NPCs & Enemies Hard Mode Goblin Army

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's face it, the goblin army is pathetic and just plain pointless during hard mode. I am not going to suggest that it be taken out of the game at that point, I am going to suggest upgrades to the units. In addition to the buffs to damage, health, and various other things of that nature the goblins will act more like an army in their upgraded state.

Goblin peon->Goblin Skirmisher

Goblin thief->Goblin Saboteur

Goblin warrior->Goblin Berserker

Goblin archer->Goblin Rocket Scientist

Goblin sorcerer->Goblin Battlemage

The changes only occur after you destroy one mechanical boss. After these changes goblin invasions happen as often as pirate invasions.

AI type: fighter

Damage: 40

Max life:200

Defense:18

KB resist: 40%

They move to stay near goblin rocket scientists and saboteurs and move to engage nearby players at least to stall you.

Damage: 30

Max life: 200

Defense: 14

KB resist: 20%

Nearby mechanisms don't function while this unit is within 5 blocks of it. By mechanisms I mean all traps, teleporters, and pressure plates. Rather than try to hunt you down it will move right next to a trap and stand there to allow the other goblins to walk past without being harmed.

Damage: 60

Max life: 400

Defense: 20

KB resist:80%

This is the one unit without a team purpose in the invasion, it just blindly chases after you.

Damage: 50

Max life: 150

Defense: 16

KB resist: 30%

This goblin has a set of rocket boots and a rocket launcher. When it is about to fall into lava it will fly up to avoid it. In addition to that it will avoid melee contact with you by flying upward while still firing. It will avoid firing near the other goblins but will fire at you if you are at a distance.

AI type: caster

Damage: 40

Max life: 300

Defense: 16

KB resist: 40%

They teleport goblins closer to the player. The teleportation range is 10 blocks away from where the goblin was. The goblins cannot be teleported within 3 blocks of the player.

Scrambler - Disables nearby electronics similar to the goblin saboteur. It is an accessory that will be your greatest asset while going into the lihzahrd temple. 1/100 chance to drop from the goblin saboteur.

Spiky ball sharpener - accessory that provides a 75% bonus to damage to the spiky balls. 1/200 chance from all upgraded enemies during the invasion.

Spiked defense system - drops a free spiky ball when struck with a cooldown of 1.5 seconds. The effects of this stack with the spiky ball enhancing accessories.

Spiky ball sharpener + Magma stone = Heated Spike Sharpener

It adds 80% damage to the spiky balls and the balls inflict on fire and glow red. Does not stack with the spiky ball sharpener.

Any questions?

If your in HM you could prob just walk around swinging your sword or something.... besides if it didn't happen pre hm then you don't really have to deal with anything

They are slightly more powerful than the pirates in the pirate invasion.
Also I am working on post 3 mech and post plantera enemies for this and the pirate invasion.

No they don't. Get your facts correct.
Ok I just checked, you can! its 1/60% chance... I have not had a single HM goblin invasion after first automatic one within my 400+ or something hours or play, even if you did it would be insignificant anyway, you could blow through it in like 50 seconds

What's the point then? It is just a waste of time, even if it is just 50 seconds it is still pointless and a wasted opportunity.

Also this doesn't make pirate invasions useless, pirates drop loot like the lucky coin, coin gun, cutlass, and the pirate staff.

sheesh, for a game that half the time you are farming for some goddamn RNJesus forsaken drop or mining for that one chest drop or searching for just some 1 random thing, you sure are impatient for an event

It was useful, the first time you got it. Same goes for pirate invasion, unless you really want to spit out coins or get 10% better prices that badly, OR A GOLDEN TOILET :O

I like the idea of I new "invasion" in the game. It seem to add more "spice" to the goblins. I also like that you are going to suggest a advanced Pirate invasion. Total support from me! :)

So you don't find invasions useful after the first time? Also it is 20% better prices.

Also lets discuss why you think the scrambler is OP.

Hmm... In the Temple there are 2 normal mobs to fight you, 1 which you can just hook to the ceiling to avoid, the other can't do anything because it takes KB, the traps actually make the temple half hard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom