Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Could use a lot more work.

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • No.

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters

wCrane

Spazmatism
THIS POST HAS BEEN COMPLETELY REDONE: THESE ARE THE IMPROVED VERSIONS OF THE ORIGINAL POST.

(I know that the Pure Hallowed armour and Pure Underworld? armour don't look like the normal ones, thats because I based the colour scheme off of the biome chests)

index.php

The squarish things at the bottom are pure pieces

STATS

1: PURE SHADOW (high speed)

chest plate: +25% increased melee damage, crit chance +20% increased movement and melee speed; 30 defence

greaves : +35% increased movement , melee speed; 20 defence

helm : +15% increased melee and movement and melee speed +15% melee damage, crit chance; 20 defence

TOTAL : +70% increased melee and movement speed, +40% increased melee damage, crit chance; 70 defence

2: PURE CRIMSON (high damage)

chest plate: +35% increased melee damage and crit chance; 30 defence

greaves : +25% increased movement and melee speed, +20% increased melee damage and crit chance; 20 defence

helm : +15% increased melee damage and crit chance, +15% increased melee and movement speed; 20 defence

TOTAL : +70% increased melee damage, crit chance, +40% increased melee and movement speed; 70 defence

3: PURE HALLOW (high defence)

chest plate: +30% increased all damage and crit chance; 35 defence

greaves : +30% increased movement and melee speed, +10% increased all damage and crit chance; 25 defence

helm : +10% increased all damage and crit chance, +20% increased melee and movement speed; 25 defence

TOTAL : +50% increased all damage, crit chance, +50% increased melee and movement speed; 85 defence

4: PURE UNDERWORLD (Balanced?)

chest plate: +30% increased all damage and crit chance, +10% increased melee and movement speed; 30 defence

greaves : +30% increased movement and melee speed, +15% increased all damage and crit chance; 25 defence

helm : +15% increased all damage and crit chance, +20% increased melee and movement speed; 25 defence

TOTAL : +60% increased all damaged, crit chance, +60% increased melee and movement speed; 80 defence

CRAFTING
pure pieces drop from mobs in their respecting biome during a solar eclipse with a 1/500 drop chance (they're supposed to be rare._.)

chest plate: 35 demonite bars, 1 pure corrupt piece, destroyer emblem

greaves : 25 demonite bars, 1 pure corrupt piece, destroyer emblem

helm : 20 demonite bars, 1 pure corrupt piece, destroyer emblem

TOTAL : 80 demonite bars, 3 pure corrupt pieces, 3 destroyer emblems

chest plate: 35 crimtane bars, 1 pure crimson piece, destroyer emblem

greaves : 25 crimtane bars, 1 pure crimson piece, destroyer emblem

helm : 20 crimtane bars, 1 pure crimson piece, destroyer emblem

TOTAL : 80 crimtane bars, 3 pure crimson pieces, 3 destroyer emblems

chest plate: 35 hallowed bars, 1 pure hallowed piece, destroyer emblem

greaves : 25 hallowed bars, 1 pure hallowed piece, destroyer emblem

helm : 20 hallowed bars, 1 pure hallowed piece, destroyer emblem

TOTAL : 80 hallowed bars, 3 pure hallowed pieces, 3 destroyer emblems

chest plate: 35 hellstone bars, 1 pure underworld? piece, destroyer emblem

greaves : 25 hellstone bars, 1 pure underworld? piece, destroyer emblem

helm : 20 hellstone bars, 1 pure underworld? piece, destroyer emblem

TOTAL : 80 hellstone bars, 3 pure underworld? pieces, 3 destroyer emblems

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-01-26 at 11.31.21 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-01-26 at 11.31.21 PM.png
    32.8 KB · Views: 7,017
Last edited:
I think they look a bit underwhelming, even compared to their Pre-HM counterparts. They look more like alternatives than upgrades, really. Also, when eventually coming up with the stats, do keep in mind that these armours are available from the very start of hardmode, even before Cobalt or Palladium. I suggest making their boosts and defense not too high.

Why? And wait soul of light for hallowed armor? Why are you changing hallow armor recipe? Honestly this suggestion isn't very original. Plus what are the stats? I honestly don't think there's a need for hardmode shadow armor and crimtane armor.

ok, forget these armours, nobody seems to like them, can I just change this to a general new armours page?

hmm.. If anyone could think of any suggestions as to how to make the crafting recipe harder to get materials for that would be great, cause I want them to be around the same strength as the Hallowed armour and to become available around the same time too.
[DOUBLEPOST=1422400126][/DOUBLEPOST]I was thinking maybe replacing the souls with ectoplasm? but that doesn't really seem related to the crimson or corruption..

Meh, would be interesting, but I feel like we'd have to add a Hallow boss between the mechs and Plantera, with Hallowed being between Hardmode Shadow/Crimson, and before Chloryphyte/Endgame. Cool idea, but overall needs to be part of a much bigger suggestion, on its own its not that great.

EDIT: IDEAS AND THINGS

-Combine Shadow/Crimson bars with Cursed Flames/Ichor and Souls of Night to make new Corruption/Crimson based bars for the new equipment, using the appearance of the True Night's Edge and True Wrath of the Gods (from Tobbald's Tinkering/The Cyber)

OR

-Make the new Crimson/Corruption bars drop from the Mech Bosses (probably better)

-After the mech bosses are defeated, fight a new boss in the Hallow (drops Hallowed Bars). Perhaps King Arthur, or a dragon?

-After the Hallowed boss, the jungle grows restless.

I personally would love this idea if it was expanded like I said, would add more length to hardmode, I feel like post-mech up to endgame goes way too fast.

For Ingot/Armor names, how about Chaos Armor and Bloodfury Armor? Cool idea from earlier in the thread :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom