NPCs & Enemies Hardmode Slime Rain Boss (Post Plantera) w/ post Plantera slime items

GIRGHGH

Empress of Light
You get out your Fetid Baghnakhs, you slay the plant beast, you collect your loot! Then out of nowhere: a slime rain? You return to the surface and you start killing slimes left and right. Then out of nowhere, again, one of the slimey clouds drops from the sky! Behold: The slimephoon!!!
(My Terrible sprite):
slime_cloud_by_girghgh-d98aj6d.png

Slimephoon: Mystical slime beast from the sky! This is a large cloud enemy that spawns slime and rains streams of slime (like from the slime gun). It acts similar to king slime when it gets hit and when it dies, a shower of slimes!
Health: (Around) 3000
Defense: (Maybe) 15
AI: Angry Nimbus/Flying Dutchman
Drops: Same as the slime king with some new additions

Note: Can go through blocks but will not drop slimes inside blocks or rain slime inside blocks.

Gelatinator: Sells for 4 gold
Gel as amo
38 ranged damage
fast speed
average knockback
8% critical strike chance
Fires a gel glob that works similarly to cursed darts (in gel form)
Falling gel globs can stick to enemies similarly to bone javelins [2-12 dps (stacks 6 times)]
Rate of fire slows as you attack (minus 0.25% per shot?)

Gel Whip: Sells for 4 gold
53 melee damage
very fast speed
weak knockback
4% critical strike chance
Throws a whip with a gel glob on the end that sticks to enemies for a half damage tick at the rate of deployment
Works like chain guillotines if clicked rather than held down

Ultra Slime vial: Sells for 6 gold
Material
Equipable

Slime staff summons two double sized, 5tuple damage slimes with spikes
|
Ultra Royal gel: made from Royal gel and ^^^
Equipable
Royal gel and ultra slime vial effects

Slime Relocation Cannon: sells for 4 gold
67 magic damage
slow speed
strong knockback
8% critical strike chance
Costs 30 mana
Fires a slime (common spawns for purity surface/prehardmode purity underground) that moves like expert mode Plantera spiky balls
pierces 5 enemies, bounces 25 times
If a slime is nearby, the slime will disappear and your cannon will fire it, only using 3 mana; Rules below
Will not fire mother slimes or any slime like it
if it is spiky it will explode into shrapnel on impact with enemies
Pinky can be fired 15 times in a row. It has higher velocity and and bounces higher and faster every time. Infinite, pierce 5 bounces
Rainbow slimes can be used 5 times in a row and shoot multi colored disco lasers (1/3 damage);drops rainbow bricks like the above note
Toxic Sludges inflict poison
lava slimes inflict on fire
Slimelings inflict venom
Slimes containing items will give you the item upon launch
Will not fire king slime
Will not fire the subject of this thread
Will not drop items from slimes (money, rare drops that aren't visible, gel, mana stars, and hearts)

Other notes:
-all stats subject to change
-name subject to chance
-spawning circumstance subject to change.
-sprite would be appreciated

Last edited:
Yes! We need this in our lives!!! Slime rain is so bad once you get into hardmode.. One thing though, if you have beaten plantera, and you get all that good loot. Make the HP on the boss a LOT higher, like 20k health or something, 3k is too little :)

Don't get me wrong, the concept is pretty good. Slime rain has no additional enemies in HM as opposed to Goblin Invasion, so adding something here would be a good idea, but... I can't completely agree with your ideas, at least with not all of them.
Slimephoon would be a pain in the arse to deal with, due to its size. If it's supposed to spawn even in early Hardmode, then a huge slime randomly flying into your home of flying NPCS would be really annoying. Goblin Summoner has something like that and it's clearly too powerful at start of HM, but you at least get to know when the Invasion comes, while Slime Rain is sudden. So no going through blocks, please.
Items seem ok, with exception for Slime Relocation Cannon, which uses too much mechanics and I don't think those would be possible in this game without changing some code. Unless slimes were to be harvested or somehow crafted. Apart from that, I could support.

Don't get me wrong, the concept is pretty good. Slime rain has no additional enemies in HM as opposed to Goblin Invasion, so adding something here would be a good idea, but... I can't completely agree with your ideas, at least with not all of them.
Slimephoon would be a pain in the arse to deal with, due to its size. If it's supposed to spawn even in early Hardmode, then a huge slime randomly flying into your home of flying NPCS would be really annoying. Goblin Summoner has something like that and it's clearly too powerful at start of HM, but you at least get to know when the Invasion comes, while Slime Rain is sudden. So no going through blocks, please.
Items seem ok, with exception for Slime Relocation Cannon, which uses too much mechanics and I don't think those would be possible in this game without changing some code. Unless slimes were to be harvested or somehow crafted. Apart from that, I could support.
This is all post plantera, you shouldn't have any problem with enemies in events that go through walls: Mothron from solar eclipse for example. Also, what does size have to do with difficulty? Shouldn't a larger hit box make it easier to hit?

This is all post plantera, you shouldn't have any problem with enemies in events that go through walls: Mothron from solar eclipse for example. Also, what does size have to do with difficulty? Shouldn't a larger hit box make it easier to hit?
Huge hitbox makes it hit NPC's easier. Mothron isn't even that big.

Huge hitbox makes it hit NPC's easier. Mothron isn't even that big.
Why would you fight this in your house? NVM, it doesn't charge like mothron does and I haven't even given it a damage stat.
Edit: Btw, how much damage should it do?

Oh, didn't notice the lacks of damage, but it still should have some, in that case flying into house would be a bit... inconvenient... And some people either prefer to stay home or that slime could appear too fast, when you just were busy in your building. Back to the damage itself - something around 80 if it doesn't move through blocks, if it does - 70.

Oh, didn't notice the lacks of damage, but it still should have some, in that case flying into house would be a bit... inconvenient... And some people either prefer to stay home or that slime could appear too fast, when you just were busy in your building. Back to the damage itself - something around 80 if it doesn't move through blocks, if it does - 70.
It generally hovers above you rather than going into the room you are it. In that sense it's like the martian saucer. The damage comes from the slime gun like streams that it fires similarly to an Ichor Sticker. The attack itself doesn't go through walls.

Back
Top Bottom