Items Hardmode chest loot

neoselket

Ice Queen
Right now, chests become basically useless once you enter hardmode. Sure, you can find things like gold and potions in them, but you can easily get them in other ways. This is how i would make chests useful throughout the game.

When hardmode is activated, all unopened naturally generated chests would reroll their loot(lihzahrd chests would not need to) with this:

Common(all chests)

cursed/ichor arrow
lifeforce potion
endurance potion
titan potion
heartreach potion
wrath potion
rage potion
cobalt/palladium bars
ultrabright torch
ichor/cursed torch
gold coin

Uncommon(all chests)

GPS
fish finder
R.E.K. 3000
goblin tech
celestial magnet
adhesive bandage
blindfold
mechanical worm/eye/skull
star statue
greater healing potion

Rare(all chests)

demon/angel wings
yoyo glove
lucky coin
bananarang
heart statue

Chest-specific
frostbrand(ice chest)
pocket mirror(marble chest)

Any feedback is welcome!

I feel like this wouldn't work out well. I'd probably just end up leaving most natural chests for hardmode, and that's kinda strange. Maybe a new type of chest should be generated. It'd be uncommon in areas you've explored, and more common in areas where you haven't. I dunno.

I feel like this wouldn't work out well. I'd probably just end up leaving most natural chests for hardmode, and that's kinda strange. Maybe a new type of chest should be generated. It'd be uncommon in areas you've explored, and more common in areas where you haven't. I dunno.
Even if you open every chest you find in prehardmode, you'll still have tons of unopened chests, especially in large worlds.

Back
Top Bottom