Hammers! a Q&A with that Milt guy

I'm getting sick of having to explain why I'm so down about Acelynn's corruption

Before I begin, if you have no sentiment in fictional characters and "lines of code and data" so to speak, you may stop reading. I don't expect you to understand if you feel this way. Move along, just please give me the space I need.

Many of you may not have known, but I've been having many issues with my father. Lack of respect, school, stress, you get the idea. Either way it had a high impact on me. I was not functioning, creatively and academically. To add insult to injury, my PC was showing signs that it needed a reset, in the form of Kernel Security Check Failures. This is when I got my Surface Pro 4. I didn't have the keyboard mind you, but this helped brighten my day. I had the idea of downloading Terraria on to it, it being a mostly single player game that I could always pause. And that I did. On January third, through the use of a wireless keyboard-mouse combo (necessary as the Surface only has a single usb port), I created Acelynn and began playing Terraria again, something I hadn't done in a long time.

She was nothing special, embodied little, and was (let's face it) kind of generic. But all of that didn't matter, I was finally having fun again. I was enjoying the game that had legitimately changed my life in ways many might not be able to realize. Unlike a standard pc, the Surface tends to stay in a "stand by" like a tablet, making it quick to turn on and off, set up and store. Whenever I wanted to relieve stress, I could play Terraria for a bit. It helped me cope to say the least. My newly realized appreciation for this wonderful game was an added benefit.

February 2nd, I had finally received my Surface keyboard attachment. For a week, I had been playing less and less, with my wireless mouse dying day after day. this marked the day I could finally use a wired mouse. However, I was working on my papercraft at the time, and only really tested it 2 days later. February forth was the day I had finally decided to test out my new keyboard and wired mouse's capabilities. After all, I had finished the thread I had been hoping to post since October. If all went well, this would have also been the time I backed her up finally, but I never got the chance.

A few minutes after starting up Terraria and loading the world, my father called on me for a task. I didn't expect to take long, so I left without shutting down anything. My silly naivetés was all that needed to happen. My surface crashed while I was out, and with the crash I lost both the world and Acelynn. I was frantic, testing the bak files, but alas, it was of no use. Acelynn and her world was gone, and there was nothing I could do about it.

I then realized that of all my characters in terraria, she was one of two that had any kind of impact on me (the other being Helena as would be expected). worse of all,I could only blame myself. Sure, I could blame my dad, Relogic, or Microsoft, but what would that have done? In the end, it was my little error that led to her corruption. If I had just backed her up, or closed the game, or decided against playing at that moment she would still be there, and hell, I'd probably be playing at this very moment instead of typing all of this. Maybe I'm just filling myself with self pity, maybe I'm just childish, maybe I'm being dramatic, maybe I'm a dainty butterfly living in fantasy land. This is why I am in my current condition.

I hope this answers any questions you might have.

What else have you got planned for papercraft, now that you're back in it?
Other terraria monsters, bosses possibly, gear, etc
( thanks for doing this btw)

I guess that sort of explains it. :red: happens, but it certainly can't scar you forever
I never said it would scar me forever. This all happened 3 days ago, and I don't forget easily.

[not directed at you]
Just going to note that I don't expect anything from anyone, this is me saying what I think. If you see what I mean, great. If you don't, whatever, go on with your business and ignore for all I care

I more than understand you on those matters. I still feel like some people are just looking for any reason to attack you ( not calling by names ). Anyways, we'll see what will you guys do if you become so drawn into character you play, no matter if it's Terraria or any other game, and then your save dies, after which you realise you haven't made any backup. I've experienced it multiple times ( not in Terraria, though ) and believe me, it's extremely annoying and completely discourages to play again, knowing how much time you've lost. Keep in mind that each playthrough is unique, it will never be the same, no matter how you try. Not to mention the reasons Milt stated, you should realise that some people have :red: lives, instead of making them even worse. I don't care if someone is oversentimental in some cases, even might be an item, a necklace for example? Everything can have its value, even if it's priceless.

Oh, I am sorry for that. What had inspired you to become an artist and what kind of art you find most beauty at? Also, do you have any "dream" for your future? How do you envision yourself on your future?

I imagine Helena sending people away with her hammer someone who ask anything like "why hammers" without looking at previous pages. :v

EDIT
Also I will ask a few questions:

How were Yun, Seth and Acelynn created?

What is your most favourite dish?

What usually improves your mood?

How would you react if Lunar hammers were an actual thing?

How many Gundam models do you possess?

