tModLoader Hardmode Plus Mod

Please choose one or two of the following names that you think could be a better name for this mod.

• Hardmode Plus is a good name!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hardmode Extended

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Forces of Terraria

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Terrarian Experience

• Ascension

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Eternity Endeavor

• Forsaken World

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sOvr9000

Terrarian
k6Pd8RX.png

This mod is about adding extra content to the game post-Wall of Flesh. Get ready to fight some new bosses, craft new weapons, and have a great time!

This mod can be found in and installed from the tModLoader mod browser.

Join me and the community on our Discord server! There you can propose suggestions or simply talk about things in the mod.

https://discord.gg/nkHxRMe

If this mod gets more attention, I will add much more content and start looking for help with drawing all the sprites.

91SeSke.png

Materials
Demon Horn Dropped by Wall of Flesh
Evil Sawtooth Dropped by Mechoraum
Mechanical Eye Socket Dropped by Mechoraum
Plantera Bud Dropped by Plantera

Consumables
Dragon Portal Dropped by Betsy, summons a large Dragon Curve to light for you!
Ectoplasmic Distortion Summons The Illusion
Sawblade Summons Mechoraum

IKx6sz2.png

Melee Class

Blade of Hell Shoots regular old fire balls
True Blade of Hell Crafted at a placed Living Fire Block
Razorfell Launches razor blades
Split Second Post-Moon Lord devastation
Darkspace

vvfRBGo.png

Earthen Eye
Crafted near water

oYkHylo.png

VjFY1pT.png

B5G1cC3.png

>< -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- ><
The destruction of the three mechanical contraptions has stimulated the bloodthirsty core of this entity. It will thrust hell upon the hero who managed to defeat its long-lived mechanical servants.

Alone, this metallic being hasn't much in the way of attack. However, over several millennia, it acquired and perfected the ability to materialize many things with its own matter, oftentimes with the intent of killing for coldblooded satisfaction. Never has it come across someone so... powerful.

Have you challenged its power?

It's going to find a way to terminate your viral existence.

BZn5IT2.png

kJtriYO.png

>< -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- ><
This force is all but a figment of your imagination. You've laid your eyes on the most repulsive things in the dungeon, and now it is coming after you -- all of it. Will you overcome the hallucination before it overcomes you?

Mechoraum Boss Music:

v0.0.0:
  • Added Blade of Hell
  • Added Demon Horn

v0.0.1:
  • Added True Blade of Hell

v0.0.2:
  • Introduced Mechoraum

v0.0.3:
  • Added a mod icon!

v0.0.4:
  • Changed mod icon
  • Fixed Mech's AI (it actually chases the player now)

v0.0.5:
  • Improved Mech's AI (it dashes toward the player now)

v0.0.6:
  • Mechoraum now summons minions during the fight.

v0.0.7:
  • The Sawblade item now requires souls of Might, Fright, and Sight.
  • Buffed Mechoraum slightly to be fought post-Mechanical bosses.
  • The True Blade of Hell now inflicts multiple damage-based debuffs on mechanical bosses. Just because.

v0.0.8:
  • Added Evil Sawtooth
  • Added Mechanical Eye Socket
  • Added Razorfell
  • The Wall of Flesh now drops two demon horns.
  • Two demon horns are now required to craft the Blade of Hell.
  • Slightly tweaked Mechoraum's change in behavior as its HP lowers
  • Added support for the Boss Checklist mod by jopojelly

v0.0.9:
  • Added Plantera Bud
  • Added Earthen Eye
  • Blade of Hell now shoots a fire ball
  • Added Split Second

v0.0.10:
  • The checkbox in Boss Checklist now actually gets checked when you defeat Mechoraum.
  • Decreased the size of the Evil Sawtooth sprite.
  • Decreased the size of the Mechanical Eye Socket sprite. That thing was shameful!
  • All of Mechoraum's drops are now contained in its treasure bag if the world is on expert mode.
  • Mechoraum's minions now occasionally shoot lasers at the player.
  • Recolored the sprite of Plantera Bud
v0.1.0 (19 September 2017):
  • Added The Illusion
  • Further tweaked Mechoraum's AI
  • The homing obstructed light projectiles of Split Second now ignore NPC immunity frames.
  • The overall damage of Split Second has been reduced to keep it from becoming unbalanced.
  • Smarter targeting AI in the Split Second projectiles
  • The base damage of Split Second is lower if either the Calamity, Thorium, or Sacred Tools mod is installed, for various reasons.
  • Added Dragon Portal, a gift to the special effects enthusiasts
  • The Illusion's treasure bag has mod-based drops:
    • If the Calamity mod is installed: Drops Spectre Rifle
    • If Fargo's Mutant mod is installed: Drops Unholy Trident
v0.1.1 (8 October 2017, this release is postponed until I figure out GitHub repositories...):
  • Added custom music for Mechoraum
  • Added custom music for The Illusion
  • Mechoraum now disappears if all players within its range die.
  • Mechoraum will now self-materialize Gharza, The Destroyer Afterlife, Orzithel, The Twins Afterlife, and Dijkstra, The Skeletron Afterlife when its health reaches 75%, 50%, and 25% respectively.
    • "self-materialize" - These conjurations are merely Mechoraum's cursory projections of the true mechanical forces.
  • Mechoraum itself will fire lasers at the player during the first quarter of the battle.
  • Mechoraum's Miniraums and the lasers they shoot will now actually hurt the player.
  • Mechoraum's Miniraums charge at the player less frequently.
  • Mechoraum is now slower at chasing the player.
  • Mechoraum must now be summoned at night.
  • Mechoraum is no longer a boring boss.
  • Added Darkspace
  • The damage done by Split Second projectiles now adds toward the player's displayed DPS.
  • Buffed True Blade of Hell slightly
  • Increased the number of dungeon spirit kills required to summon The Illusion after it has been defeated for the first time
v0.1.2 (6 January 2018):
  • Removed custom music for the bosses
    • It made the mod too large to be directly uploaded to the tModLoader server, and GitHub repositories are apparently something I'm not able to figure out.
  • Slightly decreased the damage of the Blade of Hell
  • Decreased the potential DPS of Split Second to about a third of what it was
  • The Illusion...
    • can no longer be fought outside of the dungeon.
    • can now be summoned with an Ectoplasmic Distortion.
    • no longer has to be defeated within a certain amount of time after summoning it.
    • has significantly less health itself.
      • So, once you destroy the figments of your imagination, you can finally eliminate the source of the illusion.

