hardmode

zaccsi

Terrarian
so, i have a hardmode world, where i've got full adamantit armor, idk what kind of weapons i should use bc i am struglin to kill any bosses, i also just get killed a lot in biomes like dessert and crimson. do u guys have any recomondations for what kind of weapons i should use?

Hmm... Well, you're kind of all over the place right now >.< but it looks to me, by the fact that you chose helmet, you could go for melee. With a summon weapon for cover, you could be a hybrid summoner, but I'm not keen on how hybridization works. I've some tips for you:
  1. The Underworld does not gain any new enemies until a Mechanical boss is defeated. This makes it relatively safe to stay down there and farm for a Hel-Fire, an ok yoyo which can aid you well. For a more slightly powerful alternative, farm enemies in the Snow biome for an Amarok. Both are yoyos with rather low drop chances, so that's totally RNG.
  2. The Snow biome's Hardmode enemies can also yield an Ice Sickle.
  3. If you have a Wooden Yoyo, you can always take that, get some simple materials from the Hallow (and maybe its underground variant) and craft a Chik. Probably not as good as the two above yoyos, but solid and easily available.
  4. Fishing in the Crimson/perhaps Underground Crimson is dangerous, but could yield a Bladetongue.
  5. Defeating a Goblin Summoner, a powerful enemy (may be hard for new Hardmode characters, beware!) in the Goblin Army has a chance to yield a Shadowflame Knife.
  6. Defeating a Crimson Mimic is very hard for new Hardmode characters. I don't recommend fighting them - go for the other options listed - but if you do manage to defeat one, one of its possible drops is the Fetid Baghnakhs, a powerful choice. If a Hallow Mimic is defeated instead, it might drop a Flying Knife. Again, I don't recommend deliberately attacking a Biome Mimic - they are very strong.
  7. Blood Eels are a very strong (stronger than Wyverns!) worm-type enemy spawned by fishing during Blood Moons. If you manage to beat one (again, can be quite hard) you might get a Drippler Crippler, a good flail.
  8. Defeating a Clown, a dangerous Hardmode Blood Moon enemy, can yield Bananarangs.
  9. Buying things is always an option. Keep on the lookout for good stuff from Traveling Merchants.​
I've basically just explained everything in the Pre-Mech Boss section of the guide above. These should be pretty solid melee choices, though, so try some out, and good luck!

so, i have a hardmode world, where i've got full adamantit armor, idk what kind of weapons i should use bc i am struglin to kill any bosses, i also just get killed a lot in biomes like dessert and crimson. do u guys have any recomondations for what kind of weapons i should use?

The desert and the crimson are some of the harder biomes in hardmode. A good place to start would be the surface or underground/cavern layer.

It really does depend on how you want to play. There's a number of useful items right off the bat you can get early on in hardmode:

- Melee = Hel-fire or Amarok. These are biome drops from monsters, Hell/Ice respectively. I'd also recommend the yoyo accessories for these the yoyo glove if you can.
- Magic = Golden Shower, Flamelash, Magic Dagger
- Ranged = These take a bit more time to get. Uzi, Onyx Blaster are a couple available earlier on. Clockwork assault rifle used to be serviceable but they nerfed it.
- Summon = Find spiders and kill them. You'll probably have to utilize some other weapons for a while until you do this.

Hmm... Well, you're kind of all over the place right now >.< but it looks to me, by the fact that you chose helmet, you could go for melee. With a summon weapon for cover, you could be a hybrid summoner, but I'm not keen on how hybridization works. I've some tips for you:
  1. The Underworld does not gain any new enemies until a Mechanical boss is defeated. This makes it relatively safe to stay down there and farm for a Hel-Fire, an ok yoyo which can aid you well. For a more slightly powerful alternative, farm enemies in the Snow biome for an Amarok. Both are yoyos with rather low drop chances, so that's totally RNG.
  2. The Snow biome's Hardmode enemies can also yield an Ice Sickle.
  3. If you have a Wooden Yoyo, you can always take that, get some simple materials from the Hallow (and maybe its underground variant) and craft a Chik. Probably not as good as the two above yoyos, but solid and easily available.
  4. Fishing in the Crimson/perhaps Underground Crimson is dangerous, but could yield a Bladetongue.
  5. Defeating a Goblin Summoner, a powerful enemy (may be hard for new Hardmode characters, beware!) in the Goblin Army has a chance to yield a Shadowflame Knife.
  6. Defeating a Crimson Mimic is very hard for new Hardmode characters. I don't recommend fighting them - go for the other options listed - but if you do manage to defeat one, one of its possible drops is the Fetid Baghnakhs, a powerful choice. If a Hallow Mimic is defeated instead, it might drop a Flying Knife. Again, I don't recommend deliberately attacking a Biome Mimic - they are very strong.
  7. Blood Eels are a very strong (stronger than Wyverns!) worm-type enemy spawned by fishing during Blood Moons. If you manage to beat one (again, can be quite hard) you might get a Drippler Crippler, a good flail.
  8. Defeating a Clown, a dangerous Hardmode Blood Moon enemy, can yield Bananarangs.
  9. Buying things is always an option. Keep on the lookout for good stuff from Traveling Merchants.​
I've basically just explained everything in the Pre-Mech Boss section of the guide above. These should be pretty solid melee choices, though, so try some out, and good luck!
i already have the hel-Fire and the Amarok, never tried them dou. i'll see if i like them

Back
Top Bottom