PC HALP! I can't kill the stupid Destroyer and I have tried almost everything I could think of.

I can't kill the Destroyer for some reason. I need some advise. Yes, I tried standing still and attacking it with the Dao of Pow. No, I am not sucky at dodging as I have fought the Twins (not successfully) and did a decent job. Yes, I got Adamantite Armor, Phasesaber, Star Veil and Leafy Wings. No, being high in the air didn't help as it flew to FREGGIN SPACE!!! I don't know what I am doing wrong. Please help by giving advise. BTW If it helps, I run a balanced character.

Have 3 layers of platforms 15 blocks above/below each other, around 90 wide.

I would advise fighting the Pirates to get a cutlass, it's speed and size can be very helpful and it is not too difficult to get.

Get damage and defense increasing buffs/accessories, and with money from pirate invasion(s) reforge your accessories to armored/warding and your shiny new cutlass to anything good.:)

Set up a campfire and heart lantern, and if possible a heart statue or two.

BE VERY WARY OF PROBES AND KEEP MOVING! If you take out probes anytime you aren't hitting the worm, they will have a harder time overwhelming you.

Moving horizontally will cause most lasers to miss you- move whenever you are not attacking the worm.

If you are careful, you can win.

image.jpg

P.S. Are you in a crimson world?

Then I would suggest farming to get a golden shower spell, it's arc can be very helpful for anyone

I hope that you found my suggestion to be helpful :happy:

Judging from my name, you can probably guess that I have experience in this area.

Spears are a good idea, since they can attack in any direction, as well as hit multiple times. Use the 3-platform method given above, as well as using some heart lanterns and campfires. And, of course, get the Nimbus Rod if you can- it's a drop from Angry Nimbuses, which spawn in the Purity during a storm (during hardmode, of course!)

I can't kill the Destroyer for some reason. I need some advise. Yes, I tried standing still and attacking it with the Dao of Pow. No, I am not sucky at dodging as I have fought the Twins (not successfully) and did a decent job. Yes, I got Adamantite Armor, Phasesaber, Star Veil and Leafy Wings. No, being high in the air didn't help as it flew to FREGGIN SPACE!!! I don't know what I am doing wrong. Please help by giving advise. BTW If it helps, I run a balanced character.
Not sure if you are still having trouble or not, but I found that any weapon that hits multiple times, like a spear, to be SUPER effective against him. And, for quick use, if you have healing potions on your hot-bar, you can just push H to heal instead of scrolling over to it each time you need it. A gun would be good to use, at your stage, if unable to get any souls to make the MegaShark, I would suggest using the clockwork assault riffle with possibly exploding bullets (you can look up the crafting recipe on the wiki) would help. Again, not sure if you are able to get souls or not, but try making a rainbow gun. It can hit multiple times for high damage. Any sort of minion can help with the drones. You can make an Imp Staff out of hellstone bars to summon an imp to help you fight. If you have the wizard, buy a blank book and get some cursed fire and make a cursed flames spell book. It does decent damage plus causes the Cursed Inferno! status effect.
If you have a crystal caves biome, try farming the chaos elementals (the teleporting dudes) to get a Rod of Discord. It will let you teleport to anywhere on screen, (if the space is big enough) at the cost of a little HEALTH instead of mana. Might make avoiding him easier. Let me know if any of this helped, and good luck!

Last edited:
do you have the pirate NPC? buy a cannon and a bunch of cannon balls. place cannon on ground level and point it straight up. spawn the destroyer. shoot cannon balls up. they will fall straight back down and hit him. it will be over quick.

do you have the pirate NPC? buy a cannon and a bunch of cannon balls. place cannon on ground level and point it straight up. spawn the destroyer. shoot cannon balls up. they will fall straight back down and hit him. it will be over quick.
Well, that's one way to do it. you can use a grappling hook to anchor yourself in place and not have to deal with constant knock-back.

