Harpies not Spawning on Specific World

BladeOfDismay

Terrarian
My friend and I are trying to farm Harpies to get some early wings. We only have a few mods installed, and have determined that none of them are the issue, as Harpies will spawn in other worlds with them on, and still won't spawn in our world with them off. We have built up to the build limit, and waited with a Battle Potion, and nothing would spawn except for the occasional Slime or other ground enemy on our platform. On other worlds, they spawn just fine. Have they somehow been disabled on our world or something like that?

Where are you trying to spawn them? In normal mode harpies won't spawn about 400 blocks in each direction from the center, could that be it?

I see. I confused normal mode (as in pre-hardmode) with normal mode (as in non-expert mode).
Ah, I didn't think of it that way, my bad. I never play expert, maybe that's why.

I hope that whole conversation helps OP in any way.

The issue has since been resolved, but not fully. We built a rope straight up to nearly the top of the world, with platforms, right next to our hotel. Harpies never spawned up there and still refuse to, even with a Water Candle/Battle Potion. After I built a skybridge, I noticed that if I went outside the forest biome (the one we spawned in) while up there, they would spawn normally.

The issue has since been resolved, but not fully. We built a rope straight up to nearly the top of the world, with platforms, right next to our hotel. Harpies never spawned up there and still refuse to, even with a Water Candle/Battle Potion. After I built a skybridge, I noticed that if I went outside the forest biome (the one we spawned in) while up there, they would spawn normally.

Take this quote from the wiki:
Prior to Hardmode, they cannot spawn on the horizontal middle of the map, around an area equal to one tenth of its complete length. This restriction is removed in Hardmode.

Take this quote from the wiki:

Prior to Hardmode, they cannot spawn on the horizontal middle of the map, around an area equal to one tenth of its complete length. This restriction is removed in Hardmode.

I have literally NO idea what you mean by the quote:

That means that before you defeated the Wall of Flesh, harpies will not spawn in an area that equals 10% of the map size, centered on your spawn point. On a large map, this means 420 blocks in either direction (840 feet), you won't find any harpies in the skies. In hardmode, harpies can spawn in that formerly protected area.

Sorry for necro but Lavendarjosh mess up a very important information , wiki say :
" Prior to Hardmode, they cannot spawn in the vertical section of the map centered around the player's spawn point "

Idk why he wrote "horizontal".

Sorry for necro but Lavendarjosh mess up a very important information , wiki say :
" Prior to Hardmode, they cannot spawn in the vertical section of the map centered around the player's spawn point "

Idk why he wrote "horizontal".
I'm fairly sure I copied that passage directly from the wiki back then. I don't know if it only protected the original player spawn point (which is dead center) originally, but with the current wording it seems like it would protect the area around whichever spawn point you set. I always keep my spawn points in the middle, so I wouldn't know any better :p

Infact (IMO) it mean they don't spawn in the green area (so vertical) like here :
1600443764177.png

Also no worry , maybe the wiki had wrong info at the moment you copy pasted them ^^

Btw if i said that in my first post , it was for correct something , not to be rude ^^ , infact i've find this topic because i didnt know why they didnt spawn in my current world (and i'm above my map spawn so...) while making a fallen star hoik block system.

@[✚] Dr.Shadox

No offense taken. I'm not sure why the wording was changed, in the end it doesn't matter if it's horizontal or vertical, it simply concerns the sky/space layer above your spawn, in an area that's 5% of the total map size (horizontally) in either direction. The thing that likely changed is that the spawn point in question is no longer limited to the horizontal middle of the map (if it even has been in the first place).

Back
Top Bottom