Hardmode Challenge

Vinnoe

Duke Fishron
New world brought into hardmode, create a new character, and play that character on that world.
I know that chances are that this isn't original, but I have not seen much of it, if at all, but hear out the rest.

This challenge is straightforward, and already difficult. Some people might put a spin on things to help put the game in their favor, but for this, start from complete scratch. Nothing but the equipment you start with. Ergo, this means that you can expect to die. A lot. I have done this, and I'm already on my second playthrough doing this.

Now, this may be too simple for some people, and for those of you who want something else sprinkled on top of this challenge, consider trying this: During the challenge, avoid health potions, ranged, melee, whatever it is you want to try. If you were to do the no melee challenge to spice it up, melee is allowed until you acquire a ranged/magic weapon, which must be obtained as soon as possible. Knives and Shurikens do not count as melee.

I thought of this(and wrote this) in the middle of the night, and I apologize if it isn't too well written nor detailed enough.

I think a real challenge would be completing hardmode by only using pre-hardmode items. Good luck with Plantera, Let alone Skeletron Prime.

The only exceptions on this list are items that are required to reach bosses. (Temple key, Truffle worm, Etc) Every other item that can't be obtained until after hardmode is off limits.

I think a real challenge would be completing hardmode by only using pre-hardmode items. Good luck with Plantera, Let alone Skeletron Prime.

The only exceptions on this list are items that are required to reach bosses. (Temple key, Truffle worm, Etc) Every other item that can't be obtained until after hardmode is off limits.
I Did That Before :p

so basically star cannon as its the only weapon that has the dos to hurt enemy defense at late game...

Before I knew about this thread, I made a hardmode world with a new character as well, but I could use anything. Although i decided to make things harder by breaking 3 demon alters (so the mechanical bosses could spawn...yep...I purposely did that... :naughty: ).

Doing hardmode with a new character is pretty easy if you don't have any other rules because you can just kill mobs in the ice biome during the day until you get an Amarok and then it's a walk in the park from there.

Back
Top Bottom