .xnb files anymore to replace the controller button hints! I will release the updated (1.2) versions of the original and simple PS4's DualShock controller button styles, as well as the Xbox One Wireless Controller button style so you can use it in the Journey's End update of Terraria!

Last edited:
The Xbox One Wireless Controller button style texture pack is now released! Read the updated thread for the download link of the original and simple version of the texture pack. You can also see how to install the texture pack there.

The 1.2 versions of the original and simple versions of the PS4's DualShock 4 Controller button style texture packs is also released! You can now use it for the 1.4 update of Terraria! Go ahead and read the updated thread for more information, details, download link and installation guide.

Thanks for downloading the texture pack! It has 160 total downloads (PS and Xbox) and that makes me happy :>

I will start working on the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller button style in the next few minutes after posting this comment. Yeepee!

I will likely update the PlayStation controller button style too (I might change the D-Pad), so expect a new minor update! I might update the Xbox controller button style too.

The Nintendo Switch Pro Controller button style will be released this week soon (because I have so many things to do right now). The minor updates of the PS and Xbox controller button styles will be released this week too soon too!

I will also try to make a new icon for the texture packs because the current icons are kind of ugly.

I might update the whole forum thread this day :>

Edit: The whole forum thread is now updated :>

Last edited:
The Nintendo Switch Pro Controller button style texture pack is now released! Read the updated thread for the download link of the texture pack.

I might start making my mod which will tweak and overhaul most of the game's content while adding new and unique content!
I might also start creating my second texture pack!

Have a nice day!

Back
Top Bottom