Weapons & Equip Hard mode (post plantera?) desert/snow biome ores Plz comment

What do you think

• Total voters

Alienguy

Terrarian
Sandanite and Snowstone stuff, spawn after plantera killed, will spawn in underground desert/snow biome. Used to craft awesome hardmode armor, weapons, and tools. Both bars can be made at an adamantite furnace. The bars can be combined at a mythril anvil, to make some awesome stuff. Ores can be mined with a picksaw, why? Inticapation. Thank you for all suggestions.

Sandanite

Weapons

Rune Rapier
47 damage
4 knockback
6 velocity
Extremely fast
Shoots a dust cloud

Sand Sword
74 damage
8 knockback
8 velocity
Fast
Shoots a sand bolt that seeks and hurts 2 enemies

Sun shotgun
65 damage
11 knockback
13 velocity
Slow
Tooltip; I'm shootin some sunshine, ooohoooooh

Tools

Camel carver
220 pick power
120 axe power
45 damage
5 knockback
Extremely fast

Cactus crusher
100 hammer power
80 damage
Strong knockback
Slow

Armor

Sandanite helmet
55 defense
20% increase in melee crit chance
Set bonus; plus 15 melee damage

Sandanite hat
20 defense
20% increase in ranged crit chance
Set bonus; plus 15 ranged damage

Sandanite mask
15 defense
20% increase in magic crit chance
Set bonus; plus 40 mana

Sandanite shirt
35 defense
15% more crit chance

Sandanite pants
30 defense
10% more crit chance

Snowstone

Weapons

Ice slicer
48 damage
3 knockback
4 velocity
Extremely fast
Shoots an icicle

Snowsaber
76 damage
5 knockback
10 velocity
Slow
Places a hovering satellite that shoots weak lasers

Moon minigun
15 damage
1 knockback
15 velocity
Insanely fast
Tooltip; I would say it shoots butts, but it doesn't

Tools

Cold chaindrill
220 pick power
120 axe power
35 damage
No knockback
Insanely fast

Snow-baller hammer
100 hammer power
75 damage
Strong knockback
Fast

Armor

Snowstone helmet
50 defense
20 plus melee damage
Set bonus; gives attackers Freezerburn debuff

Snowstone hat
25 defense
20 plus ranged damage
Set bonus; gives debuff

Snowstone mask
12 defense
20 plus magic damage
Set bonus; gives debuff

Snowstone plate mail
40 defense
10% more crit damage

Snowstone greaves
35 defense
5% more crit chance

Edits? Tweaks? Put in the comments below.

Last edited:
Ok, nice start. But the start is all you have. Finish it before you put it out there, by all means! If there were just a couple things you were uncertain about that would be one thing, but you left like the entire thing open to interpretation. A common mistake, but nonetheless an important one.

To get you started: how would it spawn? What could you craft out of the bars? What pickaxe is required to mine it? How would it rebalance the game? Consider these things before just randomly posting a few sentences.

(Also: @Baconfry already did a snow biome ore, just saying...)

Sandanite and Snowstone stuff, spawn after 1 mech boss killed, will spawn in underground desert/snow biome
So, two ores? A bit packed, really. Any description at all of what they look like? And no, I'm not talking about sprites, just some details.

Used to craft regular hardmode ore items.
What kind of regular stuff are we talking here? Are they weapons? Armors? Tools? What about their stats and such?

Both bars can be made at an adamantite furnace.
Alright, no issues here.

The bars can be combined at a mythril anvil, to make some sick stuff.
Yea, first you said regular HM stuff, now it's sick stuff. Make up your mind. And I don't find "sick stuff" to be of a particular descriptive nature.

Ores can be mined with a picksaw.
This one, makes me think you aren't even serious about this suggestion. What's the point of the ores spawning after one mech, if you can only mine them after golem?

Good god, go look at some of the suggestions here and look how they detail their work. You should also read this.

My main question for this is why should I go back to an easier environment (after just exploring HM Jungle), likely in places I have already been, to retrieve some of this ore? It is kind of annoying to do it once for Titanium and whatnot, but at least I have new mobs to fight against then.

If there is any place for snow-biome specified ore, it would be after the defeat of the Wall of Flesh. Also, ores in the desert won't work much. Deserts as they are don't go very far down underground in the first place. Not to mention one does not simply mine through a desert.

Also, try to refrain from putting things like 'plz comment' on your title. This doesn't attract any positive attention and makes your material look a lot less professional.

Back
Top Bottom