NPCs & Enemies Harmful NPCs

Traloc_Dheckoa

Terrarian
Everyone thinks of NPCs as helpful and useful characters-no one thinks of them as "harmful."(Except maybe Old Man?) That gave me the idea to make this suggestion:Harmful NPCs!

TheifSelf.png

The disguised thief appears in the underground and on first appearance, looks like a skeleton merchant. But you can tell if it is a skeleton merchant or not by looking at its eyes. If it's a skeleton merchant, it'll have red eyes. Alternatively, if it's a disguised thief, it'll have purple eyes. When talked to, it will reveal its true form as a thief, cackle once, and disappear, stealing half of your money.
SkeletonImposter.png
{The purple-eyed "Skeleton Merchant"}

Snowman.png

The Snowman is a Town NPC that spawns after the frost legion has been defeated. It moves around, generating snow blocks wherever it goes. It has a few quotes, but it doesn't sell anything or do anything else.
"Howdy! I'm (Snowman name)! (Snowman name) the snowman!"(Reference to Flowey from Undertale)
"You like snow? Here's some snow!"
"Snow, snow, snow, snow everywhere! Wait, is it because of me?"
"Look at everyone tripping over the snow! Idiots, huh?"
"I used to have an explosive thing on my head, but I threw it away for safety."(Reference to the Exploding Snowman)
"Everyone's giving me a dirty look lately, I think it's because they're so jealous of my wonderful scarf."
Merchant: "Urgh! That stupid snowman got snow all over my stuff!"
Arms Dealer: "Why is there snow in my gun?"
Dryad: "(Snowman name)'s snow just might be worse than the corruption."
Olaf(Reference to Frozen)
Mister Snowy(Reference to Mister Stabby)
Snowson
Sir Ran-snow-lot
Snowman
Snow Balla Jr.
Snow Gangsta the Second

Harpy Emperor.png

The Harpy Emperor sometimes appear with a locked skyware chest in a floating island. Upon speaking to the Harpy Emperor and choosing the "Challenge" option, the Harpy Emperor turns into a mini boss, Emperor Harpy the Massive.
Emperor_Harpy_The_Massive.png

HP: 1000
Damage: (Feather)20, (Melee)30
Defense: 0
Drops: 1 Skyware Chest Key
"I, as the guardian of this floating island, will protect this chest!"
"You want the loot? Well, first you'll have to get through me."
"No Pain, No Gain as people say so."
"Come, let the battle begin!"
"What're you waiting for?"(After defeated once)
"You killed both of my parents...I will have revenge."(After defeated twice)
"I know you're very strong, but I will not turn my back."
Harpy Emperor

Last edited:
Idk know about the thief one, It would be kinda difficult to tell his eye color in the dark and most people wouldn't notice if he had a different eye color, The rest are fine though.

No to the Snowman - people don't like their worlds being modified outside of their control.

The problem with 'harmful' NPCs is just like the Lost Girl: You'll be surprised once and then never again after it. They just become another enemy. Something like the Thief / Skeleton Merchant could work if there were more NPCs that were spread out.

Back
Top Bottom