Many extra features are planned for this mod, including new accessories, armor, biomes, lore, and more!

Thank you for checking out my mod! I began developing it on September 14, 2017. :)

S☟ad☜ (Shade) - experienced sprite artist, gives me tons of feedback to improve the mod!
Matt - has been an active supporter of this mod since the very beginning

Last edited:
If not implemented already, you should add support for Boss Checklist.
The forum thread tells you how.
Nice mod otherwise though, has lots of potential :D

If not implemented already, you should add support for Boss Checklist.
The forum thread tells you how.
Nice mod otherwise though, has lots of potential :D

Thank you for the feedback! I'll go ahead and add support for the boss checklist mod.

Hey! I wanted to tell you how much I enjoy this mod! Here are my specific reasons for why:

1: Mechoraum is really tough, far tougher than the other mechanical bosses, and the weapon you can craft from its parts is pretty good!
2: The Illusion is pretty cool, and adds a fear factor to being in the dungeon!
3: I like every weapon that this mod adds to the game!

Now for some criticism and bug reports...

1: The original Blade of Hell doesn't work underwater, and I'm not sure if it's supposed to or not... It's also slightly overpowered at the point that you can craft it, so I'd increase the crafting requirements so it can be obtained after beating at least one mechanical boss.
2: It was unclear to me how to craft the true version of said weapon, since asking the guide about where to craft it shows nothing... I had to come to this page to learn how.
3: The Illusion follows you back to your spawning point without its minions, making it impossible to kill.
4: Split Second is OVERPOWERED, which wouldn't be a bad thing, except that if you're playing using mods that feature post Moon Lord content, this will likely decimate them completely, sucking some of the fun out of it... I definitely recommend much higher crafting requirements XD

Need an example of OVERPOWERED? I beat the Lunatic Cultist with one swing faster than I could say, "WOAH, THIS THING IS STRONG!"

Well, that's all I have to say about this mod! Also, I think Hardmode Plus is a good name :p

Hey! I wanted to tell you how much I enjoy this mod! Here are my specific reasons for why:

1: Mechoraum is really tough, far tougher than the other mechanical bosses, and the weapon you can craft from its parts is pretty good!
2: The Illusion is pretty cool, and adds a fear factor to being in the dungeon!
3: I like every weapon that this mod adds to the game!

Now for some criticism and bug reports...

1: The original Blade of Hell doesn't work underwater, and I'm not sure if it's supposed to or not... It's also slightly overpowered at the point that you can craft it, so I'd increase the crafting requirements so it can be obtained after beating at least one mechanical boss.
2: It was unclear to me how to craft the true version of said weapon, since asking the guide about where to craft it shows nothing... I had to come to this page to learn how.
3: The Illusion follows you back to your spawning point without its minions, making it impossible to kill.
4: Split Second is OVERPOWERED, which wouldn't be a bad thing, except that if you're playing using mods that feature post Moon Lord content, this will likely decimate them completely, sucking some of the fun out of it... I definitely recommend much higher crafting requirements XD

Need an example of OVERPOWERED? I beat the Lunatic Cultist with one swing faster than I could say, "WOAH, THIS THING IS STRONG!"

Well, that's all I have to say about this mod! Also, I think Hardmode Plus is a good name :p
Yeah, I designed Split Second to be overpowered on purpose. However, I would like to keep it from being stupidly, unnecessarily overpowered.
The Blade of Hell is the first tier in its line of progression, and it is absolutely meant to be attained immediately after entering hardmode. Its inability to cast fireballs underwater is not a bug.
I try to keep things in this mod as unique as I possibly can from other mods, so that's why I made it so that the True Blade of Hell must be crafted at a living fire block.

for some reason i can not make the true blade of hell, there's no object needed to craft it, when i go to the guide its just blank

Will this mod be continued? I want to see what could happen next...

In the event that it will be, I remember the afterlives remaining invincible and attacking me and my friend after defeating Mechoraum...

Back
Top Bottom