Biomes & Nature Hardmode Extraction: Converted Silt/Slush

How do you like my idea about Hardmode Extraction?

• It seems bad, it wouldn't work in Terraria like this.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It seems terrible, there is no way this could ever work in Terraria.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

RunicPixels🧚🌳

Empress of Light
This is a port of my original thread on Terraria Online, see it here: "http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/hardmode-extraction-converted-silt-slush.150283/"
As you all know, the Extractinator gets kind of useless when entering the hardmode.

So I was thinking, maybe the "Spirits of the Light and Darkness" that get released when you kill Wall of Flesh are indirectly linked with the hardmode ores and the Crimson/Corruption and Hallow.

So, what about Silt (
Silt_Block.png
)
being able to be converted to Pearlsilt (
lEQsU2j.png
)
, Ebonsilt (
QcNL1lR.png
)
and Crimsilt (
G5yfxKl.png
)

And Slush (
Slush_Block.png
)
being able to be converted to Pink Slush (
rVmq7ye.png
)
, Purple Slush (
yj5XC3Z.png
)
and Red Slush (
ufTZAem.png
)
respectively. The same way other blocks get converted to their respective biome. The conversion could be done a bit slower because of balance reasons.

So what's the use of these new converted Silt/Slush blocks?
They are able to contain
Hardmode Ores, just like the fishing crates do when hardmode has been activated.

What's the reason for this?
One of Terraria's strongest points is variety, being able to get ores on a variety of ways helps to keep the pace and you never get bored scavenging your complete cavern layer for just a few Adamant or Titantium ores. Another reason is the initial purpose of the extractinator. To bring a way to get different (hardmode) ores to your world in a way beside fishing.

Why is this balanced?
In order to get these Silt blocks you have 2 choices, the most simple on is going to a converted underground biome and find the converted Silt/Slush. The somewhat harder/more effective way to farm them is to create a hardmode silt farm by placing a ton of gathered Silt down and wait for it to be converted. These two ways should be balanced and add a new reasons to explore old as well as new places as well as a reason to create a farm like this.

That's my idea for so far, someone else had this idea about extractinator upgrades which is pretty good too: Link

Extra.
Perhaps to serve as an alternative or as an inclusion Crimsilt/Red Slush could be able to contain Ichor, Ebonstilt/Purple Slush could be able to contain Cursed Flames and Pearlsilt/Pink Slush could be able to contain Crystal Shards.
Balance has to be found in using the right quantity.

It's also an idea to balance this matter by getting a single ore/gem/item per 5 silt/slush.

Another fun thing is getting an rare chance to get an an unique

Pet
Ichor Raptor from Crimsilt and Red Slush.
Pet Cursed Raptor from Ebonsilt and Purple Slush.
Pet Crystal Raptor from Pearlsilt and Pink Slush.
These pets have a slight illumination.

As I am a huge fan of The Corrosion: Link
I decided to give variants of these to my suggestion too, namely the Rotsilt (
THpQaaj.png
)
and Green Slush (
BSTFjkA.png
)

tl;dr, Add hardmode ores to the extraction table of Hallow/Corruption/Crimson converted Silt/Slush.

Last edited:
I think this would be good but could use a balancing tool. Say 5 silt + 1-3 spirits = 1 "harmode silt" and you need 5 silt for one use maybe. Maybe the extractinator uses a few resorces to "upgrade" too. Overall a decent idea tho

Not sure about silt/slush being converted (really because i use silt as a crimson barrier in my world), but I definitely agree that the extractinator's only purpose in hardmode is if you need amber.

This is a nice idea, another way to get different hardmode ores is great!
It's quite balanced and I would definitely put the effort into making a farm for this.
It would be great to see this implemented into 1.3!
ymtDVJT.gif

Not sure about silt/slush being converted (really because i use silt as a crimson barrier in my world), but I definitely agree that the extractinator's only purpose in hardmode is if you need amber.
Lol, yeah true. Maybe the developers should add a rare chance for a gem like onyx. Which can be used for hardmode staves.

The only thing i dont support is more infectible blocks. Silt/slush shouldnt be able to be corrupted/crimsoned. Other than that this is good.

The only thing i dont support is more infectible blocks. Silt/slush shouldnt be able to be corrupted/crimsoned. Other than that this is good.
Well, when your world gets to hardmode normal silt gets turned into crimsand/ebonsand/pearlsand respectively if I remember correctly anyway.
Which is pretty strange in my opinion.
I think it's not that much of a hassle since silt and slush reside in a converted biome already to begin with. And if silt doesn't get the crimson through, the stones next to it will.

Well, when your world gets to hardmode normal silt gets turned into crimsand/ebonsand/pearlsand respectively if I remember correctly anyway.
Which is pretty strange in my opinion.
I think it's not that much of a hassle since silt and slush reside in a converted biome already to begin with. And if silt doesn't get the crimson through, the stones next to it will.
Wait corruption can turn silt to ebonsand? Now i see what youre saying...

Wait corruption can turn silt to ebonsand? Now i see what youre saying...
From this site http://terraria.wiki.gg/Silt_Block
  • When the Wall of Flesh is defeated for the first time, and the "Spirits of Light and Darkness" are unleashed, Silt Blocks inside the new Corruption, Crimson, and Hallow biomes will be converted to Ebonsand/Crimsand and Pearlsand respectively, much like regular sand. After this initial conversion however, Silt Blocks are not affected by the spread of Corruption and Hallow.

Just thought I'd point out, silt gives you the pet dinosaur, not the Minotaur. So it's a bit weird that the hardmode silts would give you different Minotaurs. Other than that, it's a nice suggestion, but I've seen it done before in a better way. If I remember correctly, it was @SzGamer227 who made a better one.
Seal of Approval.png

Other than that, it's a nice suggestion, but I've seen it done before in a better way. If I remember correctly, it was @SzGamer227 who made a better one.
Mine is a way of converting one type of ore into it's alt, so it's not quite the same.

As for the idea itself, I don't see why converted silt/slush is necessary for extracting Hardmode ores. You don't need special Hardmode bait or anything to get Hardmode ores from Crates, so why do the same for Extraction?

Back
Top Bottom