PC Hardmode "V" projection for this map

@W1K , so the possible area coverage, both minimum and maximum, would look something like this?

w1kprediction.png

I just tried defeating the WoF just to see the possible result of going into hardmode. I backed up a copy of the world and then killed the WoF... and I found out that with my gear and my Hell Bridge I can actually kill it before we even move 1/4th of the map. If the result will remain the same every time then my Hallow will hit the Jungle, and therefore only hit two floating islands while the Crimson will eat more of the Snow biome. If it were reversed then my Jungle will be screwed big time.

To be honest, without TEdit, your world will be screwed no matter what. Every demon altar smashed can spawn new ebonstone/crimstone/pearlstone SOMEWHERE in the world; which WILL grow out of control. Clearing out just one of those Crimson tunnels will create splotches of Crimson and Hallow everywhere, good luck finding them BEFORE they grow out of control. Whats worse, is that crimson and hallow will spread like mad until Plantera is defeated, making those tiny bits grow into monsters very fast.

Easy solution to that:

Make two worlds.

Get the hardmode ore armor on a throw-away world, and don't smash any demon/blood altars in the world you want to keep.

I actually decided to keep my hardmode world. The Hallow is controlled by the Jungle so I feel a lot more comfortable focusing my efforts on just the Crimson. Of course I haven't broken any altars yet so I don't know how bad it will be. Anyway, the projection I worked out with @W1K 's data seems good.

Easy solution to that:

Make two worlds.

Get the hardmode ore armor on a throw-away world, and don't smash any demon/blood altars in the world you want to keep.

Well, considering it is mandatory to make two worlds if you want both the Knives and the Scourge anyways, not such a "hacky" thing to be honest. Just make a decision while you explore both worlds before hardmode which one you feel is the best layout to be your "main", and get the HM Ore Armor in the other one, lol.

Now if you really wanted to cheap the game, you could instead fish up a gazillion crates, stash em and open them in HM to get the Ore Armor on day one of Hardmode. Now that is a "hacky" solution, IMO.

Well i created a new world and used Terraria Inventory Editor to give myself the terra blade (did this just for the 'v' test) then i backed up the world and defeated the WoF. I used terraria map viewer to see where the crimson and hallow spread. Then i repeated this 29 more times and i noticed that sometimes it spawns above the wof's death , sometimes random.

Well i created a new world and used Terraria Inventory Editor to give myself the terra blade (did this just for the 'v' test) then i backed up the world and defeated the WoF. I used terraria map viewer to see where the crimson and hallow spread. Then i repeated this 29 more times and i noticed that sometimes it spawns above the wof's death , sometimes random.
I highly doubt it would spawn on WoF'S death if ou tried it on the edges of the world. I supposed you tested it nearby the middle?

Yes i tested near the middle

Edit:Once the hallow was on the right ocean biome and the crimson was on the left oceon biome

My own experiences have found it to be entirely random. It seems to always start from the center of the world, but at varying degrees. sometimes it can be as low as 20 degrees or as high as 60 degrees (assuming that straight up is 0). And the two parts of the V don't always have to be the same (one could be 20 degrees, the other 60). But if you trace the line, it usually ends up to near the center within 10% or so. At least that's how it was for the last.... I don't know how many playthroughs during 1.3.

Just now i killed the wof on my favourite world and GUESSE WHAT! I don't know how but it said the spirits of light and darkness have been released but NO V or X or \/ appeared!

Edit: Must be a bug or a glitch so i used a map editor to contain a new hallow.

Just now i killed the wof on my favourite world and GUESSE WHAT! I don't know how but it said the spirits of light and darkness have been released but NO V or X or \/ appeared!

Edit: Must be a bug or a glitch so i used a map editor to contain a new hallow.

You sure there was no V spread? Sometimes Corruption/Crimson will hit existing Corruption/Crimson areas on the surface so it LOOKS like there's no new Corruption/Crimson, but if you go far enough underground, you'll see it.

As for Hallow, sometimes Hallow will go through the Frozen biome and if there's a lot of snow and very little ice on the surface, you won't notice it by exploring the surface; you gotta go underground for that.

Also check the jungle. Two of my maps have barely any Hallow, because it just appeared where the jungle was, barely affecting it.

Yeah, I forgot to mention this. If a V goes through the Jungle, you will barely see or notice it, especially since the Jungle tends to extend all the way down to the underworld.

There's also the dungeon too. I had one map in which a V cut partially through the dungeon and as a result I had very little hallow in that map too. Thankfully, it hit a little bit of sand next to the dungeon entrance and I took some of that pearlsand and spread it to one of the deserts in the world so I could at least do a hallow farm.

You sure there was no V spread? Sometimes Corruption/Crimson will hit existing Corruption/Crimson areas on the surface so it LOOKS like there's no new Corruption/Crimson, but if you go far enough underground, you'll see it.

As for Hallow, sometimes Hallow will go through the Frozen biome and if there's a lot of snow and very little ice on the surface, you won't notice it by exploring the surface; you gotta go underground for that.

I USED A MAP VIEWER SO I WOULD KNOW

i am sure there was no v

Back
Top Bottom