Hardmode Vs Pre-Hardmode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vampirezero7

The Destroyer
I was wondering what everyones favourite part of Terraria was?

My personal favourite is that feeling you get opening up a brand new world, collecting ores, making your first grapple hook, building a house, etc.

But Hardmode is also very fun and exciting to play because of all the new ores and bosses.

So what do you prefer?

My favorite thing is when I've started a new world and I travel all the way across one side of the world with no Crimson/corruption anywhere and than I get back to spawn, walk 100 blocks the other direction and freak out because I see red grass and a face monster!! That just causes me to freak out, but it is kind of fun:happy:

My favorite thing is when I've started a new world and I travel all the way across one side of the world with no Crimson/corruption anywhere and than I get back to spawn, walk 100 blocks the other direction and freak out because I see red grass and a face monster!! That just causes me to freak out, but it is kind of fun:happy:
Haha, I know right :p I also love when you find a desert temple and it's got an amazing sandstorm in a bottle in it :p

PHM has all the wonders of exploring new places, always having a new place to go, and new challenges to overcome. Once HM hits, the only thing left unexplored is the jungle temple, and some retreading of old places. Sure, you get some crazy power and all that, but its so much emptier.

I think my favorite time in Terraria is in the past.
The thrill of being in the caves and finding a big vain of copper ore, going out of my way to mine every single last bit of that vain, and the 3 iron ore all the way across my screen through a butt load of stone.

Now that I'm more experience with the game, I don't need copper. I just go straight to Cactus armor, then what ever specialization set im going for. Not too different with tools, I go for a cactus pick, then platinum/gold if not straight to Demon/Crimson pick.
I dont dig through an absolute tone of stone to get 7 copper ore any more. If theres a big vain exposed I might grab it, but thats just it, might. You dont need copper for almost anything, its the same with iron, silver and gold at a point.

I know it was a complete pain in the :red: to accomplish, but I kinda liked when getting Hellstone armor required a gold set, when Jungle required a silver set. Sure it took a while, but it gave more of an insentive to go and mine every last ore you find in those caves.

I always look forward to getting the Hallow to spawn. Most of the time I even purposely make it so my base is in the hallow so that corruption/crimson doesn't take over.

Another thing, I (wiordly) like it when I step on an explosive trap and it gives me a heart attack! It's also fun when I accidentally fall down in the dungeon, I get out ok hoping HE didn't spawn, I walk three steps, and death... I know, I'm wiord:p

Another thing, I (wiordly) like it when I step on an explosive trap and it gives me a heart attack! It's also fun when I accidentally fall down in the dungeon, I get out ok hoping HE didn't spawn, I walk three steps, and death... I know, I'm wiord:p
Explosive trap is the best feeling in the world xD

Not when your playing hardcore though, they'll kill a hardmode hardcore character in full turtle armor >.<

I love starting new games as different classes and just see how much time it takes to reach lategame

I think the most exciting part is the beggining of the game: Exploring the surface, finding living trees, entering caves for the first time... It's all so exciting and you keep looking forward to what you will find next.

I would have to say Hardmode. That feeling you get when you defeat one of the bosses for the first time, finding the biome chests in the dungeon, it is really fun.

I love hardmode. The new mobs and items (not to mention events) are really cool and provide a nice variety from the Pre items.

I prefer to set up my gears and get ready to kill Plantera. It's my favorite period in the game.

Edit: In my opinion, the pre-hardmode is a thousand times better than the hardmode in PvP.

I'm not sure what section of the game I like more. Normal mode has all of the juicy exploration, but hardmode starts getting interesting with the combat.

On a side note, the beginning of each mode is annoying. A fresh character doesn't have the tools to properly explore or fight anything. An early hardmode character basically has to run from everything, or hope nothing comes by to help out the hardmode enemy you're trying to slowly poke to death.

for combat hardmode is best but prehardmode has its place I lean towards hardmode nowadays because you have more options but Terraia is both not just one so they can't be separated... only shame is when corruption/crimson cut through the jungle destroying it... -_-

One of the most exciting part is when you find a Desert Temple with a Warding Sandstorm in a Bottle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom