tModLoader Hamstar's mods - Past, present, and future

hamstar

Terrarian
8rfehLI.png

Currently-released mods:
  • "Challenge" mods:
    • Durability - Sets tools and weapons to break with use. Designed for challenge modes.
    • Lives - Limited number of deaths until final (hardcore-style) perma-death.
    • Injury - Taking damage can lower your max health. Options for health management exist.
    • Capitalism - Town NPCs markup their prices with repeat purchases.
    • Stamina - Running, jumping, dashing, grappling, and item use all exhaust your player if over done. Exercising and stamina management included.
    • The Lunatic - A strange-yet-familiar face(?) has appeared in town. Also, the earth starts to tremble ominously... and increasingly. Could the newcomer have something to do with this?
    • Losing Is Fun - An eclectic collection of assorted gameplay tweaks and additions to make the game more... fun. The unofficial anti-cheese-strat mod.
    • Honor Bound - Combines the aforementioned mods together with adjustable settings to soften or harden your challenge accordingly. Settings changes are locked in per-world.
    • Licenses - Items require licenses to be used. Licenses are acquired with game progression (purchased via. Rewards points).
    • Psycho! - A psycho is on the loose in your world, stalking you during your adventures! Keep your eyes peeled, and your wits sharp!
    • Encumbrance - Carrying items past your player's hotbar is now a burden to movement. Jumping, attacking, grappling, or mounting in such conditions may cause your items to randomly drop. Additionally, movement will become increasingly sluggish with more item slots in use.
    • Starvation - Players lose health if they do not keep a Well Fed buff on at all times. Also, the buff depletes 4x faster than usual (configurable). Settings exist to implement food spoilage (as of v1.3.0).
    • Locked Abilities - Locks many primary player abilities, particularly those enabled by accessories... including total accessory slots (all but 1)! Abilities may be unlocked only with special accessories.
    • Orbs - Prevents players from breaking tiles (except things like wood and ores) and requires using special colored orbs to clear areas of terrain.
    • Enraged! - Bosses now become enraged during battles. Various factors contribute to causing this effect. Rage state is temporary, but can be devastating if unprepared.
    • Ruined Items - All weapons and accessories from chests and loot drops (or crafted and bought, if configured) have a 'ruined' prefix that heavily nerfs their stats, but can be removed with reforging (at some expense).
  • "Helpful" mods:
    • Better Buffs - Improves buff duration display with a percentage shading overlay, allows refreshing buffs with a click, and enables auto-reactivation of individual buffs via. shift+click.
    • kDtT4eU.png
      Rewards
      - This mod rewards players for game progression with Progress Points; a spendable, non-transferable currency to purchase rare, hard-to-grind items to speed up the game.
    • Extensible Inventory - Implements an extensible, paginated inventory for players, able to be scaled endlessly.
    • Uncluttered Projectiles - Reduces visual occlusion of player projectiles and dusts during important game events. Types of events and projectiles/dusts may be configured.
    • Intrinsics - Allows binding items permanently to players without consuming inventory or equipment slots (by way of API, commands, or the Impartment Contract item). Bound items may be toggled freely in a UI dialog. Configurable.
    • Mounted Magic Mirrors - Lets you craft your Magic Mirrors into wall-mounted fast travel points.
    • HUD Elements Lib - A library for mods to add draggable HUD-space UI elements that smartly avoid overlapping each other and vanilla HUD elements (if desired).
  • "Game Feature" mods:
    • Wormholes (and also Scroll of Town Portal) - Generates random, two-way traversable wormholes across your world's underground. Also allows players to create a personal wormhole via. a craftable Scroll of Town Portal.
    • Dynamic Invasions (WIP) - Allows crafting summon items for invasions with customized choice of mobs (and music).
    • Destructible Tiles - Allows tiles to be destroyed by projectiles. Settings exist for tile types, tile armor, projectile type damage, and more.
    • Powerful Magic - Magic attacks are now 6x as powerful, but mana restoring items and natural regeneration only recover 1/6 as much.
    • Warp Item Control Lib - Warp Item Control Lib allows controlling (blocking, modifying, etc.) the use of player warp items (Magic Mirrors, Cellphones, Recall Potions, etc.).
  • "Special FX" mods:
    • ftIthKk.png
      Better Paint (WIP) - Improves the paint function of the game by adding a spray applicator, letting you paint with full, smooth RGB color across your world. Configurable.
    • Motion Blurs - Displays motion blur trails behind most projectiles and npcs. Instant epic mode.
    • Emitters - Allows placing devices that can be configured to emit any type of particle ("dust") or "gore".
  • "Informational" mods:
    • Player Statistics - Adds a control panel tab to show statistics for each player, such as PvP K/D ratio, latency, and general game progress.
    • Readable Books - Implements a Readable Book item.
    • More Item Info - Lists recipes requiring a given item in that item's tooltips and also displays its sell value. Configurable.
  • "World Changing" mods:
    • Chest Implants - Allows customizing contents of world chests on world generation. Good for adventure maps or game modes.
    • Pot Luck - Allows customizing drops from broken pots.
    • Terrain Remixer - Allows carving out natural-looking caves and hills by configured settings. Region size, cutting scale, cut density, world gen phase, and number of cuts are all configurable.
  • "Meta" mods:
    • Mod Libs (Pack) - Successor to Mod Helpers (see below). Does all of the same, and more.
    • Mod Helpers - (Note: Obsoleted by Mod libs) Provides a wide array of helper functions and utilities for modding. Also includes in-game config editing and issue reporting for mods that implement them (no dependency needed!).
    • Nihilism - Allows whitelisting and blacklisting items, recipes, mobs, or mob drops by configuration.
    • gu9wHa5.png
      Time Limits
      - Does what it says on the tin. Worlds can now be set with time limits to have configurable events take place.
    • mvC1gsj.png
      Reset Mode
      - Resets the current world after a timer, also resetting all players (except any earned Rewards mod Progress Points).

