Has anyone bought a new computer and been hurt?

Food Barbarian

Terrarian
Re-Logic
I just bought from ibuypower.com last week and am totally getting the no help from them at all on the defective product they shipped me. Just want to know if anyone else has been boned by an online computer purchase. I bought a Gamer Paladin D897 from them and the graphics card was bad and they wanted to charge me for a new card to send a replacement out. Im hurtin bad. So hurtful. I dont know what I should do. Honestly I dont want to give them any money at all because their Customer Service is so bad. What is your story? let me know below!

From what I can tell, that computer should have a 3 year warranty from ibuypower. I'm assuming this PC isn't more than 3 years old, so it should be covered no questions asked. I would skip CS and speak with a manager or someone higher.

To stay on topic, I haven't ever personally bought a fully built PC online. I've always built my own. I've had issues with some components in the past, but the customer service for those websites was always top notch and I got a replacement fairly quickly.

Yea, its under warranty. And that's what I did only the first person I talked to said they were a manager. I was like no thank you let me speak to someone else and the same run around. Their "policies" are just aweful if they are real. I will never pay for pre-build again. Making your own is the only way to go for me from now on.

I assumed this meant physically hurt, like it exploding or something.

I bought a top of the line laptop eons ago for uni work, turned out that the Nvidia card in it, every single card in that line had an overheat problem. I couldnt even play Sims 2 for long on that, or ANY 3D game for long, it would just shut off from too much heat. That was..very painful. As was the massive hole in my funds that I'd never get back.

Examples like these are why I learnt to build my own computers - I'm not going to buy another Happy Meal PC ever (which is what I call store-bought PCs, you can't ever know what's really inside until you buy it.) Back when I was a teen, I got several cases of "what the :red: did I even buy?"

It wouldnt be that big a deal if they just had better customer service. Having to pay for something that I didnt do is on the top ten of things that displease me the most.
1. People that mess with my friends.
2. Bad cooking.
3. The drunk person at the party that is just "so cool" they cant help but to one up you for every story that is told.
4. Bad customer service.
5. Paying for things I didnt do.
6. Bad cooking, its gotta be on there twice!
7. Being awoken by being hit in the face or any other part of the body that would be considered violent.
8. Loki making a conversation last into the weeee mornin. :)
9. Getting in trouble for telling the truth. Im kinda blunt about stuff.
10. Good food that cost too much for how much it cost to make it.

I may rethink this list after some time. :)

I don't know, I'd have to know you personally to figure out whether I should do it purposely.

Chances are, no.

If I ever ruin food, it's on purpose.

I mean, to me, ruining someone's food is worse than a simple ":red: you."

"You burnt my village, kidnapped my sister, killed my dog and left me for dead. I was going to let all that slip, but then I noticed you had put mayonnaise in my soup. I will kill you for that."

I'm not very creative with food. It's mostly meat and bread with chips I suppose. Chips as in 'french fries', for you American folk. I do like my fruit though.

But yes, I also share that line of thought. Worst part being, one of my brother (who is pretty arrogant) thinks he is a great cook. Then when I tell him what he did wrong (chips undercooked which are disgusting), he refuses to admit it. And then gets severely offended and pissed off because I refuse to eat what he cooked because he did me a 'favour'. Yes, if giving me food poisoning is your definition of a 'favour'.

mayonnaise goes well with everything

Never understood the deal with mayonnaise.

Back
Top Bottom