Not sure if you are still having trouble or not, but I found that any weapon that hits multiple times, like a spear, to be SUPER effective against him. And, for quick use, if you have healing potions on your hot-bar, you can just push H to heal instead of scrolling over to it each time you need it. A gun would be good to use, at your stage, if unable to get any souls to make the MegaShark, I would suggest using the clockwork assault riffle with possibly exploding bullets (you can look up the crafting recipe on the wiki) would help. Again, not sure if you are able to get souls or not, but try making a rainbow gun. It can hit multiple times for high damage. Any sort of minion can help with the drones. You can make an Imp Staff out of hellstone bars to summon an imp to help you fight. If you have the wizard, bu a blank book and get some cursed fire and make a cursed flames spell book. It does decent damage plus causes the Cursed Inferno! status effect.
If you have a crystal caves biome, try farming the chaos elementals (the teleporting dudes) to get a Rod of Discord. It will let you teleport to anywhere on screen, (if the space is big enough) at the cost of a little HEALTH instead of mana. Might make avoiding him easier. Let me know if any of this helped, and good luck!
Disregard his idea for the Rainbow Gun. That's a post-Plantera item, and you can't get that. The RoD is also a :red: to grind for, so unless you get one by sheer luck or buy it from another player, it isn't necessary. Otherwise, do what he said in addition to my advice.

Disregard his idea for the Rainbow Gun. That's a post-Plantera item, and you can't get that. The RoD is also a :red: to grind for, so unless you get one by sheer luck or buy it from another player, it isn't necessary. Otherwise, do what he said in addition to my advice.
My bad. Been a LONG time since I've been post Plantera, forgot that about the Rainbow Gun. And I guess I have sheer luck. I happened to get a Rod of Discord from the first one I killed. XD

Don't worry, no reason for me to get mad at-

....I hate you so much. I'm happy that you're so lucky!
XD lolz!
[DOUBLEPOST=1432316011,1432315589][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hey, if you are in Hardmode, I cant remember how much protection it gives, but I might be worth your wile to make frost armor. The main part, the frost core, drops from frost giants. They only spawn during a blizzard in an Ice biome. The count as a mini boss, but if you build a box around you and summon a minion outside the box, it is easy to kill that way, but takes a while. He hits hard, but it is worth it. The full armor makes it so every melee attack can inflict the FrostSpark status effect on enemies, so it can be pretty powerful.

try making an arena shaped like this:

----------
----------

then stand in the middle and most of the lasers won't hurt you.

You can't beat me. But as a strategy for beating me, I recommend following the strategies they have set forth for you. Also use full adamantium or full Titanium.
[DOUBLEPOST=1432316510,1432316473][/DOUBLEPOST]
XD lolz!
[DOUBLEPOST=1432316011,1432315589][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hey, if you are in Hardmode, I cant remember how much protection it gives, but I might be worth your wile to make frost armor. The main part, the frost core, drops from frost giants. They only spawn during a blizzard in an Ice biome. The count as a mini boss, but if you build a box around you and summon a minion outside the box, it is easy to kill that way, but takes a while. He hits hard, but it is worth it. The full armor makes it so every melee attack can inflict the FrostSpark status effect on enemies, so it can be pretty powerful.
You forgot, you need hallowed bars, which you get from the Me and other Hardmode bosses.

You can't beat me. But as a strategy for beating me, I recommend following the strategies they have set forth for you. Also use full adamantium or full Titanium.
[DOUBLEPOST=1432316510,1432316473][/DOUBLEPOST]
You forgot, you need hallowed bars, which you get from the Me and other Hardmode bosses.
Oops. My bad. I never used it myself, I just helped a friend get the cores.
Geez, I'm giving out all kinds of flawed advice aren't I?

Like most people have said. Another disregarded yet superbly powerful approach can be done with Jester Arrows, decent repeater and ranged gear and wings. Simple fly above and attempt to strike as many segments as possible. He can be easily decimated with any piercing weaponry.

OMG I am preparing for the Destroyer by getting all the things ready such as getting an Ankh Shield, Cannons and so on. I was looking for an Adhesive Bandage in the Underground Forest and an Angry Trapper dropped an Uzi!

Last edited:
OMG I am preparing for the Destroyer by getting all the things ready such as getting an Ankh Shield, Cannons and so on. I was looking for an Adhesive Bandage in the Underground Forest and an Angry Trapper dropped an Uzi!
Than use it. Its better than the clockwork assault rifle.

Back
Top Bottom