Map-Adventure Harbinger: Adventure Map

There won't ever be downloadable maps on console, as it's considered "modding" by the manufacturers.

Am I right in thinking you used some mods to make this map?

Depends on your definition of "mods." I only used vanilla Terraria, in-game, but I did extensive work using 3rd party software (TEdit) to accomplish things that aren't normally doable in-game.

That's what I meant; the skeletons on the floor and the smoke coming from the palladium columns was a real head-sratcher before I remembered you had TEdit.
I'll be posting a youtube video, probably next week, with a tutorial on how to accomplish that stuff in TEdit. The skeletons on the floor are fairly obvious, but the smoke may not be.

It cannot be done in vanilla.
Shame. I was hoping to improve on this:
Martian bunker.jpg

I don't like the fact that you can still see the chimneys, and the wood platforms on the trees (which, annoyingly, also catch loot).

Hey, I'm loving this map, it's beautiful *and* the puzzles are very interesting!
I've got a question:
in MADOS' level 7 there's a door that needs a code; am I supposed to have found that code before then?

Hey, I'm loving this map, it's beautiful *and* the puzzles are very interesting!
I've got a question:
in MADOS' level 7 there's a door that needs a code; am I supposed to have found that code before then?
Glad you're enjoying the map!
Nope! That door is a thank you to a tester that busted his butt off to help make sure the map was relatively bug and cheese-free. He's the only person I've given the code to ^.^ Tho I suppose someone could potentially guess or look in TEdit to get the code, haha >.<

Glad you're enjoying the map!
Nope! That door is a thank you to a tester that busted his butt off to help make sure the map was relatively bug and cheese-free. He's the only person I've given the code to ^.^ Tho I suppose someone could potentially guess or look in TEdit to get the code, haha >.<

Oh, that's good to know, since I've already continued forward :)
Thanks for making and sharing the map! It really is amazing work.

I have been playing throughout the map for quite some time and i gotta say, you make some impressive work. there are some puzzles that i never could imagine are possible with what there is. The secrets can sometimes be frustrating to get, but that is why they are secrets. Some puzzles are very challenging and require skill/thought into solving them, which means you were able to make complex puzzles. I really am enjoying the map but then i hit a roadblock that was too hard for me.
Capture 2018-11-21 23_29_57.png

I can't tell if this is glitch, but I somehow got the nurse stuck here and i can't find a way to get her out. Overall, I feel like i will replay this map once I am done with it just to find any Easter eggs/secrets that I might have missed.

I have been playing throughout the map for quite some time and i gotta say, you make some impressive work. there are some puzzles that i never could imagine are possible with what there is. The secrets can sometimes be frustrating to get, but that is why they are secrets. Some puzzles are very challenging and require skill/thought into solving them, which means you were able to make complex puzzles. I really am enjoying the map but then i hit a roadblock that was too hard for me.
View attachment 213612
I can't tell if this is glitch, but I somehow got the nurse stuck here and i can't find a way to get her out. Overall, I feel like i will replay this map once I am done with it just to find any Easter eggs/secrets that I might have missed.
Glad you've enjoyed the map so far. Yeah, looks like you found a place to get stuck. I'll be sure to update the world with a fix so it can't happen again. Also, if you send me your world save (will require a file sharing website like googledocs or dropbox), I can fix the world for you and send it back, so you don't lose any progress ^.^

Glad you've enjoyed the map so far. Yeah, looks like you found a place to get stuck. I'll be sure to update the world with a fix so it can't happen again. Also, if you send me your world save (will require a file sharing website like googledocs or dropbox), I can fix the world for you and send it back, so you don't lose any progress ^.^
That Would be great, but I decided to replay the entire map again in hopes of finding more secrets (in which I have).
Thank you for reading my feedback.

I've gotten stuck at the weapons proficiency test. On the sniper test, for the ones that are completely out of sight, do you want to have the indicators lit up or not. I'm just not sure whether I'm wasting my time shooting at one I've already hit, or whether I'm just failing to hit it.
EDIT: it probably doesn't help that my screen is probably a bit smaller than the size that the map was designed for.
EDIT2: solved the problem, though I do need to restart the map as the process of solving it caused the mechanisms to stop working.

Last edited:
I've gotten stuck at the weapons proficiency test. On the sniper test, for the ones that are completely out of sight, do you want to have the indicators lit up or not. I'm just not sure whether I'm wasting my time shooting at one I've already hit, or whether I'm just failing to hit it.
EDIT: it probably doesn't help that my screen is probably a bit smaller than the size that the map was designed for.
EDIT2: solved the problem, though I do need to restart the map as the process of solving it caused the mechanisms to stop working.
The lights will turn off when they're hit. Are you unable to see the ones on the roof even when using the sniper scope (right clicking)? If so, what resolution are you playing in? Also, are you zoomed in by chance?

Yes, if you exited the game, and the wire mechanisms stopped, you'll need to start over. Unfortunately the way timers and traps work in Terraria, they turn off when you log out. That's why I placed "save points" throughout the map.

it was just that I was using too small of a resolution, I solved that one. Now I'm stuck because after saving at the second portal chamber, there's no way to progress.

it was just that I was using too small of a resolution, I solved that one. Now I'm stuck because after saving at the second portal chamber, there's no way to progress.

If you broke your way through doors at the weapon proficiency area (you mentioned wiring no longer working), then the teleporter progression mechanism is broken. I'm about to head off to bed, but if you sent me your world save, tomorrow morning I'll fix it for you and send it back your way. Just take care not to log off outside of "save points," as stated in the rules ^.^

To solve the weapon proficiency, I just restarted the whole map but in fulscreen and a higher resolution, and I think what I did wrong at the portal thing(the second MADOS level) was that I moved before saving, so I probably triggered something only to un-trigger it by exiting. So I'm gonna have to restart again .-.

Hc8Omyi.png

Hey dude, this map looks really cool! But i just can't pass the first challenge, because it requires a gun (it says you get on in the start), which never get it, it would be cool if you update the map so the bug is fixed.
I've seen the trailer and i can't wait to try this out!
Sincerely, Razue​

To solve the weapon proficiency, I just restarted the whole map but in fulscreen and a higher resolution, and I think what I did wrong at the portal thing(the second MADOS level) was that I moved before saving, so I probably triggered something only to un-trigger it by exiting. So I'm gonna have to restart again .-.

Yeah, I'm working on a major update that won't require you to log out at save points, but it's requiring a massive re-work of the wiring systems, so it's going to take quite a while. Learnt my lesson, though, and save points will not be present in future maps.

Hey dude, this map looks really cool! But i just can't pass the first challenge, because it requires a gun (it says you get on in the start), which never get it, it would be cool if you update the map so the bug is fixed.
I've seen the trailer and i can't wait to try this out!

I'm not sure what bug you're referring to. There are two guns (a laser rifle and a space gun) at the chest at the very beginning of the map, when you're reading all of the rules. If you pulled the lever without looting the entirety of the chest, then you'll need to restart the map (delete the old one, and re-download).

I've come across a problem in the holodeck area.
z7eyC6x.png

I'm spawning in the middle of this lava, and there's no way to get to safety. Did you mean for this to be able to happen?

Back
Top Bottom