Weapons & Equip Hardmode single and individual latch Hooks

Alaron

Terrarian
First off, a link to the official wiki for your convenience: http://terraria.wiki.gg/Hooks

I don't know about you, but unless I'm building I find simultaneous latching on grappling hooks to be more annoying than useful. But the Dual Hook is the sole Hardmode hook without it, and it has worse stats than every other hardmode hook. Here a few ideas I came up with for new hooks, though the stats are largely taken from existing hooks (because I'm not that good at balance).

Captain's Hook
5% drop from Pirate Captain
Reach: 30 tiles
Velocity: 15
Hooks: 1
Latching type: Single
Sell: 8 gold
Rarity: Light Purple

Functionally this is equivalent to the hooks from the biome Mimics, aside from being single latch. It looks like a stereotypical hook hand, and the chain is made of rope.

Hand Hook (needs better name, ideas welcome)
2.5% drop from Severed Hand
Reach: 35 tiles
Velocity: 15.5
Hooks: 1
Latching type: Single
Sell: 4 gold
Rarity: Light Purple

This one shoots out a Severed Hand as the "hook", but it lacks a chain. After the Hand grabs a block, the player is simply pulled to it.

Beetle Hook
Crafted at a Mythril/Orichalum Anvil from 6 Beetle Husks
Velocity 15.5
Hooks: 2
Latching type: Individual
Sell: 4 gold
Rarity: Lime

The hook is the head of a Hercules beetle. The chain looks like it's made of Hercules Beetle carapaces.

Repulsor Hook (needs better name, ideas welcome)
Crafted at a Mythril/Orichalcum Anvil from 20 Martian Conduit Plating and 20 Souls of Flight
Reach: 31 tiles
Velocity: 14
Sell: 1 gold
Rarity: Lime

This hook has the same abilities and appearance as the Anti-Gravity Hook.

Nebula/Solar/Stardust/Vortex Hook
Crafted at an Ancient Manipulator from 12 of the appropriate Fragment
Velocity: 16
Sell: 5 gold
Rarity: Red

These four hooks are all essentially the same thing-- a individual latch version of the Lunar Hook. Each looks identical to the respective hook from the Lunar Hook.

I'd love to hear what people think about these hooks, and about the idea of having more individual and single latch hooks in general. Also, balance suggestions would be very helpful.

Back
Top Bottom