Weapons & Equip hardmode dungeon ranger accessories

Scarecrow

Lunatic Cultist
has anyone else noticed that the skeleton snipers drops an accessory, and the commando and tactical don't?

well I thought about it, and I came up with some pretty good ideas.

first of all, I would like to make a small suggested change, that all explosive type weapons will deal self damage. there is no reason why the rocket launcher, grenade launcher and proximity mine launcher deal self damage, and the other similar weapons do not. and that brings me to the first accessory

Blast Shield
plus 4 defense
makes the player immune to self damage from explosives (this will include explosive bullets, hellfire arrows, dynamite, and bombs)
reduces damage from explosives (block) by 75%
makes the player immune to knockback
dropped by skeleton Commando

as you an see, this is a great compensation for my previous suggested change to make it a harder to use ALL explosive weapons. it comes with equal defense to the ankh shield, and gives immunity to knockback. not to mention immunity to ALL self explosive damage. the 75% resistance to explosive blocks could also open up some interesting arena designs. think of it as a ranger equivalent to the Paladin's Shield.

Bullet proof vest
plus 2 defense
10% resistance to all projectile damage
dropped by tactical skeletons

essentially this gives the player an upper hand in ranger duels, you won't be hurting as bad if you take a hit from one of those snipers with this on.

all of these are at the same drop rate as the rifle scope.

Casing Bag
10% chance to drop a empty bullet when ammo is consumed
dropped by Skeleton Commandos, Skeleton Snipers, and Tactical Skeletons

Last edited:
Kewl idea bro. I like it, tho the Ankh Shield only provides 2 defence, like the Obsidian shield. It's the Paladin's Shield that offers 6 defence.

I'm all for the muzzle break. Although it would make the chain gun insanely overpowered in my opinion.
Seal of Approval.png

Kewl idea bro. I like it, tho the Ankh Shield only provides 2 defence, like the Obsidian shield. It's the Paladin's Shield that offers 6 defence.
actually we both made a mistake, ankh shield provides 4 defense, (I forgot to change it in the OP before posting) and pally shield is 6

This is a great idea, but I think the Muzzle Break should reduce damage or something because the Chain Gun, Megashark and Gatligator would be rather OP with it. Maybe lower bullet speed? And the Blast Shield could possibly be tinkered with the Obsidian Skull. Other than those two minor issues, his is perfect and I would love to see it in-game.

removed the recoil nullification. the guns will still have recoil, but still be far more accurate than they normally are.

I don't really see much need to combine the blast shield with the obsidian skull. you can't combine the paladin's shield with the skull, so why should you be able to with the blast shield?

removed the recoil nullification. the guns will still have recoil, but still be far more accurate than they normally are.

I don't really see much need to combine the blast shield with the obsidian skull. you can't combine the paladin's shield with the skull, so why should you be able to with the blast shield?
Well it sort of makes sense. I think of the Blast shield as an alternate Ankh Shield, and the Ankh Shield gives you immunity to fiery blocks. And the Blast Shield already protects from explosions and Knockback, so why not? Maybe you could just add the resistance to the normal Blast Shield.

The muzzle break is a good idea because yes, it will increase accuracy, but you are giving up an accessory slot for this ability, which means you would lose other capabilities. I support.

Well it sort of makes sense. I think of the Blast shield as an alternate Ankh Shield, and the Ankh Shield gives you immunity to fiery blocks. And the Blast Shield already protects from explosions and Knockback, so why not? Maybe you could just add the resistance to the normal Blast Shield.
but what's preventing you from wearing both?

The Muzzle Break should have a different effect, as increased accuracy is hardly a concern due to ammo being very common, most guns being very accurate and the only ones for which it would be useful being ammo-efficient, on top of having their spread intended to be an advantage by making them more likely to hit several enemies.

The Muzzle Break should have a different effect, as increased accuracy is hardly a concern due to ammo being very common, most guns being very accurate and the only ones for which it would be useful being ammo-efficient, on top of having their spread intended to be an advantage by making them more likely to hit several enemies.
you are more likely to hit a single enemy with all the pellets. just because it's the polar opposite doesn't mean it's worse or any less of an advantage to using a shotgun.

it's also not just about conserving ammo, you lose DPS when you miss, and if your guns are more accurate, you are less likely to miss so long the player is aiming properly.

you are more likely to hit a single enemy with all the pellets. just because it's the polar opposite doesn't mean it's worse or any less of an advantage to using a shotgun.

it's also not just about conserving ammo, you lose DPS when you miss, and if your guns are more accurate, you are less likely to miss so long the player is aiming properly.
But DPS is only that important in the Moon events, where the player is swarmed and attacked by minibosses which are large enough for those guns to easily hit them without missing, and Chlorophyte Bullets already serve the same purpose.

But DPS is only that important in the Moon events, where the player is swarmed and attacked by minibosses which are large enough for those guns to easily hit them without missing, and Chlorophyte Bullets already serve the same purpose.
you think it's some coincidence that it is obtained basically right before you are intended to do moon events?

also cholrophyte bullets: aka "attacks the flocko instead of the ice queen" bullets.

Nice. Seeing that most rangers would probably keep some kind of shield on to synergize with Shroomite's effect, it would be good to see some variety in shields. Much better than keeping the difference between the Snowman Cannon and other rocket launchers so arbitrary.

I made a suggestion for a Blast Shield myself a while ago, but it was obtained much earlier, at hell-tier, since players would begin to get their first common explosive weapons around this time (hellfire arrows)

Regardless, I support the idea of some sort of blast shield.

Back
Top Bottom