Has Journey's End shifted Terraria too far into removing player freedom?

Can you please explain to me how I am supposed to call a user who purposefully posts false facts with a malicious intent to prove his opinion?
It is a genuine question. Everywhere else on the internet such people are called trolls. What is the term for this here, so I know how to handle them in the future. I obviously cannot report such a person, because the rules do not forbid the posting of malicious false informations on this forum.
Thanks.
This has already been asked and answered in the private conversation we have. You report what you consider may be a troll and move on. You don't engage to even need to directly call them anything.

In most regards with exception to the pre patched torch luck mechanic I don't see these changes as being much of a problem I am still a bit bothered about the death lasers getting wall hacking abilities but I understand why they did that and the offending Saucer has been toned down. (still feel there was missed potential to incorporate the building elements into attack avoidance but I digress).

And here we go back to issue: Jungle cant be repaired via clentamination. Jungle damage is permanent. Because evil biomes turn mud into dirt and no mode of clentamination reverses it.
This is the one aspect of a long standing issue that still irks me they haven't dealt with sufficiently as while chlorophyte offers a small degree of protection it isn't sufficient without proper quarantine and the evil biomes have the chance of cutting through the Jungle roughly 50% of the time which can only be circumvented if you go through and destroy every instance of stone within the Jungle.

There are several fixes from something that transforms dirt back into mud or even only having the evil biomes convert mud blocks with "grass" or the conditions for grass to spread since that is how the Hallow Clentaminator solution works on jungle anyways. Alternatively you could have a solution or method to reverse this or at least ensure that the hallow stripe is on the Jungle side

Last edited:
There are several fixes from something that transforms dirt back into mud or even only having the evil biomes convert mud blocks with "grass" or the conditions for grass to spread since that is how the Hallow Clentaminator solution works on jungle anyways. Alternatively you could have a solution or method to reverse this or at least ensure that the hallow stripe is on the Jungle side

This is the only thing i cannot understand. Getting your world overrun if you do nothing? OK. Permanent destruction of a critical biome? Why? The easiest solution is just to add mud analog to corruption\hallow so it can be converted back and forth. Why it's not a thing? Did Developers ever commented their stance on the issue?

This is the only thing i cannot understand. Getting your world overrun if you do nothing? OK. Permanent destruction of a critical biome? Why? The easiest solution is just to add mud analog to corruption\hallow so it can be converted back and forth. Why it's not a thing? Did Developers ever commented their stance on the issue?
As far as I know no I haven't seen/heard anything on their stance for why they haven't taken efforts to mitigate the issue.

I agree with the item changes, I’m just here for the happiness changes, I think many others are here for the same reason.
Well, I think it really livens up NPCs and gives them plenty more character. It makes them feel like actual people, and not walking shops and health refillers. That said, I can see why people are upset that they have to treat them like people now, and their unwillingness to live in a place with only five, no, four people in it is kind of annoying to me, especially when it can drastically affect their prices.

Back
Top Bottom