In-progress:
  1. Adventure Mode - Now in beta!

Future:
  • PvP Project (mod set) - Adds general PvP improvements and game modes.
  • On A Rail - Provides each player a persistent train (works like a minecart) to act as their permanent spawn point. May be upgraded. Intended for Campaign Mode use.
  • Injury - Add "soreness".
  • Nihilism- Update:
    1. Add options for stopping invasions, buffs, time, weather, etc.
  • Cinema FX
    1. Implements camera paths (splines), npc movement waypoints, npc "talking", and camera effects.
    2. Effects can be triggered by chat/server command, hotkey, or API command.
  • Much more!

In consideration:
  • Elements - Assigns elemental weaknesses and strengths to items and enemies.
  • Middle Earth - Adds an expansive open layer midway underground resembling an "lost world" alternate version of the surface world.
  • Losing is Fun- Update:
    1. Fix mod compatibility issue(s).
    2. Large assortment of neat additions:
      1. (Optional) disable natural life regen
      2. Disable housing constraints by default (unless options allow otherwise)
      3. Direction of damage taken shows up on HUD
      4. Nerf ice blade
      5. Add option for soreness to lower attack damage
      6. Add option to get Soreness debuffs from death
      7. Add bool config fields for enable/disable of specific features
      8. Set obsidian armor to give obsidian skull protection
      9. Set recall/magic mirror to add 30 second Chaos State debuff
  • Cave-ins
    1. Every block broken underground incurs a risk of adjacent blocks falling. Effect can cascade.
    2. Support beams may be needed to prevent cave ins.
    3. Delayed collapses and random quakes (triggers premature cave-ins) possible.
  • NPC Affinity
    1. Town npcs each have an affinity stat that seals their shop items until built up.
    2. Fulfilling daily npc requests increases affinity.
    3. Requests may include:
      1. Specific furnishings
      2. Adjacent biomes
      3. Adjacent npcs
      4. House materials
      5. House size
      6. House shape
      7. Adjacent house rooms
      8. More or less daylight
      9. Height above or below ground
  • KO
    1. Adds mob and player stuns from special or heavy blows.
    2. Allows mobs to be thrown or suplexed.
    3. Mobs now perform dash moves to attack, but also open up to stun opportunities.
  • Dominion/Beast Master
    1. Builds off KO mod to allow controlling, riding, and taming npcs (via. capture with stun/KO).
    2. Implements carrying, deploying, recalling, and "upgrading" tamed npcs.
  • The Ghost - An invincible, insta-killing, slow-moving ghost that begins chasing you if you linger in a given area too long (think Spelunky).
  • Throwable Items - Items can now be tossed to deal extra damage, but risk being destroyed.
  • Anomalies - Random 'generators' can be found around the map producing odd side effects when near, including (de)buffs, alterations to monster behavior, types, stats, etc.
  • Autoequip - Items can be bound to sets that allow hot swapping entire armor/accessory/weapon/buff loadouts when any of the set is equipped.
  • Conquest - Players align with teams and spawn at either end of the map. Their ultimate goal is to conquer the world. How that works is up to the server and mod configurations.
  • Glue - Items and monsters can be glued to one another. Composite weapons, Frankenstein abominations, etc.
  • Hotswap Character - Allows players to quickly change their character to another in-game.
  • Magical Minecart Tracks - Implements a way to place temporary minecart tracks automatically as you ride forward. Think Ice Rod, but for tracks.
  • Miasma - Adds poison gasses to caves. May pose various hazards. Assorted methods may be used to ventilate or purify the air, or else cope with the environments.
  • Slime Rancher - Allows capturing, taming, breading, and weaponizing slimes.
  • The Nothing - Creates a special 'biome' that does nothing but spread outward and leave 'nothing' in its wake. May involve a quest to be gotten rid of.
  • Thief Class - Adds an equipment class for disabling, quick killing, and stealing loot from monsters. Not really suited for damage dealing, but makes up for it with other rewards.
  • Wieldable Magic Mirrors - Allows using a magic mirror to teleport things other than the player back to spawn.
  • Legendary Junk - Introduces end game items to the game with extremely low max durability (available uses). May be found lying around, given as quest rewards, monster/boss drops, etc.

