PS4 Hardmode,Corruption/Infection

JayemCarter

Terrarian
Hello sorry for my bad english. I have a question to the people who are already in the hardmode.Does the infection/corruption spawn at a new point in the map after i beat the wall of flesh or does it stay at the same place?That would be good to know if i start with prevent spreading before i beat the wall of flesh or after....

After you beat the Wall of Flesh, the Corruption who was already there will get a long underground corruption. It will spread further from that spot, so no new place will be chosen. Also, you should take caution with demon altars: those have a 33% chance to spawn a corrupt, hallowed or none block in your world.

The hallow will take in a random spot of your map. If your Corruption is at left, your hallow will be at right and vice-versa.

Edit: If there are two corruption spots, The world will choose the one who is closest to the center.

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply! I forgot one thing to ask.Is it still up to date,that stone walls (not normal stone) help to stop spreading from corruption?And it must be 5x5 blocks right?

Thanks for your reply! I forgot one thing to ask.Is it still up to date,that stone walls (not normal stone) help to stop spreading from corruption?And it must be 5x5 blocks right?
Just use bombs to create hellevators and it won't spread (directly, at least).

Just to clarify a bit, there will be a new corruption and a new hallow.
There's however a chance that the new corruption will be in the same place as the old corruption. though at the same time, the old corruption could be partially replaced with the Hallow either.

Also, Hallow may be strong in enemies, but it's no problem letting it spread to your base. In normal mode, the enemies won't spawn near npc's. And The corruption can't spread through hallow or vice versa.

Back
Top Bottom