PC Happy Thanksgiving! Terraria PC is 40% Off! Steam Award Nominations Open!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how everyone is excited about the (possible) new things in the pictures when this is simply to tell us that Terraria is on sale. Regardless, happy Thanksgiving to everyone who celebrates it, and happy Thursday to those who don't! :happy:

Happy Thanksgiving, Terrarians! As we always do this time of year, we are reflecting on the progress of Terraria and our amazing community. Your unwavering support truly is what makes all of this possible, and we look forward to continuing to delight each of you in the months and years to come - with Terraria updates and beyond! In celebration of this time of giving thanks, we are proud to take part in the Steam Autumn Sale. From today (November 22) until November 28th, Terraria, Terraria four-packs, and the Terraria Official Soundtrack are all 40% off!

That means you can pick up Terraria for $5.99, a four pack for $17.99, and the Official Soundtrack for $5.99! To grab a copy for yourself or a friend today, click the image above or the link HERE.

kdcROYP.png

View attachment 188423
2017 STEAM AWARDS NOMINATIONS

That also means it is time for the 2017 Steam Award Nominations! Last year, Terraria was a finalist for two awards - all due to your amazing support! It would be great to see the game we all love in the limelight once again - so take a few minutes to enter your nominations today!

We think Terraria fits pretty well into several of these categories, but the "Labor of Love" fits like a glove. ;) Of course, maybe you feel it fits somewhere else - suffice to say, we are hoping Terraria will make a strong showing once again. Remember, you can only nominate any given game for one category - so choose wisely! Click the Steam Awards image above to submit your nominations or the link HERE. (You can also nominate from game store pages)

Happy Thanksgiving to you all - and here's to yet another year of growth and success for Terraria!

Hello, I have a good idea for a new crossover event. This is:

A crossover with the game "Risk of Rain", which is very popular.
This event would start like the fallen ship as happens in the game, a message appears in the screen saying that you have to go to the crashlanded ship in a random place on the surface of the map. Once you arrive to the ship, you have to wait between 3-5 days of Terraria and you will see an NPC (the Commando in "Risk of Rain") teleporting near the center of the map fighting with enemies of that game and the NPC will ask your help to defeat a boss and so he can return to his planet.

After finishing the event he will return to our world like the Travelling Merchant, to sell us special items (weapons, armours, accesories) of the game.

It would seem that way, new food items/sprites and a new object, a coat/hat hanger, new blocks (maybe), more leaf falling (we've seen that already), and what looks to me as a new background, part of it anyways.

Happy Thanksgiving, Terrarians! As we always do this time of year, we are reflecting on the progress of Terraria and our amazing community. Your unwavering support truly is what makes all of this possible, and we look forward to continuing to delight each of you in the months and years to come - with Terraria updates and beyond! In celebration of this time of giving thanks, we are proud to take part in the Steam Autumn Sale. From today (November 22) until November 28th, Terraria, Terraria four-packs, and the Terraria Official Soundtrack are all 40% off!

That means you can pick up Terraria for $5.99, a four pack for $17.99, and the Official Soundtrack for $5.99! To grab a copy for yourself or a friend today, click the image above or the link HERE.

kdcROYP.png

View attachment 188423
2017 STEAM AWARDS NOMINATIONS[/B]

That also means it is time for the 2017 Steam Award Nominations! Last year, Terraria was a finalist for two awards - all due to your amazing support! It would be great to see the game we all love in the limelight once again - so take a few minutes to enter your nominations today!

We think Terraria fits pretty well into several of these categories, but the "Labor of Love" fits like a glove. ;) Of course, maybe you feel it fits somewhere else - suffice to say, we are hoping Terraria will make a strong showing once again. Remember, you can only nominate any given game for one category - so choose wisely! Click the Steam Awards image above to submit your nominations or the link HERE. (You can also nominate from game store pages)

Happy Thanksgiving to you all - and here's to yet another year of growth and success for Terraria![/B]
Wow didnt notice it was Happy Thanksgiving to Terraria i guess =)Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!!=)

I hope this food not just dropped on the table from inventory. It will be just awkward.
Sadly it most likely is, as those platforms used in the table cloth are hammered into a downward position and you can't place things on them when they're like that.