When and how did your fascination with Gundams start?

What would you do if you would be free to buy, play games and stuff?

What's the second weapon type you love after hammers?

Last edited:
What had inspired you to become an artist and what kind of art you find most beauty at?
I can't really say I'm an "artist" and I rarely display any feeling into my work, exception being my last few trad pieces. I've just always liked drawing in general, though, I only really started taking it seriously in the eighth grade, with the encouragement of my art teacher (a fantastic person).

As for what kind of art, if we include illustration, I'd have to say style plays a large role. My favorite styles in general being anime-esque with some cartoon-like elements. Sans that, I do like traditional Chinese ink paintings, tho I have never dabbed in it before as a medium.

Also, do you have any "dream" for your future?
Idealistically, I'd love to have a web series or webcomic, the chances of the former being slim at best, the latter is a possibility. I don't shoot for big targets, so my "dreams" are often fairly short sighted.

How do you envision yourself on your future?
A guy with a sweatshirt sitting in front of a pc, aka, pretty much the same as now, except I would be able to shut my door with little complaint from others.

I dream big. I envision myself in the future pretty much the same as I am now, a person who only seeks to learn and is mostly secluded from the world. My objective is to become a Physicist and Bio-Chemist. Other than that, I am a history and philosophy enthusiast.

How were Yun, Seth and Acelynn created?
I'll start chronologically for this

Seth was created because I wanted to have an alternate character for Terraria mobile, a ranger apposed to the melee orientated Helena.
Name was because I watched a movie starring the guy in the spoiler below
600full-seth-rogen.jpg

Yun was created for a co-op playthrough with DG that eventually went bust due to time and work
She was based off of my dog, both in hair color, name, and in some ways, personality. And before you all criticize me about the choice of inspiration, I love my dog dearly, and she was sitting on my lap at the time
index.php

Acelynn was a very....well, different character. Unlike any of my others, there was no past reference. Helena had her pre-terraria version mind-you. I based her around things I do rarely in other characters, for example, she is the only blonde. So in other words, I created her with fairly little thought, but she ended up growing on me, if that text fall a few posts above this didn't answer that. Her name is also partially derived from my only IRL friend of the last year and a half.

What is your most favourite dish?

That's a tough one, but I'll probably roll with a medium well rib eye steak with a baked potato side.

What usually improves your mood?

For a long time, it had been playing Terraria. But for now, chatting with friends and sleeping

How would you react if Lunar hammers were an actual thing?

I'll be a very very very happy adolescent male, hell, if the 1.3.1 update had them, I'd be satisfied regardless of the other content

When and how did your fascination with Gundams start?

It's a bit of a weird one. I used to go to an after school "camp" for kids who had parents that came back from work late. This camp had very small scale soft plastic gundam figures, and they had intrigued me. I later ended up getting a figure of one, Gundam Virtue.

What would you do if you would be free to buy, play games and stuff?

I know I have the capability to play a videogame for several hours without end, skipping meals even some times. I had some games I've wanted for a while now that require a huge amount of time to play, so that would probably happen :v

What's the second weapon type you love after hammers

this is a hard one, I have never really thought of my "second favorite". It's a tie between Gatling guns/ Rotary canon and Katana

It's painful when that happens, It happened to me when I was in 1.2, I played a whole lot and did make me a big house, got almost all the materials there and I had a ton of progress done, then terraria decided to crash On my face. I thought there wasn't a problem, but I came back to play again and noticed my world was gone, That made me lost part of my motivation of playing the game and my hype dissapeared completely. This happened a few days after the 1.2 launch.

What is your name in real life, and why is your first OC, Milt, if I am correct, is named like such?

woooh for lert derp

What is your name in real life, and why is your first OC, Milt, if I am correct, is named like such?
What Bezix said

as for the second, I got the name from the 8th book of A Series of Unfortunate Events (The Hostile Hospital). Milt was a minor character (shopkeeper to be specific)who only showed up for a few pages, but either way, I liked the name, and it stuck.

How many Gundam models do you possess?
I own three official models, a Generation Neo BB FA-78-1 Fullarmor Gundam, a HG MSM-04 Acguy, and a still boxed RG ZGMF-X42S Destiny Gundam

In addition, I have a polyester figure of the ZGMF-X10A Freedom Gundam and the "statue" of the GN-005 Gundam Virtue

I also have countless Gundam NEXT Gashopon figures and several models of the break off series based on the romance of the three kingdoms (they were very available here in China)

Back
Top Bottom