Decommissioned mods (until further notice):
  1. Painted Hills (Old) - Sprays patches of random paint colors around the world. Results may vary. Minimap may not reflect actual visuals.
  2. Dowsing (Unfinished) - Provides special rods for locating block types, world objects, rare npcs, and npcs with rare item drops (to be added eventually...?).
  3. o8DdtqS.png
    Server Browser - Display a list of active multiplayer servers in the multiplayer main menu with join option.
  4. Barriers (Unfinished) - Implements protective barriers that can stop incoming projectiles and enemy NPCs.
  5. Campaign Mode (mod set) - Turns Terraria from sandbox to journey (replaced by Adventure Mode).
  6. Pirates Demand Your Booty! - Pirates have arrived early t' plunder yer booty! What will ye do?

Links:
  • Videos, clips, trailers, dev snapshots:

• Want to chat?

• Like what you see? Consider giving me some support so I can continue:

Last edited:
I can't wait for some of the upcoming mods to come out! I love your already existing mods, and try to use them in a adventure map. Keep up the great work dude!
[doublepost=1511278524,1511278120][/doublepost]And could you possibly add in a feature to Losing is Fun where it disables natural life regen?

I can't wait for some of the upcoming mods to come out! I love your already existing mods, and try to use them in a adventure map. Keep up the great work dude!
[doublepost=1511278524,1511278120][/doublepost]And could you possibly add in a feature to Losing is Fun where it disables natural life regen?
Injury already incorporates this (via. Bleeding) on low health. I'll add this as a general option to LIF or Nihilism, though.

your browser always says "server busy. try again later" ive tried at least 10 times today and nothing has fixed, and yes, i waited at least one hour in between every try
A little help?

your browser always says "server busy. try again later" ive tried at least 10 times today and nothing has fixed, and yes, i waited at least one hour in between every try
A little help?
Google's free hosting doesn't always hold up. You'll have to wait until less people are on.

Last edited:
Hey, I love your mods. Do you think you could ever make a pet mod... For a small fee?
I wouldn't mind sharing some moneys with to you for all your amazing mods. They are the most balanced ones

Hey, I love your mods. Do you think you could ever make a pet mod... For a small fee?
I wouldn't mind sharing some moneys with to you for all your amazing mods. They are the most balanced ones
I'm not the best sprite artist, but I could make an attempt. Contact me in private.

No. I have a lot of work to update Mod Helpers for something specific I'm trying to do, and then I can worry about the other mods. I'll also be switching to a "lite" Adventure Mode mod concept, before that.
Makes sense, good luck on that!

sounds reasonable, coding does not work for me even though it is simple, but I can draw my own sprites and effects.
how much would it cost to write a few lines of code to create custom spellbooks

sounds reasonable, coding does not work for me even though it is simple, but I can draw my own sprites and effects.
how much would it cost to write a few lines of code to create custom spellbooks
I didn't mean like that. You'll want to ask for that kind of help on the tmodloader discord. You shouldn't have to pay for that.

Back
Top Bottom