Game Mechanics Hardcore Low Health Debuffs

Is this too much, Not enough, or just right?

• Too Much

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Not Enough

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Just Right

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MutantWafflez

Spazmatism
So I think this may have been suggested before, but here's my idea on the subject. So we should all know Hardcore (I hope) Die and the character is deleted. That's about it for Hardcore. But I think there a hardcore character should be given debuffs when they are low on HP.

For example, half of your hp, I'd say something minor, not anything too devastating. Perhaps the "Weak" Debuff. Next up, for 1/3 (around 33 hp on a 100 hp character) The "Weak" Debuff. Next, for around 1/5 hp (around 20 hp for a 100 hp character) the "Bleeding" Debuff (that stacks with the previous effect) so the only way to actually heal back (without regeneration accessories or potions) is through healing sources such as health potions or mushrooms. Finally around 1/10 hp (10 hp for a 100 hp character) the "Darkness" Debuff (stacks with the last effects).

Personally, I don't think there should be anything further. At first I wanted to do some sort of 1 hp set for this, but I think 1/20 of a Character's HP is enough.

So, what do you guys think on this? Please feel free to give feedback, always appreciated to see what people think.

Last edited:
Huh, would add a nice challenge to the game :O But I would be against darkness, maybe the Moon Lord's spawning screen stutter instead?

I feel like this'd be a little too annoying? Maybe weakness at 1/3, bleeding and slowness at 1/4, and then darkness at 1/5. These would stack, and all last for 5 seconds (refreshing if the player's health hasn't been raised)

Pretty neat for hardcore, making the things way harder and adding an "health loss effect", where losing health would actually affect on your character health as well.

Back
Top Bottom