Hardmode Tips and Tricks

- The arms dealer sells now a shotgun. Which you can use as your first weapon.
- to spawn new hardmode ores in the world, you'll have to break at least 3 demon/crimson altars. But to mine these, you'll need either a molten pickaxe or a reaver shark.
- several cool weapons can be found in the underground Ice biome.
- be aware that the corruption/crimson and hallow will spread. But you can get souls from underground hallow or corruption/crimson enemies to craft weapons as well.
- high in the skies is a wyvern miniboss, defeating them gives you special souls to make wings out of it.
- if you discover any new materials, bring them to the guide. He can tell you what kind of gear you can make from it through the 'crafting' tab.

Something I would suggest doing early on is using hallowed and holy water to spread the Hallow around your jungle. Leaving your jungle unprotected will leave it vulnerable to the evil biomes. The Hallow is unable to take over the jungle and will stop the crimson/corruption from ruining it.

If you haven’t already, make sure you also build houses for the Truffle and the Witch Doctor in their respective biomes, that way you will be able to buy some useful items.

Other notes:
-avoid the hallow due to unicorns, although rapid fire weapons stunlock them
-be sure to get palladium/cobalt asap so you can mine orichalcum/mithril, which in turn mines titanium/adamantite
-make a mithril/orichalcum anvil asap
-make a titanium/adamatite forge asap
-cursed weapons yield bars of a hardmode ore

try to find all the demon altars in the world ASAP, then get to the underworld and check for titanium / adamantite. Make some of the armor and weapons, then get the materials to fight the Destroyer, in my opinion, the easiest hardmode boss.

for the destroyer u can use fireworks and blow him up. This kills him very easily. :)

Back
Top Bottom