Hardmode is too difficult in comparison to pre-hardmode?

Samus_

Terrarian
I was having a blast and killing creatures left and right.

I was even feeling OP... But now that I defeated the Wall of Flesh I'm getting my butt handed to me.

Wtf? hahaha

I'm creating a new world... It will be pre again, right?

Dude just create some hardmode weapons or get prehard weapons and you are save.
Its not that hard.

You can wreck mobs with the pwn
hammer.

Edit:sry if I sounded harsh

Last edited:
A couple things I highly recommend before entering Hardmode:
- Make your base safe. You could make a base in the sky so only flying enemies can get to you, or you can make pits/walls around it. Also make sure the Corruption/Crimson doesn't turn your entire home evil.
- Go mining immediatley. You're going to die (perhaps a lot) but the first bit of armor and weapons will help. Break as many Demon/Crimson Altars you can (or as many you think will suffice). You'll get a lot of ore, and you can start purifying later.

Hope that helped.

I don't know, I never had much of an issue transitioning to hardmode. I overcame hardmode rather quickly and might I add professionally. I use literally anything that will give me an advantage over the game. Maybe you should too. You have more inventory now for a reason. Food and pots.

Its not that hard.

hammer.

40 hours in and I still feel like a noob haha

I got a hammer from the Wall of Flesh, dunno if it is the hammer you're mentioning.

A couple things I highly recommend before entering Hardmode:
- Make your base safe. You could make a base in the sky so only flying enemies can get to you, or you can make pits/walls around it. Also make sure the Corruption/Crimson doesn't turn your entire home evil.
- Go mining immediatley. You're going to die (perhaps a lot) but the first bit of armor and weapons will help. Break as many Demon/Crimson Altars you can (or as many you think will suffice). You'll get a lot of ore, and you can start purifying later.

Hope that helped.

What do you mean by purifying?

40 hours in and I still feel like a noob haha

I got a hammer from the Wall of Flesh, dunno if it is the hammer you're mentioning.

What do you mean by purifying?
Yes, the hammer from the Wall of Flesh is the Pwnhammer, the one he mentioned.
Also, purifying means removing Corruption/Crimson. You can do that with items like the Clentaminator, wich you can buy from the Steampunker. The Terraria wiki also made a pretty good guide to getting started with Hardmode: http://terraria.wiki.gg/Guide:Getting_Started_with_Hardmode

Before defeating the wall of flesh there are some requirements you need if you want to survive in hard mode.
√ Molten armour
Molten_armor.png

√Fiery Greatsword
Fiery_Greatsword.png

√ Phoenix blaster only if your a ranged player
Phoenix_Blaster.png

√ Imp staff, so essential as it deals very good damage automatically even though your not a summoner class. He shoots very fast
Imp_Staff.png

Once you have obtained all these firstly the WOF battle will be easy and then hard mode will be fine.

Once you have entered hard mode, break all demon alters not just 3. The more demon alters have been broken the more hard mode ore that spawns. Then finding the first tier of hard mode ore will be easy though might take time depending on world and your luck.

Be sure that your base is secure & even have the doors a bit higher of the ground so annoying mobs and night can't open doors, normal or blood moon.

Need anymore help just ask ;)....

[doublepost=1493504189,1493504089][/doublepost]
Its not that hard.

hammer.

No offence but when you play hard mode first, you ain't gotta clue how it works. All well and good saying to this and do that when your an end-game player. He can't just magically get these things as fast you say.

Once you have entered hard mode, break all demon alters not just 3.
While it's true that this spawn more ores, this can also :red: on your world with random Corruption/Crimson spots. Better to just spend a lot of time fishing in Pre-HM and open crates in HM.

While it's true that this spawn more ores, this can also :red: on your world with random Corruption/Crimson spots. Better to just spend a lot of time fishing in Pre-HM and open crates in HM.
That can all be fixed when he progresses to a clentaminator to replace the crimson/corruption spots.
As for fishing, smart idea but I found fishing pre-hardmode and in general just very boring. But if you're in to that sort of thing. :)

That can all be fixed when he progresses to a clentaminator to replace the crimson/corruption spots.
As for fishing, smart idea but I found fishing pre-hardmode and in general just very boring. But if you're in to that sort of thing. :)

Can I fish in another world get some crates and bring them to my hardmode world and open them?

Will they have hardmode loot?

Can I fish in another world get some crates and bring them to my hardmode world and open them?

Will they have hardmode loot?
Yes.

You can also, you know, fish in the HM world unless you're having trouble with mobs.

Yes.

You can also, you know, fish in the HM world unless you're having trouble with mobs.
I believe he's having trouble in hard mode which is why he's looking for information. He should make a new world as he suggested which is pre-hardmode and fish their, transfering the crates into his hard mode world.

Yes.

I believe he's having trouble in hard mode which is why he's looking for information. He should make a new world as he suggested which is pre-hardmode and fish their, transfering the crates into his hard mode world.

Thanks for helping, guys.

I got a Hel-Fire. And thanks to its damage I'm managing to survive in hardmode.

I'm doing way better than I was in the beginning, partially I believe it was because I was a bit overwhelmed by all the changes.

Thanks for helping, guys.

I got a Hel-Fire. And thanks to its damage I'm managing to survive in hardmode.

I'm doing way better than I was in the beginning, partially I believe it was because I was a bit overwhelmed by all the changes.
No problems bro! :)

Also some last good advices.
Watch out it the night because a mechanic can spawn . They spawn pretty randomly.

Also some last good advices.
Watch out it the night because a mechanic can spawn . They spawn pretty randomly.
I think there are a few requirements, there is a 10% chance that one will randomly spawn each night after the first Demon/Crimson Altar is destroyed in a world, and each will continue to spawn randomly until it is defeated at least once.

Anyway if one does spawn and he has no chance on defeating it, he can simply exit the world and re-enter de-spawning the boss like it never had awoken. :)

Back
Top Bottom