Hardmode Help [PC]

Igno

Golem
Hey all! I have been playing Terraria for a few months now, and I've just started a new world and am about to get into Hardmode. I've never been in Hardmode before and want to know if any of you have any useful information/tips you can give me. For example:

I know that in pre-Hardmode, the durability/power of ores goes in this order: copper/tin, iron/lead, silver/tungsten, gold/platinum, meteorite, crimtane/demonite, hellstone. But in Hardmode, with all the new ores (like mythril/orichalcum (spelling?), cobalt, palladium, etc.), which ones are equivalent (like I know mythril and orichalcum (spelling again?) are equal), and which ones are better than others.

Anyway, that's just one example, but I need some halp! XD

For the six first HM ores:

Cobalt = Palladium
Mythril = Orichalcum
Adamantite = Titanium

At least, that's how it's supposed to be. However, you will find Armor/Weapons made out of the ores from right column to be far superior from its counterpart, especially for the armor set bonuses.

Like above. Also these alternative ores are superior to the older ones. An example is armor:

- Cobalt gives some speed boost, but nothing else. Palladium gives you a regen buff if you're attacking an enemy.
- Mythril gives some damage/speed(?) boost. Orichalcum shoots flower petals if you're attacking enemies.
- Adamantite is a small upgrade of the Mythril armor (more defense, slightly bigger stats). Titanium allows you to dodge a single attack if you're striking an enemy.

Thank you all! And especially thanks to Freenight for the suggestions. I'll check them out. The Gem Tree article seems most interesting. :)

Back
Top Bottom