Of course, maybe you feel it fits somewhere else - suffice to say, we are hoping Terraria will make a strong showing once again. Remember, you can only nominate any given game for one category - so choose wisely!

Here, I'll trade you- my vote, for an update on Terraria Otherworld, or even an update on Terraria for the Switch. I mean, after all, it has been.. how many months since we heard anything in this regard?

Here, I'll trade you- my vote, for an update on Terraria Otherworld, or even an update on Terraria for the Switch. I mean, after all, it has been.. how many months since we heard anything in this regard?
They went dark on Terraria Otherworld because they realized they were much farther behind than they wanted to be, and if they had known this sooner they never would have announced it when they did.

They went dark on Terraria Otherworld because they realized they were much farther behind than they wanted to be, and if they had known this sooner they never would have announced it when they did.
Sure, absolutely, and that's fine- up until you consider that it is nearing three years since it's initial announcement. They also announced that Terraria was coming to the Switch in 2017, with less than a month until 2018 it looks like they're on track to meet their usual standard of promise now, promise later, promise some more, and maybe sometime in the future in an alternate dimension, deliver the actual product. Going all in, then going completely dark for months is a terrible practice. How are we as the player base (and the people who will actually buy the product) supposed to remain loyal or vigilant, when all we get is long sullen silence and empty promises?

You know, these promises:
"Oh, we promise this game soon."
Seven months pass.
"Oh, we promise an update soon."
Six months pass.
"Oh, we hit a snag, sorry!"
Six months pass.
"We promise to be more active and provide more updates."
Eight months pass.
"Darn, we dun goofed. Let's completely change teams and promise for a better product, after we start it from scratch."
Eight months pass.
"... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ..."

"Wow, I know how excited I am for this game. I can just imagine all the time I'm going to spend playing it, what I'm going to build in it, what kind of kooky adventures I'll have! I soooo can't wait until I can stop imagining this for three years, and actually start playing it!"

I haven't been back to these forms since the April update, and I honestly didn't expect to see any other news about Terraria Otherworld. Lo and behold, I wasn't disappointed. My expectations are now so low I'm not sure if I'll even still want to purchase the game when it comes out. I might just invest my time elsewhere, which is sad given how much fun the Original game has been in the past.

All they would need to do is keep even one of their promises, and just keep people in the light; with or without anything to report. Abandoning your player base is just going to alienate yourself. I might be back next year for an update, I'm thinking August, maybe October 13th. You know, when they finally decide to tell us they hit another snag.

They never promised anything. They don't even have to make this new game for us, they could do something else. If you read any of their updates, they usually say they prefer quality over accurate dates. I give you two choices:
  1. Rushed, bad game or
  2. Delayed, good game

They never promised anything. They don't even have to make this new game for us, they could do something else. If you read any of their updates, they usually say they prefer quality over accurate dates. I give you two choices:

• Rushed, bad game or
    • Delayed, good game
I could choose not to do my job, too! Knowing someone has a choice does not make them somehow magnanimous for making the choice that aligns with your desires. Sure, they could not make another game, disappointing fans everywhere, but then they're just giving up on a great career move. If I chose to do my work that pays well, I'm not some hero for doing it, it just so happens to benefit someone else. If I were to refuse my work, people would simply find someone who would.

Sure, quality matters. So does actually producing something more than alpha footage after three years. Three years. Hell- even Star Citizen is doing better than Terraria Otherworld in terms of how progress is made and the player base is informed! And they've been working on that game since 2011!

...even Star Citizen is doing better than Terraria Otherworld in terms of how progress is made and the player base is informed...
if they had known this sooner they never would have announced it when they did.
They made a mistake with when they announced the next game. Also, life happens. Sometimes there is nothing you can do about it.
The game was too buggy (or whatever their reason was) for release anytime soon, so they stopped giving us updates. They would rather have waited until it was much closer, but they didn't know so much was wrong (code-wise) with it. Ask an actual dev about it though, my knowledge is incomplete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom