Mobile Hardmode Nervousness

Status
Not open for further replies.

tweedius

Terrarian
Hey guys and gals,

I've recently started playing and can't put this game down. Plus, I can sit in the living room with my wife, with this version I'm playing being on mobile and not get yelled at like when I retreat to the game room to play the playstation for other games (which is a plus).

I've been reading a lot and I'm just having a hard time wanting to progress my character/world into hardmode. Losing all of my gear scares the crap out of me. I have a few questions if someone wouldn't mind?

- If I start a new world will I still be in hardmode? (Can I create a "safe" world where I can store all of my stuff?)
- Is there a good way to protect against dying?
- Is my character gone if I die in hardmode?

Thanks for your help and any tips you can share.

- a hard mode world is different than a hard core character, your character still only looses according to its type (drop money for easy, drop all items for medium core, die for hardcore)
- a new world always starts fresh
- best way to not die is to constantly upgrade your equipment as soon as you can, that being said its not always easy to do, depending on how you play the game you have many options, you can farm without dying but then your progress is limited etc. In my experience though dying is a big part of the game.

Hope this helps!

I do a lot of reading on the forums as well as the gamepedia site.

I see, so even if my world goes into hard mode, it has no bearing on the death mechanics unless I had set hardcore or mediumcore when I had created my character?

Correct. I don't think that is actually specified in very many places. I had the same worry when I first decided to try hard mode.

edit
Awesome sprite by the way.

Thanks for both! The nervousness has lifted completely now about progression through the game. I really appreciate it.

Yeah I noticed that. But there isn't a very good distinction in the terminology. Another obvious place that is hard to distinguish when searing for information is the distinction between a "brick" and a "wall." I was trying to get through a dungeon wall because there was a shiny chest past one and searching had led me to believe that you could use dynamite to blow it up, what they were talking about is the wall behind the dungeon (out of the plane of gameplay).

Don't worry about dying on softcore. You'll die a lot, but you'll only drop coins. Hardmode is hard, but not hardcore.

I play a lot of Mobile too and I know everything you need

In Terraria on the Mobile version when you unlock hardmode in your world all it does is make the game harder, but if you create a new world that world won't be in hardmode, only the world you unlocked hardmode in will have hardmode

For me the best way not to die is to die, if you are unsure on how much damage a mob does let it hurt you or kill you, that will show you how dangerous/not dangerous it is, don't worry if you die, all your items in your inventory and hot bar will not drop, that means the only thing to drop will be some coins, then like how DrPepper said practice and farm, also try to constantly upgrade your gear

NO, if you die in hardmode you respawn with everything you have except some coins, your character is not changed at all, nor deleted.

Hope this helped!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom